What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Why only 2?

Narellan Jets in Group 6

View attachment 13525

Wentworthville Sydney Shield side also have a few sponsors on their jersey..... FIVE on the front alone!

**Edit - that's from 2015 but it's the same for this year, just can't find a pic online.

17051224415_0c60a8ab7e.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Wentworthville Sydney Shield side also have a few sponsors on their jersey..... FIVE on the front alone!

**Edit - that's from 2015 but it's the same for this year, just can't find a pic online.

17051224415_0c60a8ab7e.jpg
I've had to do jobs where you need to cram that many sponsors onto a design, makes you die a little on the inside.

gzerounian

Juniors
I know it would never happen but here is a quick fix to the NSW Origin jersey. The white under the arms and chest is changed to blue. VB brought out Blue commemorative NSW Origin cans last year so its not that far fetched for them to change their colours for the jersey.
s3j7rc.jpg
They actually did this to the VB sponsorship on the grass last wednesday..shame they cant do it to the jersey

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ok, i think ive figured out how to fix the Titans branding (for anyone who remembers my anthology of suggestions, i promise this is my most conservative/least crazy one yet)...

Go back to the original Blue-Gold shades of '07 (they were actually distinct and original and their brand has been down hill since they ditched that)

Incorporate Logan into the clubs name (similar to the old Gold Coast-Tweed branding). Gold Coast-Logan Titans would give the club claim to an extra half a million potential fans and i think the association gives the club a more grounded, working class feel. Plus, its a first step into surplanting the Broncos as THE team for rural South Queensland.

Finally, go back to the old Giants logo. "Titans" is an equally applicable name and it gets us away from the dumb Greek-Mytholoy angle. Plus, it give them a retro 80s look (a call back to the RL glory days) AND representing themselves as a continuation of the '88 side gives them more to work with in terms of stiring up rivalries; "SuperLeague Broncos killed us off, Storm stole all our players, etc".

Anyway, this is my Clipart attempt at a logo (obviously more colour is needed). What do you all think?

22406132_1456557581064711_3846956293984850937_n.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
Ok, i think ive figured out how to fix the Titans branding (for anyone who remembers my anthology of suggestions, i promise this is my most conservative/least crazy one yet)...

Go back to the original Blue-Gold shades of '07 (they were actually distinct and original and their brand has been down hill since they ditched that)

Incorporate Logan into the clubs name (similar to the old Gold Coast-Tweed branding). Gold Coast-Logan Titans would give the club claim to an extra half a million potential fans and i think the association gives the club a more grounded, working class feel. Plus, its a first step into surplanting the Broncos as THE team for rural South Queensland.

Finally, go back to the old Giants logo. "Titans" is an equally applicable name and it gets us away from the dumb Greek-Mytholoy angle. Plus, it give them a retro 80s look (a call back to the RL glory days) AND representing themselves as a continuation of the '88 side gives them more to work with in terms of stiring up rivalries; "SuperLeague Broncos killed us off, Storm stole all our players, etc".

Anyway, this is my Clipart attempt at a logo (obviously more colour is needed). What do you all think?

Least crazy but still on a different wavelength. BUT...that is an awesome jersey design in the logo. I could definitely get behind that!!

Nice... love the jersey

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Least crazy but still on a different wavelength. BUT...that is an awesome jersey design in the logo. I could definitely get behind that!!

Yeh, i get that its hard to get everyone has different tastes. I think the only unifying fact is that the current logo is irredemably shit and the Greek-Mythology theme is irredemably stupid...

I think this Giants throughback works just because it's easy to justfy; honouring the clubs heritage, "going back to our roots". The "Titans" name can be maintained (it makes as much sence as the old Giants brand did) and the logo has some actual local relevence (it screams "football", not "random B-grade movie")

And, working off this foundation, the Titans might actually be able to create the genuine, local fan culture the have been desperately lacking...

LESStar58

Referee
Hey @GAZF, any chance you can indulge me and just for shits and giggles design a concept for a Storm St. Patricks Day shirt? Green and purple works, don't it?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Im watching replays of some of the WC games, and it jumped out at me how striking the logo is. Its a great and very memorable logo and im just thinking that it is a shame that it wont be used again after the competition.

At the same time, it seems like the RLIF need a more memorable brand than their current piece of crap. They should have a logo the can throw on everything (in the same way the ARLC is putting NRL everywhere they can). RL doesnt have any kind of common, world-wide image. Something like this could be the beginning of that.

Anyway, i think with a few tweaks the WC logo could be used as the permanent RLIF badge to great effect.

22886196_1473195299400939_8226646961701085605_n.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Im watching replays of some of the WC games, and it jumped out at me how striking the logo is. Its a great and very memorable logo and im just thinking that it is a shame that it wont be used again after the competition.

At the same time, it seems like the RLIF need a more memorable brand than their current piece of crap. They should have a logo the can throw on everything (in the same way the ARLC is putting NRL everywhere they can). RL doesnt have any kind of common, world-wide image. Something like this could be the beginning of that.

Anyway, i think with a few tweaks the WC logo could be used as the permanent RLIF badge to great effect.

It's a better icon than the RLIF one but it doesn't exactly scream "rugby league".

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
It's a better icon than the RLIF one but it doesn't exactly scream "rugby league".

TBF i dont know many images that DO scream "RL". The Proven-Summens shot is a great one, but thats very "Aussie RL". In terms of something that rises above a single nation and reflects RL in general, i cant think of a single thing (maybe something from the All Golds tour, the 1895 schism or the first WC)...

Having said that, all of these would be almost totally unknown images. I dont think there is anything that already has wide public awareness, so regardless of what is chosen, it will definitely be starting from scratch.

I like this because the colours are striking (and it could be read as a reference to the All Golds; the team that really spread the gospel of RL around the world) and it references the Cup itself (the thing that brings RL nations together. And advertising the WC at every opportunity isnt really a bad thing)

In the end, i dont think it matters if it does scream "RL". Give it enough time/exposure and that connect will develop with whatever image we go for...

Perth Red

Post Whore

That style design in the shape of a rugby league ball but with a world map incorporated would be better

This is the kick and claps attempt, bit meh.

wr.png