What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jharal Yow Yeh interview

Dazzat

First Grade
This is now about the fourth/fifth week in a row with no sign of Yow Yeh ...he's not playing for the Devils this afternoon.

Oh ... and Maranta looks at home in the Q Cup.

Russellk

Juniors
I think Yow Yeh is finished, which is truly sad.

Maranta on the other hand I hope he stays in Qcup forever.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
In light of Hodgeos injury and his career being up in the air as of this moment, we have to look forward.

I think, and it is devastating for me to admit this, that we have to start coming to terms with the fact that Jharals career is over as well. He hasn't been able to hit the park for Norths recently, he continues to carry that bad limp around, and has seemingly disappeared from view over the last 4-5 months. It is a damn shame to see such a talent be wiped off the map so early in his career, but what happened in Perth was catastrophic and no amount of medical science was going to get him back to the level he needs to be at to play first grade NRL.

So there's the bitter pill. We've lost 2 superstar outside backs in the space of 2 seasons to injury. Were it not for the promising depth that we have in their respective positions, I would be banging my head against my wall until I couldn't stand upright anymore. Just shocking, shocking stuff for Hodgeo, Jharal and our club.

Dazzat

First Grade
Sorry to hear that. When one considers we could have a backline like - Kahu, Reid, Hodges, Yow Yeh - and instead have trotted out players like Maranta ...

If Yow Yeh's career is finished, I guess we'll hear an announcement by the end of the year. Before that it's speculation. As is the speculation that Hodges' career is over.

Bretto

Bench
We don't know anything about Yow Yeh do we? It's not uncommon after coming back from a massive injury like that to have weeks/months where he may not even be able to walk properly or at all. His body is still trying to process all the scar tissue internally.

I wouldn't be writing him off just yet. I would say if it's not 95% better by 3 years after the initial trauma, then it's time to say goodbye. Until then, I'll stay optimistic.

H-Bomb

Juniors
Hasnt been playing Qcup cause he's broken his hand, nothing to do with his leg.

Actually got a photo with him and Kahu last night. Seemed pretty positive, telling people about breaking his hand carrying a fridge.

Bretto

Bench
Hasnt been playing Qcup cause he's broken his hand, nothing to do with his leg.

Actually got a photo with him and Kahu last night. Seemed pretty positive, telling people about breaking his hand carrying a fridge.

Carrying a Fridge? I bet if he was playing first grade and that happened, the coach would not be happy.

See guys, don't get worked up when you don't know any of the story. Nothing to do with his leg.

Dazzat

First Grade
If you read the story in today's Courier Mail its quite a comedy.

Big headline about "Is it all over" for Yow Yeh, then speculation that his career is over revolving around unsourced "personal admissions", and finishing off with a quote from his manager saying everything was going OK, and he's on track for a comeback.

Typical Courier Fail. Sensation and no substance.

Dazzat

First Grade
Breaking his hand may have been a blessing in disguise. More rest and more healing will always be a good thing.

Dazzat

First Grade
Yow Yeh was featured on the local news this week (Sunshine Coast) as he visited some local schools. He was quoted as saying he expects to be right for Round 1 next year!!

1. Barba
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges (eventually)
4. Reid
5. Hoffman
6 Milford
7. Hunt

Best backline in the league easily.

Bretto

Bench
I read an article in the Sunshine Coast Daily the other day and Yow Yeh was quoted as saying he's lost his step and a bit of his speed through his injury. He said he's piled on some beef to help him become more of a Manu Vatuvei type winger where he runs over the top of people.

AceAv

Juniors
Oh yeah. So it seems he'll play wing and just change his style a bit and maybe move around 2d row when needed.

Round 1 is optimistic. But can't help but to want to fast fwd to 2014^_^

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I read an article in the Sunshine Coast Daily the other day and Yow Yeh was quoted as saying he's lost his step and a bit of his speed through his injury. He said he's piled on some beef to help him become more of a Manu Vatuvei type winger where he runs over the top of people.

Oh well at least he'll still be >>>>> Maranta :D

Bulldog Force

Referee
I really hope Jharel returns to the NRL. I just watched that injury on Youtube and gosh it's ugly - still makes my stomach turn,