What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Nightingale 2017

Dragsters

First Grade
Last I saw he played for NZ and played well. Why any doubt over this legend of the club. He deserves to go out in his terms and should be the first man picked. He is also the type who will always put the club first so when he thinks he is not up to it I am sure he will go. Whether it be at the end of 2017 nobody knows but him. Not up to us or anyone else to make that decision but himself.

Gets my vote for post of the week!

monsterkev

Juniors
Nightigale is in discussion about extending his contract for 1 to 2 seasons
2017 should be his last,another 2 seasons of not having speed on the wing
Again i dont understand the logic
We have players that are going to miss out who should be playing and will now feel they should look elsewhere
I know he was an international and all but sorry nighty make this season your last

Reactions: Qdf

Old Timer

Coach
He has lost some speed, but his defence is spot on
Can't agree I believe his side is targeted now.
Many times he comes in on the centre (maybe a Benji factor) and the winger crosses un opposed.
I think this showed up in the recent international games as well if not mistaken he came in on Aitken and he still powered over.

Old Timer

Coach
Nightigale is in discussion about extending his contract for 1 to 2 seasons
2017 should be his last,another 2 seasons of not having speed on the wing
Again i dont understand the logic
We have players that are going to miss out who should be playing and will now feel they should look elsewhere
I know he was an international and all but sorry nighty make this season your last
Good post monsterkev
IMO that's why the ESL exists.
Former greats go out to pasture there and new players come up to fill their spots here.
Stupidly what we do is keep the former great until he is far less than he was, let the up and coming juniors go to other clubs, then buy journey men or so called depth players to replace them both.
Then to top it off many of our former juniors / players will exert pain on us when they turn out for their new clubs.

monsterkev

Juniors
He has lost some speed, but his defence is spot on
Maybe this is part of mary's plan
We wont need speed if we base our game on defence just dont let the opposition get past you otherwise we cant catch them
We wont need to score runaway tries
Our forwards can barge over the tryline in the first 5 hitups

Reactions: Qdf

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Nighty had his moments last year. He had a big hand in our win against Penrith last year when Soward kept attacking his wing with bombs. And he scored that runaway try to get us on the front foot against Souths. Is that enough to hold his first grade spot? Probably not but there are worse wingers at the club.

Old Timer

Coach
I am a bit concerned that people keep saying Nighty should be able to set the timing of his departure.
IMO that is part of the problem with our club.
Players are under contract and the club should say yes or no and do it by making an informed assessment of what we need today but also next year and the year after.
Sentimentality never wins a premiership it is offered as an excuse for why something didn't happen..

ALSGI

Bench
Reading the different opinions confirms we all admire him greatly.

I still reckon his future is on the bench to cover our backs and add some impact around the dummy half just before half time, late in the the game. His influence on our youngsters would also be invaluable.

monsterkev

Juniors
Reading the different opinions confirms we all admire him greatly.

I still reckon his future is on the bench to cover our backs and add some impact around the dummy half just before half time, late in the the game. His influence on our youngsters would also be invaluable.
I would rather see him on the bench as a backup hooker/fullback/winger if there are any injuries and give his regular spot to a junior

Old Timer

Coach
I would rather see him on the bench as a backup hooker/fullback/winger if there are any injuries and give his regular spot to a junior
I didn't like that scenario at first but starting to warm to it a little.
I think thats' how he came into 1st grade if not mistaken.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Flo is classy enough to call it quits.
He stayed at his prime for less money.
If 2017 doesnt pan out for him, i would expect that he and he alone will make that call.
A true gentleman and club legend.
Also, a very rational and level headed man.. The club need not fear his position.
Doubt very much that Flo would inhibit the club..

Well put together my friend

ALSGI

Bench
One of the sadest moments from the CS was watching Flo. Widolp was disgraceful but Flo was sad to watch.
Enough sentimentality ..... it's time now.

TruSaint

Referee
One of the sadest moments from the CS was watching Flo. Widolp was disgraceful but Flo was sad to watch.
Enough sentimentality ..... it's time now.

Respectfully disagree.
He did what he always does. What part of his game, in respect to the team, did he let us down ?

FlameThrower

Bench
He has developed bad habit of being too far back, and coming in to far from his wing. It was really obvious at the game yesterday....due respect and was a great Club man, but this must be his last year.

mickeylane

Bench
I still believe he is our "smartest" winger by a mile.. I think he's good for one more season along w Mcdonald at least we can say we have a pair of stable wingers.. I'm sure when Hunt arrives next year he will at least be targeting hs kicks to Mcdonalds wing who besides Daniel TUPOU is the best winger to kick to in the comp.. (Someone tell Widdop this)

Latest posts