Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Discussion in 'NRL' started by gzerounian, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Hello, I'm The Doctor First Grade

Right reaction from the fans, though.

You give the owners an inch and they take a mile. RL didnt stand up when they started putting brands on jumpers and now we look like NASCAR
    NFL fans drawing the line early will save their jumpers later...

flippikat and toomuchsoup like this.
  2. axl rose

axl rose Juniors

I agree with them, that's how much respect they have for the integrity of the jersey. Not sure it will 'save' them though, not when a tiny patch is probably worth 100's of millions a year. The billionaire owners will say the money will pay for a new stadium or threaten to move the team. They will get their way, unfortunately.

3. Perth Red

Perth Red Referee

Its amazing the lack of advertising at NFL games, jersey, stadium sideline, pitch etc. For such a corporate sport in the capitalist centre of the universe it is staggering they have gone this long without sponsors plastered everywhere

flippikat, toomuchsoup and axl rose like this.
  4. Zigwaa

Zigwaa Bench

They make up for that when the game's stop for TV commercials.

axl rose likes this.
  5. sensesmaybenumbed

sensesmaybenumbed Moderator Staff Member

Turning a 60 minute game into a 4 hour ad break might have something to do with it.

flippikat, Pommy and axl rose like this.
  6. Hello, I'm The Doctor

They realised that somethings needed to be held sacred to keep the customers coming back.

(made up for it with the hours of ad breaks though, hey)

EDIT: I actually wonder what RL fans would pick given the choice: a clean jumper or a fast game

7. Perth Red

Perth Red Referee

Pay TV lol
    TBF we have dozens of sponsorships in your face per game and Ch9 dashing to an ad break every opportunity. We got worse of both worlds, unless you have Fox. TF for Fox!

8. axl rose

axl rose Juniors

Kick off, catch, 1st tackle, 4-minute break. I enjoy NFL but League fans just wouldn't cop it.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  9. Perth Red

Perth Red Referee

I generally only watch the shortened highlights show of the NFL games, its hard work sitting through a full one with all the ads.

axl rose likes this.
  10. Nuke

Nuke Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, many years ago ABC used to show the game of the week late on Friday nights. I thought I'd give it a try one night, so turned it on ('Sports Tonight' had just finished on Ch10 ... that's how long ago I'm talking!) and there was 5mins to go before half-time. No ad breaks on ABC, but with stoppages and timeouts, ect, it took 20 minutes to complete those 5mins on the clock. And there was still halftime and the whole 2nd half to go. "Bugger this", I thought, and turned it off ... never to watch that sport again.

I dislike the walking billboard situation we're virtually at now with NRL jerseys, but if the only alternative was a much slower game, nup, I'll take the billboard jerseys any day of the week. The game is too slowed down these days as it is (what with video refs taking 2mins per decision irrespective of how obvious it may be, refs having mothers meetings with both captains every time a penalty is blown, and time off being called every time a player pretends to be injured, ect) so to slow it up even further? I don't think I could watch it if it ever came to that.

toomuchsoup likes this.
  11. Danish

Danish Referee

Its easy to keep your jerseys traditional when you are already making more money than any other sport on the planet from your other revenue channels.

The TV money is going to start drying up over the next couple contracts for them though. I can't imagine ESPN and the networks will continue to just offer more and more money given ratings have tumbled steadily over the last few years

12. Hello, I'm The Doctor

Yes, but are the ratings falling because people are less interested or just getting their fix directly from the NFL app.

In the latter case, the NFL could be making even more money by cutting out the middleman and the TVs profit margin.

13. Pommy

Pommy First Grade

You would have to be stupid to pick adverts like the NFL for a pretty shirt.

toomuchsoup likes this.
  14. Danish

Danish Referee

The NFL don’t offer live streaming of all games in the US. That is for international game pass holders only. In the US game pass only gives you out of market games that aren’t being shown on TV in your city.

Their ratings are also down down 17% in 2 years. They’d need an awful lot of subscriptions to make up for that shortfall.

Their only saviour will be hoping Amazon are dumb enough to throw big coin at them

Either way, NBA jerseys have sponsors on them now. Give it another 5-10 years and they’ll all have something soon enough

15. ed-grimley

ed-grimley Juniors

Nothing's worse than the freaking ads on this forum.

macavity and kdalymc like this.
  16. beave

beave Coach

Broncos day on fox. Derby game from 1996 against the other powerhouse of SEQ RL.

[​IMG]

Has there been a better jersey colour than ‘baby shit yellow’??

toomuchsoup likes this.
  17. kdalymc

kdalymc Juniors

Would love to see what this jersey could have evolved to to the design was pretty shit

18. kdalymc

kdalymc Juniors

Having a garage sale tomorrow and going through my stuff I found an Alan Langer doll ... anyone have any idea on history of this and would it would be worth???

19. unforgiven

unforgiven Juniors

Are you sure it's not the real Alan Langer?

toomuchsoup likes this.
  20. Foreign Legion

Foreign Legion Bench

Hope its not a blow up

juggalo and kdalymc like this.