What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taumalolo opts to play for Tonga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basil

Juniors
Dozens of Tongans, Samoans & Cook Islanders who never should've been allowed to play for Tonga, Samoa or The C.I's then if that's the way you wanna play it. They should be our depth players and nothing more. Rangi Chase should've put his head down, worked hard and waited for an opportunity to eventually play for his country. He could've possibly played for the Kiwis in 2015-2016 when we went over to the UK with bums like Lolohea, or players out of position in the halves. Instead, Rangi took the cowardly option.

Let's not go around in circles again. Men born in NZ, should represent NZ...YA TWAT!

And no I don't use f*ckin instagram.

what about those Samoan, Tongan and Cook Island bloodlines, or does that not matter? Oh wait ... it only matters when they have Kiwi blood eh? Then they can play for NZ, even if they are Oz born and raised! Give yourself an uppercut ya dill !!

Basil

Juniors
Why not? You're the first to whinge at perceived poaching of PI talent (often when they're of NZ origin anyway) yet you don't have an issue with a system that can possibly take a young NZer from NZ purely for league reasons and then induce them to switch allegiance due to a state competition?

possibly, but hardly happens. Can you actually give any examples?

Basil

Juniors
Not now, you know that is only a recent rule change.

Yeah, and most of them do that because they're not yet good enough for the Kiwis and the rules allow them to that. Jordan Rapana only played for the Cooks because the Kiwis kept overlooking him, and quite frankly we were lucky not to lose him to Australia.

Do you honestly think what's happened with Tonga is going to be a trend? It's kicked off because the Kiwis have management issues.

Also, equating some english bloke getting a tattoo with tribal designs and Rangi Chase's Ta Moko is idiotic at best and culturally insensitive at worst.

Not now, you know that is only a recent rule change.

Yeah, and most of them do that because they're not yet good enough for the Kiwis and the rules allow them to that. Jordan Rapana only played for the Cooks because the Kiwis kept overlooking him, and quite frankly we were lucky not to lose him to Australia.

Do you honestly think what's happened with Tonga is going to be a trend? It's kicked off because the Kiwis have management issues.

Also, equating some english bloke getting a tattoo with tribal designs and Rangi Chase's Ta Moko is idiotic at best and culturally insensitive at worst.

and it's idiotic to suggest that just because a bloke has a Maori tatt it means he must play for the kiwis!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Dozens of Tongans, Samoans & Cook Islanders who never should've been allowed to play for Tonga, Samoa or The C.I's then if that's the way you wanna play it. They should be our depth players and nothing more. Rangi Chase should've put his head down, worked hard and waited for an opportunity to eventually play for his country. He could've possibly played for the Kiwis in 2015-2016 when we went over to the UK with bums like Lolohea, or players out of position in the halves. Instead, Rangi took the cowardly option.

Let's not go around in circles again. Men born in NZ, should represent NZ...YA TWAT!

And no I don't use f*ckin instagram.

So what about Bryson Goodwin? Should he have been an Australian depth player considering his dad was an Ozzie born kangaroo?

Basil

Juniors
So what about Bryson Goodwin? Should he have been an Australian depth player considering his dad was an Ozzie born kangaroo?

I think Bryson might have some maori blood, and everyone with just one drop of maori blood MUST play for the kiwis! He might even have got a tatt!

Pommy

Coach
I think Bryson might have some maori blood, and everyone with just one drop of maori blood MUST play for the kiwis! He might even have got a tatt!

I like this rule England would have a shit hot squad.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
How shit was the Tongan second half, classic island football, let's play for 50 mins. They will get hammered in the semis with that garbage, might even get knocked over in the QF's.

kdalymc

Bench
I think nearly every case would have to be looked at individually..
If Both my parents were Australian, went over to PNG for a holiday, gave birth to me in PNG, came back home and I was raised in Queensland and played all my footy here should I have to play for PNG?

what about those Samoan, Tongan and Cook Island bloodlines, or does that not matter? Oh wait ... it only matters when they have Kiwi blood eh? Then they can play for NZ, even if they are Oz born and raised! Give yourself an uppercut ya dill !!

I'd rather give you a tiger uppercut with an unnecessary flip on the way down before landing ya twat.

Samoa and Tonga are basically NZ B and NZ C with a couple of big names thrown in. Unfortunately it won't be enough for them, because we hammered Samoa and we are going to annihilate Tonga.

Cook Islands is NZ D I guess.

and it's idiotic to suggest that just because a bloke has a Maori tatt it means he must play for the kiwis!

How is that idiotic? What do you know about the significance of ta moko? Every line in those tatts represents where the person comes from, and their ancestors. It means more to maori than some cool patterns on your body which may help you get a root.

Pommy

Coach
His dad is a Maori. TBH I never wanted him, but hey at least he tried to make up for his Dad's mistake.

Yeah an Australian born Maori. Do you think anyone with English blood should play for England? Or does this only count for Maoris? I assume with a name like Goodwin he would be eligible to play for England under your rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.