What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taumalolo

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Yeah Blair probably played his best game since Melbourne too.

I remember seeing JT's stats way back when he first came on the scene and seeing the potential he had in ripping up the entire park if given more minutes, same thing with Klemmer to a certain degree, yet JT has that pace and endless energy that puts him clearly above.
I wonder where that came from. I've never seen such an effort from an individual player who was as fresh after 90 minutes as what he was at the first half kickoff.

While the other 25 players on the field were shattered, scattered and splattered, Taumalolo never stopped. If I owned a hat, I would take it off to him.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah Blair probably played his best game since Melbourne too.

I remember seeing JT's stats way back when he first came on the scene and seeing the potential he had in ripping up the entire park if given more minutes, same thing with Klemmer to a certain degree, yet JT has that pace and endless energy that puts him clearly above.
Yeah what separates Lolo from Klemmer and indeed anyone is his speed, frame (Klemmer is taller where as Lolo has a great centre of gravity - the perfect build), and perhaps most importantly his footwork.

It's immense and allows him to poke his nose through the line almost at will.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Tackling guys like that must be exhausting. He breaks the advantage line in almost every run so on top of the significant initial impact, tacklers then have to make a second big effort to drag him down. Standing in the tackle is one thing but he's always surging forward.

Tevita Pansy-Guy Jr. should be embarrassed with his performance. He sat on the bench for 80mins, then came on in extra time fresh and did nothing. In comparison, Taumalolo was still destroying Brisbane's pack in extra time after already owning them for 80mins. What a contrast.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There were rumours a while back we were looking at Parr to be our CEO just so we could try and nab Taumalolo. I was so happy I went into a delirious coma.

Then I crashed back to reality.

Taumalolo is a weapon of mass destruction.

Tommy Smith

Referee
3rd best player in the game behind Thurston and Smith?

I think so.

I'd imagine his next contract will be worth upwards of 1m per year.

SBD82

Coach
Firstly, let me preface this by saying that JT is an absolute beast and I would have him in my team ahead of any other forward in the game.

I think players that rely on a power game have a limited shelf life unless they can evolve their game later in their career. Years of playing as hard as JT does at the top level has a massive effect on the body, with little injuries become the norm and slowing down their power game.

SBW would be a great example of a player who made the transition, and added more strings to his bow.

A guy like tapau would be an example of not having anything else when the power game doesn't work.

Looking forward to seeing JT get better and better. Hope it happens.

For now just really enjoying watching him bring the pain to his opponents.

JJ

Immortal
Controversial.. but he may be the best JT in the game this year.
Don't really think it's controversial.

Most agree Cronk's been the best half this season. With respect to locks Merrin has been astonishingly good, but he's still the length of the straight behind big JT...

The_Shield

Juniors
He needed a big game against the Broncos after the effort he put in against Melbourne. Did absolutely nothing

Frankus

Juniors
Every run was like his last. And to think he is only 23 - he will improve.

And his speed out of dummy half, for 113kg that is impressive.

Tevita Pansy-Guy Jr. should be embarrassed with his performance. He sat on the bench for 80mins, then came on in extra time fresh and did nothing. In comparison, Taumalolo was still destroying Brisbane's pack in extra time after already owning them for 80mins. What a contrast.

And compare that input to Fatsiano's impactful 8 minutes before he was subbed off, reaching for the o2 and McNuggets. (Not in that order)

blaza88z

Coach

Is it possible for you to not be salty about blokes that leave your club?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
he's outpu and figures and gone up hugely this season and is a credit to the conditioning team up there and jason himself for putting in the hard yards. Remember reading an interview with him that he said he was unhappy that he still driftede in and out of games and got lazy in defence and grabbed a lot.

Defence is much safer but still rarely see one of the most powerful men in the game today in the big hits package unless he has the ball in his hand. Can imagine his strength and power with a technique like napa