What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Thompson Announcement

FlameThrower

Bench
I loved this bloke playing for us and just wonder if he wishes he had never left for what would appear to be an absolute rabble at Manly. We have one spot remaining, love to see him return. Wishful thinking I know.
These Clubs with seriously stuffed up Salary Caps - yet still sign on players surely need to be made an example of? They were also chasing Mitchell Pearce. What a right royal mess...

TruSaint

Referee
I was sad in seeing him leave, but I would focus on keeping LAM moreso than a hopeful return of Joel.

Without doubt, LAM has been the most impactful Bench forward for some years now. Goes unnoticed by many, but I think his loss may be greater than Thommo.

We lose nothing when he comes on.

Hope he stays, although by all accounts, he is gone. Will be missed IMHO.

Gareth67

First Grade
I was sad in seeing him leave, but I would focus on keeping LAM moreso than a hopeful return of Joel.

Without doubt, LAM has been the most impactful Bench forward for some years now. Goes unnoticed by many, but I think his loss may be greater than Thommo.

We lose nothing when he comes on.

Hope he stays, although by all accounts, he is gone. Will be missed IMHO.

Yes I had similar thoughts myself TruSaint , but as Frank Facer has said Simms has taken over the role quite admirable , indeed he has risen to the next step which is great for the Dragons .

TruSaint

Referee
Yes I had similar thoughts myself TruSaint , but as Frank Facer has said Simms has taken over the role quite admirable , indeed he has risen to the next step which is great for the Dragons .

Happy with Sims matey... Very.
But today is a 17 man game, and LAM is pivotal in our rotation.
Thats my point.

But yes, Tariq has been great this year.
100% agree on that.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Extend LAM and also promote Kerr in place of Latimore. With Graham in the squad, Kerr will come on strong. A 2019 prop rotation with:

Vaughan
Grahaam
LAM
Kerr

Would do me fine. And now is the time to put that rotation together.

Possm mate, Kerr hasn't been setting the world on fire in ISP. Yes he's a big unit but stops at the line, he hasn't learnt to push through it yet. He's a fair way off 1st grade atm.
Lawrie has been playing pretty well raking up good numbers each week, I would assume he is the next cab tbh.

Possm mate, Kerr hasn't been setting the world on fire in ISP. Yes he's a big unit but stops at the line, he hasn't learnt to push through it yet. He's a fair way off 1st grade atm.
Lawrie has been playing pretty well raking up good numbers each week, I would assume he is the next cab tbh.

Stops at the line? Have you seen Laitmore play?

Gareth67

First Grade
Happy with Sims matey... Very.
But today is a 17 man game, and LAM is pivotal in our rotation.
Thats my point.

But yes, Tariq has been great this year.
100% agree on that.

I misread your post bud , have had another look and now understand what you were saying and agree with you 100% . Cheers .

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
These Clubs with seriously stuffed up Salary Caps - yet still sign on players surely need to be made an example of? They were also chasing Mitchell Pearce. What a right royal mess...

Speaking of bloody Manly, can someone please explain the rationale behind the NRL's decision to allow it to play for competition points this year?

Their illegal behaviour regarding salary cap infringements directly affected the make up of last year's semi finalists.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Extend LAM and also promote Kerr in place of Latimore. With Graham in the squad, Kerr will come on strong. A 2019 prop rotation with:

Vaughan
Grahaam
LAM
Kerr

Would do me fine. And now is the time to put that rotation together.

Does anyone know how long Kerr is under contract with SGI?

FlameThrower

Bench
Speaking of bloody Manly, can someone please explain the rationale behind the NRL's decision to allow it to play for competition points this year?

Their illegal behaviour regarding salary cap infringements directly affected the make up of last year's semi finalists.
A stack of teams were ripped off thanks to Storm salary cap rorting - Including Manly and Parra... what goes comes around as they say...both of those teams now in all sorts of drama’s on and off the field. But agree they should have been pinged and copped minus points this season.

possm

Coach
Does anyone know how long Kerr is under contract with SGI?
To me he is the best of our young props. All we need is for Graham to take him under his wing and for Vaughan and LAM impress the importance of bending the line and using leg drive for post contact metres.

mobels

Juniors
To me he is the best of our young props. All we need is for Graham to take him under his wing and for Vaughan and LAM impress the importance of bending the line and using leg drive for post contact metres.
He makes the least metres per week out of our NSW cup props and post contact metres.

He's still a long way from being ready for first grade.

Latest posts