What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings for Fiji

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The Italian team squad will probabaky have more locals in it than the Samoan & Tongan squads. The "Aussies" are just as Italian as the heritage players in other nations.

I agree with the minimum domestic player rule, it shouldn't have to come from the local comp though. There are Scottish, Italian and American players in leagues around Sydney who are out here getting rugby league experience who are domestically produced. They should be included in any such quota.

True. I was using Italy as an example, but take your pick.

It's not hard for the Island teams to add a few locals in their squads.

roughyedspud

Coach
Sticking with Fiji... apparently Api koroisau the manly & fiji hooker,is being considered for the PM13 team to play PNG in a couple of weeks...what is the effing point?

roughyedspud

Coach
What's the problem 'spud? The PM X111s isn't an international side.

the problem is,like i said to brad walters on twitter, ITS STILL A AUSTRALIAN TEAM!...

api would be turning out in aussie colours one week,and then providing he does'nt get injured,turning out in fijian colours a week or two later...it doesn't matter if its a invitational team..its world cup year!

and if the fijian hooker,hes played every game for fiji since he last world cup iirc, is the best they've got then f**k me the aussies are in deep sh!t

roughyedspud

Coach
its quite telling that when ive questioned why the pm13 team would pick him,on twitter, when he could be preparing for fiji in camp or world cup warm ups...the fiji nswcup twitter handle liked it!

leave the lad alone! it only brings into question the integrity of the sport! also decide what the pm13 team is! some years its the aussie 'A' team now its a invitational team ?

seriously,since the new rules where brought in,being allowed to be selected for a 2nd nation if your 1st nation didn't select you,a rule ive argued for for years,the ONLY nation thats f**ked about with the rules is AUSTRALIA,diving back in for andrew faftia after he missed out for selection for australia so tonga selected him then australia snatched him back ad now wanting to pick the fijian no 9 for a nothing game weeks before a world cup!

have a word with yourselves Australia ffs pick damian cook,nathan peats,the nsw hooker or someone!

adamkungl

Immortal
I've said it before, I don;t see why the PMXIII isn't just a Kangaroo tour with the players who are currently available.

Latest posts