What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taumalolo

Vee

First Grade
Perhaps...

I did hear someone make a good point how the majority of the Immortals come from an era where Great Britain beat Australia more often than not.

Where as the ultra dominant Roos teams of the 80s and 90s have only 1 Immortal among them.

I have to think that's down to the overly enamoured opinions we have of past greats through the passage of time.

What's that Lord of the Rings line? "History became legend. Legend became myth".

And this is especially so in the pre tv era.
I doubt England were as poor in the 50s as they were in the 80s.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I doubt England were as poor in the 50s as they were in the 80s.

We had the likes of Ellery hanly, Garry Schofield, Andy Gregory, Shaun Edwards, Kevin ward, Andy Goodway, Henderson gill etc so not without talent. That 86 kangaroos squad though was pretty awesome.

Vee

First Grade
We had the likes of Ellery hanly, Garry Schofield, Andy Gregory, Shaun Edwards, Kevin ward, Andy Goodway, Henderson gill etc so not without talent. That 86 kangaroos squad though was pretty awesome.
Most of those blokes were gifted attackers but less able in defense and/or the 1%ers. Hanley and Ward were world-class.

ed-grimley

Bench
Wasn't Raper famed for his round the legs cover tackles?

Let's be honest, it's likely that Lolo is twice the player he was.

Alas he doesn't have the mythos & mystique that come with being one of the legends from your grandads era; where not many games were televised but they swear blindly that "those blokes from my era" were the greatest.
I think you'd have to have seen the good players of the past to realise what they were like.
Bob Fulton is probably the pick of the Immortals and was the equal of anyone going around today including Jonathon.

T-Boon

Coach
This big turd just spent the whole night running at the smallest player on the park.

Surely

Post Whore
No interchanges , 13 plus 2 reserves and it will be the smallest guy running at the biggest guy again.

The_Shield

Juniors
I have a question about JT. Given the whole thing about Andrew Fifita still being eligible for NSW while he’s aligned with Tonga, wouldn’t that mean that Taumalolo would be eligible for QLD as well? As far as I can see if Fifita is eligible then Taumalolo should be too, right?

Dave_

Juniors
I have a question about JT. Given the whole thing about Andrew Fifita still being eligible for NSW while he’s aligned with Tonga, wouldn’t that mean that Taumalolo would be eligible for QLD as well? As far as I can see if Fifita is eligible then Taumalolo should be too, right?
Don't give the 2 heads ideas like that...

Vee

First Grade
JT13 has played for Unzud so is not available for Oz and therefore unavailable for Qld until they change the rules again.

Canard

Immortal
Even if he made himself available, which he can't because of the reasons above, he doesn't meet the other eligibility criteria.

I.e lived in Qld before 13.

Jason Taumololo is the most articulate lock forward in the NRL, and one of the top 10 most articulate NRL players overall. He should get a TV gig when he retires.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Jason Taumololo is the most articulate lock forward in the NRL, and one of the top 10 most articulate NRL players overall. He should get a TV gig when he retires.

Corey, Kevin, Blocker and Hodges are the standard he has to beat

Shout out to my man Laurie Spina on radio. If Jase can match is level of commentary I am sure a long future awaits him in the media