What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jnr kiwis

shasha

Juniors
I am guessing Konrad Hurrell withdrew due to injury?
And no Ben Henry is a big surprise!

Meads is definitely unlucky, Tuimavave was a guarantee even with his injuries this year and Parker-Walshe has had a great season

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Seriously do they need a selectors, thats an average team.
Well its not average its just seems lazy.

But hey at least they are kiwis. must of been to busy to sign up australians.

Hurrell, Meads suffering from injury.
Meads isnt that good.
I would have rested Tuimavave and Mcgahan.

Ben Henry probably injured also ... or perhaps wants to focus on getting bigger for FG.

I dont rate big Sam Lousi either.

How does George Maka get put on standby
He couldnt even crack the Under 20s squad (even though he was signed) and was just introduced for the past few weeks.

There a better under 20s players playing in the local comps / NZRL National Competition.
I believe NZRL should have picked a player from the local competition.
Peta Hiku - Counties-Manukau, 18 got picked at fullback of the year in the Fox Memorial Comp and will possibly be named in the NZRL Residents team in a few weeks.

Who is the bench hooker???
There is now way Havili can play 80 in a rep game??
He is too big.

Who are the players who missed out???
Josh Aliomai
Uiti Baker
Slade Griffin
Matt Mcwillrick
Michael Chee Kam

Inglis#3

Juniors
Good too see Harris and Bromwich get named, thought Griffen would have got selected too though, he is a huge talent and was one of our keys to making it into the Semi Finals in 2011. Strong team and I can see us beating Australia quite easily as long as they hold the ball for long enough.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Seriously do they need a selectors, thats an average team.
Well its not average its just seems lazy.

But hey at least they are kiwis. must of been to busy to sign up australians.

Hurrell, Meads suffering from injury.
Meads isnt that good.
I would have rested Tuimavave and Mcgahan.

Ben Henry probably injured also ... or perhaps wants to focus on getting bigger for FG.

I dont rate big Sam Lousi either.

How does George Maka get put on standby
He couldnt even crack the Under 20s squad (even though he was signed) and was just introduced for the past few weeks.

There a better under 20s players playing in the local comps / NZRL National Competition.
I believe NZRL should have picked a player from the local competition.
Peta Hiku - Counties-Manukau, 18 got picked at fullback of the year in the Fox Memorial Comp and will possibly be named in the NZRL Residents team in a few weeks.

Who is the bench hooker???
There is now way Havili can play 80 in a rep game??
He is too big.

Who are the players who missed out???
Josh Aliomai
Uiti Baker
Slade Griffin
Matt Mcwillrick
Michael Chee Kam

Hiku is a gun, really put some spark back into the Rewa backline this year. I would have him over George Maka anyday of the week.

Another young solid guy from the Counties squad and who also played Fox Memorial footy this year is 18 year old Sione Feao, tall rangy second rower, good foot work at the line, nice little off-load and plays 80mins. It's a shame some of these boys can't get a look in.

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
2011 JUNIOR KIWIS
Kenneath Bromwich - Melbourne Storm
Sosaia Feki - Warriors
Tohu Harris - Melbourne Storm
Siliva Havili - Warriors
Adam Henry - Warriors
Sebastine Ikahihifo - Warriors
Samiuela Lousi - Warriors
Ben Murdoch-Masila - Wests Tigers
Agnatius Paasi - Warriors
John Palavi - Warriors
Josh Papalii - Canberra Raiders
Michael Parker-Walshe - North Queensland Cowboys
Andrew Pelasio - Penrith Panthers
Omar Slaimankhel - Warriors
Sio Siua Taukeiaho - Warriors
Jason Taumalolo - North Queensland Cowboys
Carlos Tuimavave - Warriors
Wayne Ulugia - North Queensland Cowboys

Players on standby:
Jordan Meads - Warriors
George Maka - Warriors
John Koko - North Queensland Cowboys

imo, this squad is not as strong as last year's and i think the aussies are stronger, 7 or 8 with nrl experience. australia by 10.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Hiku is a gun, really put some spark back into the Rewa backline this year. I would have him over George Maka anyday of the week.

Another young solid guy from the Counties squad and who also played Fox Memorial footy this year is 18 year old Sione Feao, tall rangy second rower, good foot work at the line, nice little off-load and plays 80mins. It's a shame some of these boys can't get a look in.

