What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JLT Sheffield Shield 2017/18

GongPanther

Referee
Starc finished off the game with a hat trick.
So one in both innings, wonder if that's been done in a first class game before.
Channel 7 reported that it has never been done in a 1st class cricket match...in this country.

By tomorrow,the record books will have been scoured to note any other instances by the news articles.

But to get two hat-tricks in one match? It will be many years before that happens again.

GongPanther

Referee
Mitchell Starc has created history in sensational fashion at Hurstville Oval after becoming the first bowler to take two hat-tricks in the one Sheffield Shield match.

In what is thought to be his final match ahead of Australia's Magellan Ashes campaign, Starc sealed a 171-run victory for NSW when he completed his second hat-trick of NSW’s JLT Sheffield Shield match against Western Australia on Tuesday.

Having removed Jason Behrendorff, David Moody and Simon Mackin in the Warriors' first innings to complete his first career hat-trick, the left-armer eyed the unfathomable on Tuesday when he removed Behrendorff and Moody again off the final two deliveries of his 15th over.

WA No.6 Jono Wells then edged to Australia and NSW captain Steve Smith at first slip to send the Blues into rapturous celebrations and end the match.

No bowler has ever previously taken two hat-tricks in one Sheffield Shield match before, while it's only been done on seven previous occasions in first-class cricket.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/mitc...-blues-wa-warriors-hurstville-oval/2017-11-07

Eelectrica

Referee
Going out on a limb here, and I may well be wrong, but I think, I think Starc will be in the team.
Second player picked behind the wonder that is Wade.

Incredible turn around though from 0-179 to done and dusted for 223.
Never too early to start learning how to have a good ole' aussie batting collapse.

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
Sadly Renshaw might be watching this series at home. Another failure.
Hope he can figure out what's gone wrong and adjust accordingly.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Paine made a duck.

I think it would be silly to pick Renshaw when he is in this kind of form.

Bazal

Post Whore
Looks like we’ll be stuck with Darsh opening...yay[/sarcasm]

Bancroft might be a shot. But yeah, Renshaw needs confidence. He's pushing at the ball trying to get into the runs but he's just getting out. In form he was letting them go, out of form and under pressure he's feeling like he needs to do more and edging it in the process

Eelectrica

Referee
Bancroft for Renshaw. Bancroft has put some good innings together lately.
He was the heir apparent at one stage.
Renshaw can go back work on his game with the pressure off and hopefully better for it.

Timbo

Staff member
Bancroft may have snared the openers gig. Cartwright is on 34*, another 16 and I reckon he'll hold the #6.

I can't fathom them picking Wade. But hey, it's all about who cracks the best jokes for Smiffy in the cordon.

Bazal

Post Whore
Look out, Mitch Marsh currently 54 off 50 balls....levering his way back into the number 6???