What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jnr Paulo returning.

oldmancraigy

Coach
He could have a point though...

$650k/ year for a proven top line prop? Seems pretty fair to me, especially when you consider our halves aren't on massive money (for genuine FG halves).

Mind you, we're last by the length of the straight at the moment, so maybe what we currently pay is overs everywhere...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Have we paid overs? He went to the raiders with less then 60 games on similar amount when the cap was less.

I reckon BA is managing the cap pretty bloody good!!

We have a few juniors which may be close next year to being starters (salmon / stone / DA / NK / reed) which may give us some flexibility in our cap.

Updated - Paulo has played 53 games for us.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
$650k/ year for a proven top line prop? Seems pretty fair to me, especially when you consider our halves aren't on massive money (for genuine FG halves).

Mind you, we're last by the length of the straight at the moment, so maybe what we currently pay is overs everywhere...
$700k

strider

Post Whore
We have missed out on many players by the sounds of it. 700k is probably more than he is worth but if he goes well then he is probably worth it.

Wish he was coming this year

Gronk

Staff member
From what I can see it's about the same as what the Cows paid for Jordan Mclean.

hindy111

Post Whore
We have missed out on many players by the sounds of it. 700k is probably more than he is worth but if he goes well then he is probably worth it.

Wish he was coming this year

We have not paid over as he is something we need a prop bad.
If the dogs paid 700k for him it would be overs as they have superior forwards.

Just like we can get away with a cheaper player in another area. Without Jnr then the rest of our squad has not much chance which makes them all look like they are on overs.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
From what I can see it's about the same as what the Cows paid for Jordan Mclean.

Isn't Woods supposed to be on $1 mill? I don't think $700k or a bit less is that much overs given he can play 50-60 minutes at his current weight.

If we get him back down to his 2014 weight he'll be talked about for Origin once again.

Noise

Coach

hindy111

Post Whore
700k is almost maxing out for a prop id say. But Vaughn,Packer where reported to be on over 600k.
Klemmer would be around the 700k and guys like Tamou wouldnt be far off.And same goes for Fifita. I reckon RCG next contract would be close or abover 600k.

Woods would be perhaps 800k.

Jnr has as much potential as all of these guys. Id say comes with a bit more risk though but not to much. On his day he can be devastating.

Gronk

Staff member
700k is almost maxing out for a prop id say. But Vaughn,Packer where reported to be on over 600k.
Klemmer would be around the 700k and guys like Tamou wouldnt be far off.And same goes for Fifita. I reckon RCG next contract would be close or abover 600k.

Woods would be perhaps 800k.

Jnr has as much potential as all of these guys. Id say comes with a bit more risk though but not to much. On his day he can be devastating.

IIRC Junior has pretty good hands for a unit too.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maybe I don’t rate him as high as others...

Fair call.

I think Paulo is precisely what we need- we have some great workers, and we have a guy in Evans with great speed and line-breaking ability, but lack punch, and pure brute strength.

I think Junior Paulo offers us what we are missing in attack.

He is not a great defender, though.