What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JLT Sheffield Shield 2017/18

Iafeta

Referee
I thought he was treated harshly. I think his domestic experience would be handy at 6 binding the lower order together. Then you could have Nevill because you should expect runs from Ferguson.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Feel for Renshaw. QLD 2 from 2 and he hasn't done much to contribute to those wins

I think there is one more Shield match, hope they pick the ashes side AFTER these Shield games. and he has a good crack at getting into some form

Got a feeling they will go with one of the Marshs at 6, Wouldn't surprise me at all if SMarsh replaces Renshaw as opener

Matt23

Staff member
Feel for Renshaw. QLD 2 from 2 and he hasn't done much to contribute to those wins

I think there is one more Shield match, hope they pick the ashes side AFTER these Shield games. and he has a good crack at getting into some form

Got a feeling they will go with one of the Marshs at 6, Wouldn't surprise me at all if SMarsh replaces Renshaw as opener
I hope they give Renshaw a chance, how many chances has Darsh had...Renshaw’s the future, Darsh not so much

TheParraboy

Staff member
I hope they give Renshaw a chance, how many chances has Darsh had...Renshaw’s the future, Darsh not so much

agree Renshaw is the future, but he does need a score in his next Shield game, averaging around 16 in his last 8 FC innings (2 tests and 2 Shield games)

the first 2 tests Brisbane and Adelaide will be the hardest decks to bat on you would imagine. If the kid is out of form he could struggle then get sacked

Anyway my top 6 for the 1st test would be

Renshaw
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Handscomb
Maxwell (get him bowling a bit as well if needed)

Incorrect

Coach
he has done better than anyone else

Bancroft carried his bat in WA's first innings I think and he's closing in on another half century in their 2nd dig.... We all know the Aussie selector's love a flavour of the month pick.... he'll probably get the nod for the GABBA..... actually, maybe the selector's will kill 2 birds with one stone and select Bancroft as keeper and to open and punt Wade and Renshaw and we'll just play with 10!

2 weeks

Coach
Just going off cricinfo updates, but The Big Show is giving Zampa some tap.
If he tons up he'll be 6 at the Gabba I reckon.

2 weeks

Coach
Starc finished off the game with a hat trick.
So one in both innings, wonder if that's been done in a first class game before.