What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Smith charged cocaine trafficking

footy75

Bench
he had a bit of charlie and some xanax for personal news... still dont get how its even a crime or newsworthy.

the good news is he didnt dob on his mates.

kdalymc

Bench
Please tell me that he introduced himself and your response was "who? Jason smith? Never heard of the f**ker."
I did say to my mate
“Origin Star? I’ve never even heard of this f**ker”
But obviously he’s not a member on here so just proceeded to explain who he was.
I said only joking mate

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-...chaels-to-stand-trial-alleged-cocaine/9746122

NRL player Steve Michaels to stand trial on 10 charges of supplying cocaine during 2014 season

By Tom Forbes
Updated about 9 hours ago

Former Gold Coast Titans and Brisbane Broncos player Steve Michaels has been committed to stand trial over a cocaine scandal that rocked the NRL, after he allegedly dealt cocaine to himself and others at various Gold Coast suburbs, a court has heard.

The 31-year-old was playing for the Titans when more than six past and present players were swept up in a Crime and Corruption Commission (CCC) investigation that included codehopper Karmichael Hunt.

Mr Michaels appeared at Southport Magistrates Court where he was committed to stand trial on 10 charges of supplying cocaine during the 2014 season.

The court heard Mr Michaels lives at Mermaid Beach and works in Brisbane.

The other players at the centre of the allegations have already had their matters dealt with, but Mr Michaels spent two years playing football overseas and returned to Australia last November.

Lawyer Campbell MacCallum said Mr Michaels was in England before he was charged.

"[Mr Michaels] handed himself in on his return," Mr MacCallum said.

Mr Michaels did not enter a plea and will face trial in the District Court at a later date.

The court heard two of the witness statements tendered to the court were from Queensland Reds player Karmichael Hunt, who is a former Bronco and was with the Gold Coast Suns when he was caught up in the CCC sting.

Latest posts