What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JLT Sheffield Shield 2017/18

RockWheel

Bench
March 14th 2018 - NSW v the dirty canetoads (last game before the final)

Played at the greatest suburban cricket ground on the planet

The great, North Dalton Park Wollongong :sunglasses:
saw cowan score a century there back in february.

speaking of, cowan's been left out of the blues team in favour of maddinson. the f**k.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
saw cowan score a century there back in february.

speaking of, cowan's been left out of the blues team in favour of maddinson. the f**k.
Cowan is 35, Hughes, Patterson and Dogga are the future. He’s unlucky but they made the right call.

Bazal

Post Whore
Also he hasn't been left out for Maddinson. He's been left out because Smith and Warner are playing. Someone had to miss put and Cowan is 35

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Maybe but it just seems strange dropping the highest run scorer from last years season
Who would you leave out for Cowan then???

All 3 I named are 10 plus year players for NSW. Leave them out and they get the shits and piss off to another state.

Bazal

Post Whore
Who would you leave out for Cowan then???

All 3 I named are 10 plus year players for NSW. Leave them out and they get the shits and piss off to another state.

Plus Hughes and Maddo are basically our two best bats on form from the one day cup. Both in the top five run scorers for the competition. Cowan scored 150 odd runs

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i don't think maddinson is a better opener than cowan.
Maybe not, but as I said leave blokes like him out they go somewhere else while Cowan has what 1 Maybe two more years in him at best???

He knew when he returned from Tassie how tough a side it is to crack at full strength.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
right call for mine, Hughes, Maddinson and Patterson will only get better, Cowan wont

Bazal

Post Whore
right call for mine, Hughes, Maddinson and Patterson will only get better, Cowan wont

Hughes scored an unbeaten double hundred in grade cricket on the weekend. No way in hell Cowan deserves a go over him.

Storm in a teacup, a 35 year old has been omitted for the Australian test opener. Colour me appalled...lol

Iafeta

Referee
They're driving the staples of good old fashioned dinky dy hard nosed Australian cricketers into the ground. First Robbie Quiney, now Ed, who's next Al Doolan? Has Jimmy Hopes been snuffed out yet? I'm sure Ed will find his way back and in typical fashion slam a ton

Bazal

Post Whore
They're driving the staples of good old fashioned dinky dy hard nosed Australian cricketers into the ground. First Robbie Quiney, now Ed, who's next Al Doolan? Has Jimmy Hopes been snuffed out yet? I'm sure Ed will find his way back and in typical fashion slam a ton

Didn't Jimmy Hopes pass on in 1987?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hughes scored an unbeaten double hundred in grade cricket on the weekend. No way in hell Cowan deserves a go over him.

Storm in a teacup, a 35 year old has been omitted for the Australian test opener. Colour me appalled...lol

I watched the extended highlights of Maddinson's big innings in JLT, not as good as watching the whole innings but something to go off.

Anything on his hips of legs was gone to the fence, he has always been strong on the on side where he doesn't need any footwork, which is why he is poor outside off. Extended highlights wont show him playing and missing outside off, about 5th stump and thats where I believe he has a weakness that could be exposed at international level because thats where a lot of balls get bowled.

Be interesting to see how he goes in the 4 day game and if he can bat for long periods of time. Hopefully he has been working on this.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lol Nic Maddinson

His stint at Test level last year made Adam Lyth look like Graeme Pollock!

I hope you're dumb enough to pick him again.

I'll need something to laugh at this summer in between watching England get sodomised.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Boland and Tremain 4 wickets each v QLD all out 166 (Khawaja 40, Renshaw 17)

Peter Siddle terrible game so far, 0 wickets and out for 3 as nightwatchman

Vic 3/43. Maxwell and Handcomb the not out batsman

Finch batting at 6

Incorrect

Coach
There's a Fox Sports article this morning saying Renshaw is under pressure to retain his Test spot and that Nic Maddinson will be watched closely when opening with Warner for NSW as a potential replacement as he is seen as someone who can "up the tempo".... Is this really a thing? I mean Really? Has anyone else heard this agenda being pushed? I am assuming the article is one big piss take or the author was high when he submitted it....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
There's a Fox Sports article this morning saying Renshaw is under pressure to retain his Test spot and that Nic Maddinson will be watched closely when opening with Warner for NSW as a potential replacement as he is seen as someone who can "up the tempo".... Is this really a thing? I mean Really? Has anyone else heard this agenda being pushed? I am assuming the article is one big piss take or the author was high when he submitted it....
Absolute stupidity plus, so with our selectors it will probably happen.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Khawaja falls to spin yet again...he wonders why he doesn't play in the sub continent lol