What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

Roland

Juniors
Windsor 10 Mounties 0 after 25 minutes.

Windsor have a much stronger team this week with Ryan Russell, Ash Hazelton, Mitch Smith, Daniel King and Danny Chiha back in.

Roland

Juniors
Mounties 24 Windsor 16 with 10 minutes to go.

Chan got over the line for Windsor but failed to ground it. From the restart Mostyn split them and ran away for a converted try.

Roland

Juniors
In a frenetic final 5 minutes firstly Weepu scored to close the gap to 24-22. From the following set Windsor worked it back up the field before Trindall put Barlow under the posts to make it 28-24.

From the following set Windsor worked it back up field for Trindall to put over a field goal 29-24. Mounties went for the short kick off but failed to go 10 metres. Trindall found touch and Tuara was over right on full time but held up.

Final score Windsor 29 Mounties 24.

Grand Final Sunday 28 September at Campbelltown Stadium, 3pm.

Sydney Bulls vs Windsor Wolves.

Cabra4eva

Juniors
Gents,

Over the last week or so this forum has lost its way a little which is a little dissapointing but today after church I went out to campbelltown and saw one of the most entertaining games of footy in a while.

For 80 minutes both sides provided a not bad sized crowd with attacking football and scored some top trys to boot. I thought in the end Mounties were a little hard done by with two seperate touchy decisions that maybe for them put a little bit of a sore point on the game. But both teams should be proud and both clubs equally as proud.

I would like to say windsor had a chance against the bulls but statistically, mentally and fitness will be the killer and I hate to say it but unless the refs are tough on the bulls and try and kurb there foul play I think that the Bulls will run away conviencing winners.

As for Mounties as geographical cousins I take my hat of to you in the space of two years that have aquried a faily strong coaching, training, administration and more importantly playing staff so well done. To there general manager who I know well as an advesary at a junior rugby league level well done mate you have the makings of a great rugby league club.

So god luck to Windsor and the Bulls and I hope that you can both put on the spectacle I saw today and to the Bulls play clean and play fair !!

100yearsRL

Juniors
I can see why you would say that Cabra4Ever, the forum has become all too repetitive in the last few days. No one minds some good old fashioned stoushing but when it becomes repetitive it does become boring.
The problem is the people who claim, and may well do so, to know what is going on aren't willing to name themelves, which allows for any one to put up claims and counter claims which are unable to be substiated even if they are true.
There are some who not been on here for months and suddenly pop up claiming to know what is going on at certain clubs.
Hopefully this week we can focus in on the great week of footy that will happen next week.

LimeTime

Juniors
I could never be accused of hiding behind anything ,then again I've never been accused of knowing much either .
Well said 100years....
I'm looking forward to going out to Campbelltown this weekend to see some great footy . due to work commitments I can't get to either of the NRL games so I'm looking forward to a cracker in the Jim Beam Cup

Last edited:

Ram Man

Juniors
My curse has struck again!
I tipped Cabra in week 1...Eliminated
I tipped Mounties in week 3...Eliminated

And now the big one on Sunday.
Should be a cracking game, which I will be making the rather long trip down to. (Cant understand why it is in Campbelltown but I digress)

My Tip...The Bulls!

I think they maybe just too good for Windsor on the day.
Should be a cracking game to finish off a great year in the JBC which saw 2 new teams in the finals in just their second year in the competition.

LimeTime

Juniors
my record is Identical to yours Ram Man ,...and you guessed it I'm tipping the Bulls this weekend,for me ,I'm glad its at Campbelltown ,just a short train trip ,very user friendly

mastermind

Juniors
My curse has struck again!
I tipped Cabra in week 1...Eliminated
I tipped Mounties in week 3...Eliminated

And now the big one on Sunday.
Should be a cracking game, which I will be making the rather long trip down to. (Cant understand why it is in Campbelltown but I digress)

My Tip...The Bulls!

I think they maybe just too good for Windsor on the day.
Should be a cracking game to finish off a great year in the JBC which saw 2 new teams in the finals in just their second year in the competition.

Ram Man

Please tip Windsor on the weekend.

No matter what the result on the weekend please have a drink with us. Just ask for 'mastermind' in our change room.

Ram Man

Juniors
Ram Man

Please tip Windsor on the weekend.

No matter what the result on the weekend please have a drink with us. Just ask for 'mastermind' in our change room.

Sorry mastermind, cant see Windsor beating you so I cant tip them...by the way I'm not tipping you so you lose, I really am not too plused on who wins to be honest, both tough sides and I am not willing to play favourites....

My plans to attend have been quashed by the missus unfortunately so I wont be able to make it.
All the best though, and knowing a few of the boys I know you will be celebrating the season win lose or draw.

I also think it will be hard to find anyone not tipping you guys since you put 60 past the wolves at the last outing!

