What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings for Fiji

Golden point

Juniors
Shut up you plum...nothing to do with race or relatives!! Its about him playing for whatever team has a better shot of going deep into the comp!
I see so you sat down and had deep and meaningful conversation with the man and he told you that this was the reason.. and he has no pride for the Fijian blood running through his veins ... perhaps this is a great addition to the Fijian squad and yes they could push the big three .. unlike the countless additions of aussies like radradra and tamou this might actually be good for the growth of international rugby league...
If I had a grandmother from fiji and fiji had a great side then why wouldn't i want to join them.. let's see... I would make my grandmother proud, get into the origin of my existence and embrace with pride those origins of my self... play in a world cup surrounded by quality footballers knowing we have a real chance of success while also being surrounded by other that are getting in touch with their origins that we share.
What an amazing experience that he will never forget and 1 story he will love to share with his grandchildren, the brotherhood he shared in his youth.

Or maybe he should try to please a bunch of spastics on an anonymous forum?

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Alright let players play for as many countries as they are entitled to.

However when we are here in 25 years wondering why international league can't grow and is some backwater game in every country other than Australia you may understand it's about the whole of the game and the perception of it creating credibility in order to grow not one individual who has a few relo's from other countries.

Golden point

Juniors
Alright let players play for as many countries as they are entitled to.

However when we are here in 25 years wondering why international league can't grow and is some backwater game in every country other than Australia you may understand it's about the whole of the game and the perception of it creating credibility in order to grow not one individual who has a few relo's from other countries.
Yeah I can't possibly understand your logic. The only way forward is for closer, genuinely competitive , high quality football played on a regular basis that encompasses as many nations at that level as possible. This is the only way the international jumper can reclaim it's status as the pinnacle from origin. The big 3 might become the big 4 as soon as this year. If fiji can genuinely push up then the knock on affect could be substantial ...more games...more sponsors...more spectators...more money...more juniors...and all of a sudden every one can't wait for the next game of international league!

roughyedspud

Coach
I see so you sat down and had deep and meaningful conversation with the man and he told you that this was the reason.. and he has no pride for the Fijian blood running through his veins ...

I'll stop you right there....Jennings was in the mix to be selected for tonga in the last two Pacific test series too add to his 3 or 4 test caps he already has for tonga and either side of having a half a dozen caps for australia!! So shove your Fijian blood bullshit up your backside!

Golden point

Juniors
I'll stop you right there....Jennings was in the mix to be selected for tonga in the last two Pacific test series too add to his 3 or 4 test caps he already has for tonga and either side of having a half a dozen caps for australia!! So shove your Fijian blood bullshit up your backside!
So you're saying he has no Fijian heritage?
Why even reply if you aren't capable of comprehending my point?

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Yeah I can't possibly understand your logic. The only way forward is for closer, genuinely competitive , high quality football played on a regular basis that encompasses as many nations at that level as possible. This is the only way the international jumper can reclaim it's status as the pinnacle from origin. The big 3 might become the big 4 as soon as this year. If fiji can genuinely push up then the knock on affect could be substantial ...more games...more sponsors...more spectators...more money...more juniors...and all of a sudden every one can't wait for the next game of international league!

Take Italy for example packing them full of Aussies does nothing.

How about they select a squad of 24 for the World Cup and 8-10 must be Italian born and bred (or whatever number) when they play another emerging nation they both have to field say 4 plus one sub in the team when they play a tier one nation drop it back to one player.

This gives teams experience gives credibility and adds quality with experienced pro players.

Clarkent

Juniors

How about they select a squad of 24 for the World Cup and 8-10 must be Italian born and bred (or whatever number) when they play another emerging nation they both have to field say 4 plus one sub in the team when they play a tier one nation drop it back to one player.

