What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Latimore returns

Carlton

Juniors
If he's on minimum wage and is there purely for backup, I can live with it. Personally I would have liked to see a young big body athlete on the verge of first grade as the signing.

I am not sold on Lawrie, tries hard but reminds me a bit of Marketo. Doesn't have the size, isn't overly mobile and has shown some issues with misreads in defence.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
If he's on minimum wage and is there purely for backup, I can live with it. Personally I would have liked to see a young big body athlete on the verge of first grade as the signing.

I am not sold on Lawrie, tries hard but reminds me a bit of Marketo. Doesn't have the size, isn't overly mobile and has shown some issues with misreads in defence.

Carlton
He 107 kg so plenty of size.
Not overly tall. I think he will improve he is only 20.
Agree re defence need improvement.
But if we had a coach how new how to get the best out of players would help.
He will be a good nrl platyer.
He want be a world beater but he will be a hard working solid nrl player

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I agree he wont let anyone down but i would much rather see guys like Kerr,Blocker ...etc given a go or more of a go, as i believe they are the future.I am sorry i did not realize that to post on here i have to share the same opinion as you Tom So in future should i check with you before posting anything?. Now i will crawl back into my hole & by the way don't call me mate as i am no f###ing mate of yours

I am more than happy for a discussion with you, always open for differing opinions. I apologise for being so forthright. You were however incredibly dismissive in your post, completely disregarding all of the quality recruitment we've done over the past year or two. It's like you were just waiting for something even SLIGHTLY bad to happen so you could pounce, you've made absolutely no mention of our quality signings/re-signings late.
"We never learn" was your line. Well, with pushing out the deadwood like Rein, Benji, Quinlan, Masoe and alike, signing guys like Hunt and Graham, re-signing Frizell/Vaughan/Widdop/De Belin/Mann and our best juniors in Host/Sailor/Field/Aitken/Lawrie... I would say we've definitely learnt and are heading in the right direction.

You want the reality? Kerr, sure... He's promising, but the kid is fighting for a starting spot in NSW Cup right now. He is not breaking into first grade anytime soon as much as it pains me to say it. He's kinda just plodding along right now.
Blocker? He's looking the goods in NSW Cup, but he's getting smashed in first grade at the moment. Almost every hit up he's made he's getting put on his back pretty quickly, very little post contact metres. Are we really going to lay all of our hopes on him to help carry us when we lose Vaughan/Frizell/De Belin etc through Origin?

The Latimore signing makes sense. He's come in to replace guys like Lewis/Masoe etc. A cheap option with plenty of experience. You can't expect EVERY signing we make to be a Bromwich/Taumalolo/Napa.

blacksafake

First Grade
I am more than happy for a discussion with you, always open for differing opinions. I apologise for being so forthright. You were however incredibly dismissive in your post, completely disregarding all of the quality recruitment we've done over the past year or two. It's like you were just waiting for something even SLIGHTLY bad to happen so you could pounce, you've made absolutely no mention of our quality signings/re-signings late.
"We never learn" was your line. Well, with pushing out the deadwood like Rein, Benji, Quinlan, Masoe and alike, signing guys like Hunt and Graham, re-signing Frizell/Vaughan/Widdop/De Belin/Mann and our best juniors in Host/Sailor/Field/Aitken/Lawrie... I would say we've definitely learnt and are heading in the right direction.

You want the reality? Kerr, sure... He's promising, but the kid is fighting for a starting spot in NSW Cup right now. He is not breaking into first grade anytime soon as much as it pains me to say it. He's kinda just plodding along right now.
Blocker? He's looking the goods in NSW Cup, but he's getting smashed in first grade at the moment. Almost every hit up he's made he's getting put on his back pretty quickly, very little post contact metres. Are we really going to lay all of our hopes on him to help carry us when we lose Vaughan/Frizell/De Belin etc through Origin?

The Latimore signing makes sense. He's come in to replace guys like Lewis/Masoe etc. A cheap option with plenty of experience. You can't expect EVERY signing we make to be a Bromwich/Taumalolo/Napa.
Well said TRVR.

BrissyRedV

Bench
The Latimore signing makes sense. He's come in to replace guys like Lewis/Masoe etc. A cheap option with plenty of experience. You can't expect EVERY signing we make to be a Bromwich/Taumalolo/Napa
Indeed. Our reserve grade side needs experience as well to help mentor the young guys we have. He will also add experience come origin period as well. These sorts of players are a must for all team's. My only fear is Mary and his selections and the way he uses him.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I would rate Hind(24) better than Latimore(31). Millward must have his head up his arse like he did with Wakeman. The Dragons have poor depth at NSW Cup level.

Carlton

Juniors
Carlton
He 107 kg so plenty of size.
Not overly tall. I think he will improve he is only 20.
Agree re defence need improvement.
But if we had a coach how new how to get the best out of players would help.
He will be a good nrl platyer.
He want be a world beater but he will be a hard working solid nrl player

Surprised he's 107kg doesn't look anywhere near that. Looks like he is just over 100kg and is being handled that way by the opposition. From what I've seen Latimore is an upgrade on Lawrie at this stage.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Leilua goes missing in games and that is at NSW Cup level so imagine that in first grade he would be exsposed even more so.

Kerr in all honestly didn't do alot wrong but also didn't do alot to elevate himself into a first grade spot Hind out played him every single week yet Hind doesn't get a new deal go figure.

Host and Sele are not front rowers as has been said so they will fight for a spot on the bench and imo Host is the more rounded player.

Lawrie is the one latimore's signing may effect some what but again lawrie isn't quite ready for the rigours of week to week first grade but in time he will be.