Sione Feao is in the New Zealand 18s Residents .. . who beat Aussie Schoolboys last weekend . They play again on Saturday.
He will play NYC for the Warriors next year.

The Fox (club comp) and NZRL National Comp (end of year rep comp) are perfect development tools for future nyc stars.
They dont need to go to Aussie until they are 17,18 or 19.
If Aussie teams want to bolster their teams all they need to do is come watch national comp or even better the fox and see what youngsters are putting their hand up.

Yeap, there are some talented players from Counties Premiers - playing with men that should be in NYC next year for somebody.

Trent Bishop , 18 - is a solid lock / running hooker who a extremely strong runner. Similar to seluinin in that he comes of the bench and runs hard from dummy half. Probably one of the only players in 18s not signed to Warriors.
Very stocky player.

Jethro friend, 18 - hooker - he is playing for Counties-Manukau Premiers in the NZRL National Comp and was one of their best from the two games I have seen and so might make the NZ Residents team. I heard he was supposed to go the Storm mid-season.
He should of been hooker over Eko Malu for Warriors (Eko is a halfback).

Does anybody know if Griffin is injured???
Surely he would walk in as starting hooker with Havili off the bench.

Noa

First Grade
He must be because Kris Freeman has been called into the squad and Slade can cover all the positions he does.

Didgi

Residency blip keeps Hurrell out

One of rugby league's hottest prospects missed Junior Kiwis selection through his lack of New Zealand residency but selectors maintain Konrad Hurrell's future "definitely" lies in the black jumper.

Hurrell, 19, was a sensation in the Toyota Cup this season, scoring 22 tries in 21 games as the Junior Warriors claimed their second straight National Youth Competition title over the Cowboys in Sydney last Sunday.

Yet the Tongan-born centre didn't make the Junior Kiwis for their one-off international against the Junior Kangaroos in Newcastle next Sunday because he lacks New Zealand residency, having moved to Auckland from Nuku'alofa less than two years ago on a scholarship at Auckland Grammar.

Junior Kiwis selector Richie Barnett said NZ Rugby League "tried everything" to have Hurrell, who was named in the Toyota Cup Team of the Year this season, in a black jersey in Australia next week.

But he said the youngster is "very much"part of the selectors plans and eager to pledge his international allegiance to New Zealand.

Hurrell isn't the only Toyota Cup star to miss out, with Storm under-20s centre Mahe Fonua injured and Junior Warriors skipper Ben Henry unavailable as he is getting married.

Second rower Josh Papali was also "definitely in the frame" for selection mid-season, says Barnett, but his 14 first-grade games for the Raiders this year means he is ineligible for the Juniors.

There are 10 Young Warriors in the squad, including competition top try scorer Omar Slaimankhel. Only four players remain from the two-match series against the Junior Kangaroos last year.

Toyota Cup Player of the Year Jason Taumalolo, who made his NRL debut for the Cowboys this season, returns, as do Junior Warriors Carlos Tuimavave, Sebastine Ikahihifo and Sam Lousi.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/sport/rugby-league/5754502/Residency-blip-keeps-Hurrell-out

Didgi

JUNIOR KIWIS

1 OMAR SLAIMANKHEL (NZ Warriors)
2 WAYNE ULUGIA (North Queensland)
3 SOSAIA FEKI (NZ Warriors)
4 ADAM HENRY (NZ Warriors)
5 ANDREW PELASIO (Penrith)
6 CARLOS TUIMAVAVE (c) (NZ Warriors)
7 MICHAEL PARKER-WALSHE (North Queensland)
8 JOSH PAPALII (Canberra)
9 SILIVA HAVILI (NZ Warriors)
10 BEN MURDOCH-MASILA (Wests Tigers)
11 TOHU HARRIS (Melbourne)
12 JASON TAUMALOLO (North Queensland)
13 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
(Vodafone Junior Warriors)

Interchange:
14 SIO SIUA TAUKEIAHO (NZ Warriors)
15 SAMIUELA LOUSI (NZ Warriors)
16 JOHN PALAVI (NZ Warriors)
17 KENNEATH BROMWICH (Melbourne)

18 AGNATIUS PAASI (NZ Warriors)

Preview: http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=41519

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
So who actually saw the game? there's absolutely no feedback anywhere about it. Who stood out? got a blow-by-blow account re the score but nothing so far on individual play etc. looking forward to a breakdown...