What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOEL THOMPSON TO MANLY?

SBD82

Coach
I love thommo and I don't want thommo to leave any more than the next dragons fan.

But if you blokes have ever Found yourself complaining that we don't bring through juniors, and then start complaining about this, you might have to take a look at yourself and see if you just like complaining.

The most obvious junior that we have ready to make the step up to first grade is host, whose best position is left edge forward. He won't get a crack at that position unless thommo leaves.

Old Timer

Coach
I love thommo and I don't want thommo to leave any more than the next dragons fan.

But if you blokes have ever Found yourself complaining that we don't bring through juniors, and then start complaining about this, you might have to take a look at yourself and see if you just like complaining.

The most obvious junior that we have ready to make the step up to first grade is host, whose best position is left edge forward. He won't get a crack at that position unless thommo leaves.
I like Thommo but have thought for some time he should be better than what he is especially considering he plays full minutes.
I agree re Host on the proviso he is picked week in week out and given the position full time.
This will allow Leilua to come onto the bench and you would have a young gun in rotation with another young gun rather than both on the paddock at the one time (which might be all that bad actually)
However if Latimore finds his way into the side with Sims going to the front row rotation then we have been well and truly f**ked over and taken for idiots yet again.
The ridiculous thing is that if the deal with Thommo is brokered why didn't we upgrade for a very good prop instead of Latimore because we should have had enough $$$$ to do that?

dragonssamy61

First Grade

SBD82
I understand what you are saying re tommo but I have a felling it for a new player not for a junior

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Strange that deal between the clubs & Thompson isnt aware of it, unless his manager has gone out looking for more money found out Manly are keen and has approached the Dragons for a release.....

ALSGI

Bench
Yep interesting, postal vote is required here.

I’ll head butt the first person that disagrees. Just a shirt front those that agree. Hand shake for the undecided.

Hope Thomo makes the best decision for himself. He’s a good player, been a solid honest dragon so good luck mate. Won’t mind either way as long as he plays shit if he plays against us.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Thompson only has 2018 left. Our back up forwards are raw so we should retain him for next year. Our recruitment is pathetic and I doubt that 2018 will be any better than 2017 given that our three quarter line is innocuous.
Dufty and Host are our only youngsters
up to NRL standard and other juniors are two years off NRL standard.

Red V for life

Juniors
I've literally cracked my first beer, logged in and read this and every mouthful now tastes like nails. Thought that sensation was done for the year a couple of weeks ago :disappointed_relieved:

Will be gutted if he leaves. Can only hope we have an ace up the sleeve if true.

blacksafake

First Grade
Thommo on twitter is saying he's not 100% sure if he's staying or being offloaded. Says he's been out of town & will let his followers know when he knows. Was asked if he wanted to stay, answered 100% of course but said things aren't always so easy.
WTF. If he goes that'll do me. :rage:

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Thompson only has 2018 left. Our back up forwards are raw so we should retain him for next year. Our recruitment is pathetic and I doubt that 2018 will be any better than 2017 given that our three quarter line is innocuous.
our recruitment is pathetic? resigned majority of our players and sign a world class halfback and have top notch foward. give yourself an uppercut wanker

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
We're not over the cap, why are we even considering selling?

I can only think it's because they are trying to free up some coin to pay Hasler!
.... and or pay McIdiot out...... but Thompson????

Boy you do like to over dramatize things.
our recruitment is pathetic? resigned majority of our players and sign a world class halfback and have top notch foward. give yourself an uppercut wanker
Hey hey they didn't sign Cronk, Slater, Thurston and Smith.

qld redvee

Juniors
seems like the new trend in nrl - approach a player with 1 year to go to a multi year good money deal "as it could be the last contract . blake green in a similar position with warriors and adam blair just did the same thing , scary thing is we havent got anyone with thommos mongrel waiting to take his place and at 400 k ( if thommos on that ) where do u go and get somebody with a bit of youth on his side ,
we dont need to weaken the pack now we have hunt and graham joining us - thommo could have a field day running off hunt and widdop
fingers crossed we keep him

qld redvee

Juniors
i just posted on the other thread that this is the new trend in nrl - offer a player thats getting on a bit and who has a year to go a long term contract on good coin and its like - well we have to let him go as he may not get another offer. blake green is in same boat with warriors offering a contract but manly wont let him go until they can get a better 5/8 (moylan ? ) And Adam blair had a year to go but bennet allowed him to go for a better deal . Thommo would be devastating running off hunt/ widdop nest year and yes host should get a starting spot as he certainly can develop as he has the size . Once again what is a contarct these days ???????

Latest posts