I rather have 4 genuine props with experience instead of having to use Sims as an out and out prop which he isn't.
if the guy
Leilua goes missing in games and that is at NSW Cup level so imagine that in first grade he would be exsposed even more so.

Kerr in all honestly didn't do alot wrong but also didn't do alot to elevate himself into a first grade spot Hind out played him every single week yet Hind doesn't get a new deal go figure.

Host and Sele are not front rowers as has been said so they will fight for a spot on the bench and imo Host is the more rounded player.

Lawrie is the one latimore's signing may effect some what but again lawrie isn't quite ready for the rigours of week to week first grade but in time he will be.

I rather have 4 genuine props with experience instead of having to use Sims as an out and out prop which he isn't.
Goes missing and he's not fit how the hell did he win player of the year and I heard he's lost a stack of weight more than 10 kgs this year ?are we talking about the same player(leilua)

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Surprised he's 107kg doesn't look anywhere near that. Looks like he is just over 100kg and is being handled that way by the opposition. From what I've seen Latimore is an upgrade on Lawrie at this stage.

Carlton
That is what the web site says.
But agree re latimore.
Over 100 nrl invaluable.
It good to have competition.
Hopefully it will make the younger guy like lowrie kerr and luch .
Put in the hard work to make it

Belta

Juniors
TRV said; "....you can't expect ... Bromich, Taumololo, Napa.."

Good point. Millard was saying he is looking for players at the lower end of the cap that won't place pressure on the cap. After hearing this I realised there's no marque winger coming either. This is why I said I don't mind the signing. I'm not dancing in the streets over it but can see it as a value for money signing... Unlike others ie Mose.

And this is where I understand the arguments about blocking youth. Some will say selections have been or are hard to understand, questionable or atleast debatable, ie and I think many were of the mind that certain players ie Kerr, Leilua, Hind and Mose Spring to mind as not been given atleast a chance in FG. I guess for me releasing Mose early was questionable because he earnt good money, gave nothing back, then was released early because he had the opportunity to get a good contract and they did not want to see him miss out. Surely a player of his size and experience could of stayed until the end used as depth. I know it's argued he wasn't playing well...what happened to him then? I know the injury, yeah but he came back from that...again there's no answers to my ravings only suspicions/unanswered questions

jak

Bench
Jak
Just trade in the old and upgrade every 5 to 10 year lol
great thanks mate, ill just go and tell the wife ill say goodbye now I'm not sure if ill be back or not that will be up to the wife or ex wife depending how your advice goes.

WA 'S OWN RED V

Juniors
Well thought out signing. Will help the young guys.Fill a hole through injury/origin.
Is an honest toiler didn't let anyone down when with us last time.

We do need a few outside backs. Nene was inconsistent. Made to many mistakes at key times in a match. Terrible reads in defence. Probably not helped out by our issues in the centres. Cost us a few games this year. Thought Mary needed to sort this out and either didn't see a problem or couldn't sort it. We missed the eight.

Having said that why did Tim try to push a pass at 20 all on our 20 FMD. Just gave it away.Dumb.
Nighty is a legend but to slow to really threaten.

We could do worse than get bmoz back.
eg keep doing what we are doing and expect a different out come.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
great thanks mate, ill just go and tell the wife ill say goodbye now I'm not sure if ill be back or not that will be up to the wife or ex wife depending how your advice goes.

Jak just like buying a new car mate.
Sometime you have to customize a bit before keeping .

Reactions: jak

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Millard was saying he is looking for players at the lower end of the cap that won't place pressure on the cap. After hearing this I realised there's no marque winger coming either.

This is why the Ottio rumour makes sense.
Koroibete/Rona was nonsense from the start. Ottio would be a VERY handy pick up. I won't make any calls too early... but he definitely has the Radrara type style about him

MrDragon007

Juniors
Ottio has an impressive highlights reel.
Wouldnt a wing pair of Ottio on one side and Koriabette on the other side be awesome in 2019?
Back to the "Black Porches" days of Offiah and Walford.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
So all the trumpeting and fan fare about Kerr's signing was therefore incorrect?
When it was questioned by some they were howled down as not having s clue.
If Latimore is a big bopper good for origin back up why are we so lucky to get him and don't the Sharks need one?
Already the acceptance of poor signings is apparent and thus our club will blunder on in the same old way
Excuse making and arse covering still well in vogue and more to come.
Keep up the good work on behalf of the club and 2018 will give you exactly what 2017 gave you
Well old-timer last year we signed a guy named Vaughan how did that work out I'm not saying latimore is a gun signing but just because the skunks don't like him doesn't mean hes no good.

I would rate Hind(24) better than Latimore(31). Millward must have his head up his arse like he did with Wakeman. The Dragons have poor depth at NSW Cup level.
Millward had nothing to do with Wakeman not getting picked Mary doesn't like Shannon for what ever reason thats the reason why he never got a go.

Millward didn't want to see him languish in the NSW Cup where he knew he was to good for that level and brokered a deal for him in the ESL which he didn't have to do.

Hind again Millward signed him and Mary refused to use him just like Dodd, Lewis, Nona and McCarthy all players who Mary flat out refused to use because of his sheer arrogance.

Hind should move on for a better oppurtunity but Head may convince him to stay.

Old Timer

Coach
Well old-timer last year we signed a guy named Vaughan how did that work out I'm not saying latimore is a gun signing but just because the skunks don't like him doesn't mean hes no good.
31 year old who had 19 appearances for the Sharks and was let go after 1 season and we get him cheap
If he is a depth signing to cover for origin or injury and we keep him 1 year and he plays Davy 6 games what did we actually achieve?
Nothing we lost the chance to progress someone else who is long term and youthfull
Just another road block like Nene & Nighty

Latest posts