Jason Taumalolo opts to play for Tonga

Discussion in 'World Cup 2017' started by Spade, Oct 4, 2017.

1. kiwileaguefan

kiwileaguefan Juniors

2. Emu01

Emu01 Juniors

3. Clarkent

Clarkent Juniors

Wait until they arrive in Auckland! I remember the rugby union world cup and the fans we're crazy at the airport! What taumalolo did is gonna fire up he's nation and there fans are gonna be all there to support them... Actually can't wait to watch them play

Emu01 likes this.
  4. Clarkent

Clarkent Juniors

The island nation will never have the money like Australia and NZ do... They need all the help they can get if they wanna grow the international game... Tonga's national sport is not even rugby league so that makes it even more harder! That's why I'm happy taumalolo and fifita turned to help Tonga cause if they do well at this world they would actually make rugby league the main sport in Tonga

5. Bobby DIGital

Bobby DIGital Coach

F*ck this. We're gonna beat Tonga like they stole somethin'.

Iafeta likes this.
  6. kiwileaguefan

kiwileaguefan Juniors

Irish-bulldog likes this.
  7. Clarkent

Clarkent Juniors

Been watching some of the videos in Tonga on social media and they're getting swarmed by there fans everywhere they go... Especially taumalolo getting hugged by crying fans and thanking him for turning down the kiwi Jersey to represent Tonga... I mean tonga has very little chance of winning this world cup but these people don't care... I hope Tonga do play well for them... Can't wait until they get to auckland cause there's more Tongans in Auckland then there are in tonga

RedVee and hutch like this.
  8. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

I see the kiwis are still whinging..

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?objectid=11932927&ref=twitter

9. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

It's the RL way, sook about what everyone else is doing instead of trying to improve to their level.
    There's nothing stopping the Kiwis from setting up their own mid-season rep program except lack of effort.

10. Perth Red

Perth Red Referee

Getting spicy, can't wait for the nz tonga game! This is just what the tournament needed. Some hype and controversy but in a good way.
    Anyone who says international rugby league isn't important for the growth of the game has no idea!

Former NRL player John Hopoate has threatened to "bash" New Zealand rugby league captain Adam Blair over his criticism of Jason Taumalolo and the North Queensland star's decision to play for Tonga at the Rugby League World Cup.
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/sport/rugby-league/ill-bash-adam-blair-hoppa/ar-AAtnjfX

RedVee likes this.
  11. johnny plath

johnny plath Juniors

I'm confused....Where did all these fans come from... I thought the Tongan community only want born and bred Tongans in there team... thats what I read on these forums.

12. Clarkent

Clarkent Juniors

So your assuming all those locals celebrating with the tongan team all in this forum lol nah there's always gonna be tongan people against it but I'm pretty sure there's more supporting them for there decision to play for Tonga... Taumalolo is basically a king to them at this point... The tongan community in Auckland are gonna make there local supporters look like amateurs... Can't wait for this Pool B to start now... Gonna be some good games... Kiwis trying to payback taumalolo for ditching them and Tonga to answer back with no fear... And then probably the greatest rivalry out there Tonga vs Samoa is gonna be physical! Can't wait

13. Matua

Matua Juniors

14. roughyedspud

roughyedspud Coach

15. Iafeta

Iafeta Referee

You really think the NRL and ESL clubs would allow NZ players to go through a rep series?! Playa, pulleasse

Bobby DIGital and deluded pom? like this.
  16. AJB1102

AJB1102 Juniors

"And who the hell is Adam Blair? I'll bash Adam Blair, I don't care, I'll bash him."

hahaha classic Hoppa!

17. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

If they actually tried to and were blocked while Australia are allowed to have 3 Origin games, *then* they'd have something decent to whinge about

RedVee likes this.
  18. kiwileaguefan

kiwileaguefan Juniors

The previous NZRL CEO Phil Holden discussed this with us during a road show a few years back. He said it was blocked by the NRL clubs because they are already weakend by losing there SOO players.

He also mentioned that playing extra test matches during this period was blocked by the club's.

Bobby DIGital, adamkungl and Iafeta like this.
  19. Iafeta

Iafeta Referee

As above. They have tried. And it was blocked.

Bobby DIGital likes this.
  20. adamkungl

adamkungl Immortal

Fair enough then, whinge away.
    Get it in the papers, call the NRL racists, threaten to have the Warriors break away!