What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jharal Yow Yeh interview

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
JHARAL Yow Yeh has already begun his 2014 pre-season and has let fans know he is not willing to give up his quest to return to the field.
Yow Yeh has not played in the NRL since suffering a broken and dislocated ankle early in the 2012 season.

He made a return to the field in the Queensland Cup last year as his rehabilitation progresses.

But he wants anyone concerned he is not able to complete that recovery to know that this ‘stubborn’ young man is up for the fight.
“This year was a real learning curve for me,” Yow Yeh told Broncos TV.
“You can’t push injuries, especially ones like mine.
“It has taken longer than we thought but everyone has stuck with me at the club – all the coaches, all the boys and all the training staff.
“I am confident that I will be right for next year.
“It is not going to be easy but I am up for the challenge and I am pretty stubborn.
“I just think back to all the good times I had playing footy, so I am not willing to give up that easy.
“Next year will be my seventh at the club and I’m enjoying – I am a passionate fan and am passionate about wearing the jersey.
“It is not going to be easy but I am pushing myself and hopefully the fans will see me out there.”

Although pre-season training does not officially begin until this Wednesday, Yow Yeh has joined a group of youngster out of the under 20s and other players coming back from injury in some early sessions.
“I am actually looking forward to this pre-season,” he said.
“They are hard but they are something you have to do.
“My recovery does continue.”

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Jharal-Wont-Give-Up/86849

Looks like he's still carrying a bit of weight.

Kiwi

First Grade
I am so glad the Broncos have stood by him, helped him, trained him, still paid him the full amount of his contract. It's players like Yow Yeh that the club, state and league should be proud of. To battle back like he has, be on the verge of taking the field full time ( after that injury and time off so far, taking the field for the broncos mid year is on the verge all things considered ) no one could be anything but impressed. Can't wait for him to prove all the doubters wrong and show the broncos they backed the right horse ( every pun intended )

PasserBy

Juniors
Interesting post, written with a good deal of candour, good humour, aplomb and backed by impeccable research.

I'm sure you're informed opinion is enabled by your medical background. If it is, you may need to work on your bedside manner (just a suggestion mind you).

So here we are, and Jharal didn't make it back to high level sport.

A couple of points.

1. The important thing for him was to make the effort, to express his desire and not die wondering.

2. Jharal is immensely fortunate that he can enjoy the quality of life I have no doubt you take for granted.

I have experienced far worse injuries than Jharal, and for you to mock my sincerity towards him that he he is very fortunate and has much to look forward to other than playing NRL.

Well it's not just that you're weak, and a spectator, or that you have no understanding of such matters.

It's that you're an incredibly self interested person.

The fact is that it was never important that Jharal make his way back to NRL. It was important he could do normal things and support a family, and from memory he expressed similar sentiments when he did retire.

Jharal has many opportunities I do not, and I am glad he has them.

There is one final truth I will leave here for you Dazzat.

If such things happen to you, and they can happen to anyone, it is one road accident etc away. You wlil experience the full force of that horror, and you will have an immense desire to return to the normal life you took for granted.

Your bullshit here on LU will be a lifetime away.

If that were to happen, then only then you would you understand the importance of what Jharal gained through a very successful operation, and how little playing NRL matters in comparison to that.

Typically fools like you would say something along the lines of 'end yourself'. It's because you're f**king stupid, and say shit in an anonymous forum you'd never have the guts to say to someone face to face.

Nothing else needs to be said to you, you're entirely worthless and not worthy of further comment.