What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings to the Roosters?

Big Mick

Referee
Don't see how that is possible since the Roosters didn't have enough to even offer Quade Cooper a min contract offer after signing Sonny Bill.

But I guess it is Ian Schubert so it'll pass.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Don't see how that is possible since the Roosters didn't have enough to even offer Quade Cooper a min contract offer after signing Sonny Bill.

But I guess it is Ian Schubert so it'll pass.

Lol.. Where did you pull that one from? Why the hell would the Roosters sign Cooper? We don't need a halve or fullback, it had nothing to do with the salary cap. We just didn't want him.

Big Mick

Referee
Lol.. Where did you pull that one from? Why the hell would the Roosters sign Cooper? We don't need a halve or fullback, it had nothing to do with the salary cap. We just didn't want him.

I know that, but remember the bs that came out in the press? "Oh we don't have enough, we could only offer him a minimum deal". That the line spewed out initially...but in reality why would you want him when you have RTS and Pearce...it just made no sense, but you needed to put that out there so Sonny Bill wouldn't chuck a tanty that his best mate wasn't going to play alongside him.

I hardly think that letting go of BJ would free up enough.

But tbh, I'm done caring about the salary cap, it is useless anyway. Teams that want to cheat, always find ways of doing it. Most don't get caught anyway.

If Jennings wants to go to the Roosters...fine.

I'm just done with all the speculation bullshit about Jennings...just get it done one way or another so we can move on as a fan base and a club.

Jellybean

Juniors
Every team has an extra $500K to play with now. Chooks and all clubs have more money to play with. Plus Bj and Mose gone

Big Mick

Referee
Not really. Part, if not all of that $500k is absorbed by clauses in player contracts which dictate should a salary cap rise that their playing wage should rise by the same percentage to the cap increase.

Delboy

First Grade
The cynic in me thinks that if the auditor eiother worked or played for you, then the club has a different set of rules. Queistions need to be asked about that, and basically taken out of the hands of the current flawed person and put in the hands of an independent source.

This is from a Parra supporter, but the west generally gets screwed by the admin

CJG 182

Juniors
Not really. Part, if not all of that $500k is absorbed by clauses in player contracts which dictate should a salary cap rise that their playing wage should rise by the same percentage to the cap increase.

Know for a fact as the cap goes up, the roosters are one of the few teams that get a lot of benefit from it. Very few players tied to a %. Manly on the other hand get little to no benefit.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm well and truly over Jennings, stay or go. Don't care either way.
I would agree if he was fueling the rumours. Nothing in the paper. Nothing on his or George's twitter or facebook. Nothing from Gus or the club. Nothing from the media. So hard to blame him for this rumour.

If Folau was valued at $400k. Jennings would be the same if not more. So I doubt anyone can afford him this late in the pre-season. If anyone can the cap is a farce.

murraymob

Coach
I would agree if he was fueling the rumours. Nothing in the paper. Nothing on his or George's twitter or facebook. Nothing from Gus or the club. Nothing from the media. So hard to blame him for this rumour.

If Folau was valued at $400k. Jennings would be the same if not more. So I doubt anyone can afford him this late in the pre-season. If anyone can the cap is a farce.

the problem is the rumour keeps getting fueled by people like langmack Be interested to know what role langmack has at the roosters

Panther_Daz

Staff member
The worrying thing about this is the close relationship between Gould and Politis. Gould rates Politis as the best man he has ever met after his own father. Any deal between these two for Jennings could mean we may have to pay more than we should.

Big Mick

Referee
Or could mean the opposite too...that Politis is doing Gus a favour...

But I agree with you likely

franklin2323

Immortal
The worrying thing about this is the close relationship between Gould and Politis. Gould rates Politis as the best man he has ever met after his own father. Any deal between these two for Jennings could mean we may have to pay more than we should.

We shouldn't pay a cent if he goes elsewhere. We shouldn't be right on the cap where we need a firesale. Sure he's overpaid but so are 5 or 6 others. 2 of these Kingston & Smith are off contract next year. Form wise McKendry should be the 1st out the door & to NZ

murraymob

Coach
franklin you are pretty close to whats going on.Are you hearing anything to suggest its true