This gives teams experience gives credibility and adds quality with experienced pro players.[/QUOTthe so called Aussie players you're talking about have Italian blood in them... Just because they weren't born and bred in there home country doesn't make them less Italian... What would you rather have? A team of Italian stars in the nrl competing against the best or an Italian team full of average players from there homeland getting there ass whooped 100-0 every game? I don't get why people hate heritage players playing for there country? The Jennings part I don't like cause he played for aus and Tonga? Once you play more then 2 teams then that's a big problem

Clarkent

Juniors

This gives teams experience gives credibility and adds quality with experienced pro players.
the so called Aussie players you're talking about have Italian blood in them... Just because they weren't born and bred in there home country doesn't make them less Italian... What would you rather have? A team of Italian stars in the nrl competing against the best or an Italian team full of average players from there homeland getting there ass whooped 100-0 every game? I don't get why people hate heritage players playing for there country? The Jennings part I don't like cause he played for aus and Tonga? Once you play more then 2 teams then that's a big problem

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The Italian team has little credibility if you think it does good luck to you. As I said balance it out pick 5 players from the Italian comp to go with the pro players and then I think we are headed in the right direction. If for example they are playing Ireland both teams need 5 local players to go with their pro selected players. This way both teams are on the same page. If they are drawn against the big 3 they only need to choose one local player.

Golden point

Juniors
the so called Aussie players you're talking about have Italian blood in them... Just because they weren't born and bred in there home country doesn't make them less Italian... What would you rather have? A team of Italian stars in the nrl competing against the best or an Italian team full of average players from there homeland getting there ass whooped 100-0 every game? I don't get why people hate heritage players playing for there country? The Jennings part I don't like cause he played for aus and Tonga? Once you play more then 2 teams then that's a big problem
I certainly agree that the Jennings situation is less than ideal on the surface but that is just the problem .. who are we to judge the connections that someone has to multiple national affiliations? If he has even a little Fijian blood then he would probably feel like that part of him is just as important as any wouldn't he? I certainly would... I thought I was 100% Aussie until I found out that one of my great grandfather's was a yank, now I have a link and affection for that country because I know its part of me.

roughyedspud

Coach
So you're saying he has no Fijian heritage?
Why even reply if you aren't capable of comprehending my point?

Beg your pardon?

I never said he doesn't have Fijian heritage you gimp....but idiots like you pop up every world cup year bleating on about Fijian blood,Tongan blood,whatever blood...as if "blood" is somekind of indication of passion? WHERE WAS HIS FIJIAN BLOOD WHILE REPPING FOR TONGA?? was his Tongan blood thicker that day??!

f**king idiot lol

Golden point

Juniors
Beg your pardon?

I never said he doesn't have Fijian heritage you gimp....but idiots like you pop up every world cup year bleating on about Fijian blood,Tongan blood,whatever blood...as if "blood" is somekind of indication of passion? WHERE WAS HIS FIJIAN BLOOD WHILE REPPING FOR TONGA?? was his Tongan blood thicker that day??!

f**king idiot lol
Hahaha silly me...imagine that! Exploring different parts of your heritage at different times.... what? I have a Fijian grandmother? So what! My rugby league career says I'm Tongan and Aussie so tell her to go to hell! Stupid f**king Fijian! Lol

You brain dead hick.

hutch

First Grade
The Italian team has little credibility if you think it does good luck to you. As I said balance it out pick 5 players from the Italian comp to go with the pro players and then I think we are headed in the right direction. If for example they are playing Ireland both teams need 5 local players to go with their pro selected players. This way both teams are on the same page. If they are drawn against the big 3 they only need to choose one local player.
The Italian team squad will probabaky have more locals in it than the Samoan & Tongan squads. The "Aussies" are just as Italian as the heritage players in other nations.

I agree with the minimum domestic player rule, it shouldn't have to come from the local comp though. There are Scottish, Italian and American players in leagues around Sydney who are out here getting rugby league experience who are domestically produced. They should be included in any such quota.

roughyedspud

Coach
Hahaha silly me...imagine that! Exploring different parts of your heritage at different times.... what? I have a Fijian grandmother? So what! My rugby league career says I'm Tongan and Aussie so tell her to go to hell! Stupid f**king Fijian! Lol

You brain dead hick.

His rugby career said he was Tongan and Australian,no problem with that,till Fiji had a gun side...wake up dickhead!