What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jillaroos in Footy Short or Performance Pants?

T-Boon

Coach
I think the Jillaroos are great and play excellent League...

But in my opinion the footy shorts are not a good look for women. When was the last time you saw a woman walking around in footy shorts? Never - because they have enough dress sense to know they look pretty stupid and are designed for men.

Why don't the League women play in Lorna Jane type performance pants. From my observations women enjoy wearing those. They look sporty, athletic and generally pretty classy.

I think many women might be turned off from playing by the idea of wearing footy shorts.

wibble

Bench
I don't care what they look like, I care how they play. Let them choose whatever they want to for a uniform then stick with that (which they probably did do already).

Danish

Referee
Absolutely.

Would it kill them to toss on a bit of eye liner too? A bit more effort into their hair than just a boring old ponytail as well.

Maybe we can also replace their jerseys with skimpy little tops and put heels on their boots too

T-Boon

Coach
Absolutely.

Would it kill them to toss on a bit of eye liner too? A bit more effort into their hair than just a boring old ponytail as well.

Maybe we can also replace their jerseys with skimpy little tops and put heels on their boots too

I've noticed one of the things many girls like about watching mens footy is to check out the men. It is not against the rules for these codes to appeal to the opposite sex and is a pretty good marketing tool.

T-Boon

Coach
Lingerie league

Thats too sexualised. Works a treat in terms of marketing though. I think Lorna Jane's work in both respects as woman like wearing them out, are obviously comfortable in them plus they look athletic, fashionable and good.

Anyway its just a thought to try to distinguish them from the men and the way AFL women are doing it by looking exactly like the men.

I agree, it is. Thinking about how to make the womens game as popular as possible is important. Think about how much thought the AFL has put into it.
I prefer not to think about AFL at all thank you.

As for what the women wear in Rugby Lesgue, I couldn't care less, just play the game ladies! Lots of you.

Just do it girls

T-Boon

Coach
I prefer not to think about AFL at all thank you.

As for what the women wear in Rugby Lesgue, I couldn't care less, just play the game ladies! Lots of you.

Just do it girls

True. Maybe as part of the invitation to play they can say "you don't have to wear footy shorts you can wear whatever you are comfortable exercising in".
You know how that would turn out? It would look like what the women wear at my gym. Performance pants. Because thats what they like exercising in. Not mens pants.

True. Maybe as part of the invitation to play they can say "you don't have to wear footy shorts you can wear whatever you are comfortable exercising in".
You know how that would turn out? It would look like what the women wear at my gym. Performance pants. Because thats what they like exercising in. Not mens pants.
You are the voice of women in league. Congrats

Life's Good

Coach
Thats too sexualised. Works a treat in terms of marketing though. I think Lorna Jane's work in both respects as woman like wearing them out, are obviously comfortable in them plus they look athletic, fashionable and good.

Anyway its just a thought to try to distinguish them from the men and the way AFL women are doing it by looking exactly like the men.
I see it the other way with AFaiL. The women are ok but the men need to grow a pair and muscle up instead of looking like low flying insects.