What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings for Fiji

stormbati

Bench
I think Fiji play the Kangaroos in Suva before the World Cup. Not sure if PM's game is before or after that.

Golden point

Juniors
This game should be scraped. The best for png probably won't get to play because of the success of the hunters, this is just an easy grab to get as many young talents excited about an Aussie jumper. The same thing mal did with the maroons

hutch

First Grade
So why the fuss? he'll be in the Bati squad come the WC.

Because it shows the absolute disrespect the ARL have for the international game, other rugby league playing nations, the World Cup and growing rugby league.

He is a Fijian player getting ready for a World Cup with Fiji and he is training and playing with the Australian team. It stinks.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Because it shows the absolute disrespect the ARL have for the international game, other rugby league playing nations, the World Cup and growing rugby league.

He is a Fijian player getting ready for a World Cup with Fiji and he is training and playing with the Australian team. It stinks.

Totally agree Hutch … I mean, Mal Meaning has a squillion Australian players to choose from … why does he then kept insisting on picking Fijians for Australian sides????

It's a frickin' joke … I am so utterly sick of international RL being made to be a joke !!!

Matterhorn

Juniors
Fiji will be filthy if he picks up an injury from this game

So I am confused - is he also now eligible for NSW / AUSTRALIA

roughyedspud

Coach
He was born in Sydney so he's eligible for nsw & Australia anyway...but the point is the lad has clearly nailed his colours to Fiji's mast,played every game for Fiji since 2013

stormbati

Bench
He's Fiji's best player. Not sure why Meninga would even pick him considering he has Smith, Friend, Granville, Peats, Cook and McInnes. Oh and Farrah

deluded pom?

Coach
Is there any evidence that Jennings had said he wants to play for Fiji other than a claim from a Fijian official?

morningstar

Juniors
Kata and Lolohea pick Tonga.

http://www.rlwc2017.com/news/winning-starts-monday-kata-and-lolohea-choose-tonga-over-kiwis

Lolohea was probably no chance for Kiwis anyway but Kata would have made the squad.

No way Kata was being picked. He's been a selfish liability all year.

On the plus side he should really be playing for Tonga anyway. Never sat right with me him playing for the Kiwis last year. Our Semi moment.

Tonga look a bit more legitimate now. Should be at least 3 Tongan born in the squad along with PaasI & Hurrell.

morningstar

Juniors
Whare, Fusitua, Kenny-Dowall, Beale, Hiku, Takairangi, Joseph Manu, Chase Stanley, DWZ at a push, Kahu if he mans up and postpones surgery.

I'd pick Alex Glenn & Lewis Brown in the centres over Kata based on this years form.

Latest posts