What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Job Hunting

Incorrect

Coach
Sometimes, I've actually answered a question by admitting flat out that I don't know. I actually got that job and the employer told me that they really liked the fact that someone was honest enough to admit that instead of fibbing. It's a real fine line.
I remember one interview I went for where I completely bombed on some of the technical questions the panel asked me. I walked out of there so downbeat. I ended up getting the job. Perhaps I had the advantage of having done a couple of days per week there prior as part of a managed service contract with the place I was working for at the time - maybe they saw the way I worked and liked the way I fit in with the team, I dunno. I ended up working there for years and became really good mates with the Tech Lead who was asking the techncial questions in the interview, but I never asked him why they went with me - I didn't want to bring it up as I was still embarrassed!

I think @sensesmaybenumbed hits on the point that there will likely never be someone who is an absolute perfect fit for a role - but life is a learning experience in every way and that's the message you need to convey to the interviewer - that you're eager to learn and ovecome your shortcomings.

Latest posts