Erina7Eagle

Finaly Im home just three more weeks of community service and Im done :crazy:....gents never said I would say it but drove down John Street and felt a tingle.. Just 120 sleeps until I get to see cabra run around again at New Era.:lol:

Wheresthemoneygoneboys? I think your being a bit harsh to Terrytheparragod he has been a failry huge fan of us from memory just a little ill informed at times but mate he is cabra and like me I hope we just get it all on track to finally win one.

I know one thing that stacker bloke goes alright and I think he might just be the man to do it at this level I think we need his experience. With new sides coming in I think it will be even tougher. To be honest I think we need to take a look at our cattle before we move on another coach. That winno bloke from bulls has been around for a while and good solid player and jolly is a local junior so lets get em we need the experience.

It hurts me to say it but I think we also need another centre surely the bloke who scored all the points for the bulls or the centre at the bulls from windsor last year butler that should be our focus and the rest locals thats our key to success and prayer.

And the big one that hurst me even more Yates gents maybe its time to say goodbye it hurts me but the point system thingy it cruels us and his worth the most in the whole comp :(

Anyway I think a couple of you blokes need to find god. I m not goin tommorow but may god be with youse all.:D

Roland

Juniors
While Windsor have been totally focussed on getting revenge in tommorow's Grand Final for their 50 point loss to the Bulls 2 weeks ago, the Shellharbour Marlins, after their successful season this year, have been trying to tie up a deal to enter the State Cup in 2009 as the exclusive feeder club to St George Illawarra. An announcement is expected within a week.

As a first step the Marlins have relocated their feeder teams, Shellharbour Sharks, from Group 7 to the Illawarra Calton League.

100yearsRL

Juniors
Has any one got any news on teams for 2009. Are the bulls and marlins moving into NSW Cup . Just read that WA Reds are looking to join NSW Cup in 2010. Hopefully people out with all your wisdom will be able to enlighten us for next season.

Roland

Juniors
Erina advised the NSWRL on Wednesday that they would not be playing next year. There is speculation that Erina coach, Mark Horo and Simon Woolford will be challenging David Walsh for the coaching job at the Marlins if they achieve a start in the State Cup.

Congratulations to the Windsor Wolves on winning this years comp.
I said two weeks ago that the best team would win and the minor premiers proved that today.
Bad luck to the Bulls.
It just goes to prove that the clubs with strong juniors will almost always prevail.
Roll on next season.

metroman

Juniors
A strong junior structure does influence the make up of some clubs in this competition but Windsor's 40 junior teams had minimal impact on their premiership. The superb match day program indicates that but for a late substitution of Croft for Smith, Ben Stewart would have been the only Windsor junior in the 17.

As you might expect with players attracted to Sydney seeking a professional career, Windsor has plenty of players from Queensland, Country NSW, NZ, several other Penrith clubs and other Sydney districts.

Stewart played very well but I would say that the first tackle of the game, after which play was held up for 10 minutes, was the most influential factor in the result. It can only be hoped that the wonders of modern medicine can restore Charlie Farah's face but I suspect he will have no memory of his final moments in the sport.

The Bulls managed to score 2 tries in the first few minutes after half time to reduce the deficit to 22-16 but too many penalties and missed tackles meant there would be no reversal.

Ram Man

Juniors
A strong junior structure does influence the make up of some clubs in this competition but Windsor's 40 junior teams had minimal impact on their premiership. The superb match day program indicates that but for a late substitution of Croft for Smith, Ben Stewart would have been the only Windsor junior in the 17.

As you might expect with players attracted to Sydney seeking a professional career, Windsor has plenty of players from Queensland, Country NSW, NZ, several other Penrith clubs and other Sydney districts.

Stewart played very well but I would say that the first tackle of the game, after which play was held up for 10 minutes, was the most influential factor in the result. It can only be hoped that the wonders of modern medicine can restore Charlie Farah's face but I suspect he will have no memory of his final moments in the sport.

The Bulls managed to score 2 tries in the first few minutes after half time to reduce the deficit to 22-16 but too many penalties and missed tackles meant there would be no reversal.

Wow...what the f**k happened to big Charlie?

Can someone do some sort of game report because as usual, the NSWRL website has no information what-so-ever.

Erina7Eagle

Firstly congrats to windsor..Can somebody pls post match report ? Newsouth Wales Rugby League site will be updated next yr. Now to my club Erina . Its a sad day we have now taken 10 steps backwards . What clubs need to do is employ full time staff to ensure the funding is there to compete at the highest level possible. The players put in a great effort on the field this year but it wasn't matched by our club officials. Cabra and Sydney Bulls feud get over it men. 2 great clubs that need to continue to lead the way. Cabra4ever give yourself a uppercut let your club captain and captain of Jim Beam Cup rep team go. I think you need more like him.To the Erina officials you have sent us into the abysssssssssssss..

Latest posts