What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey's Commentary

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Yep watching with a mate .
Joey all excited started ranting about Wade Graham
Watch this
Watch what he does

They show the replay
He takes a straight hit up of about 8 mts
Tackled
The same as you see 100 times in a game

Lol
Me & my mate just looked at each other with a WTF is he on about look on our faces

yep that was one of them

Joey reckoned he threw a dummy or something....straight hit up

there was just silence for a few seconds then they moved on and never mentioned it again

davi

Juniors
I actually think Freddie talks some good commentary, its only that because he jokes around sometimes that some people on this forum exaggerate this part of it and suggest they can't stand watching him and he offers no insight. I'm happy with Johns as well and rate him highly.

I've never felt the joking around goes too long. Probably better that their natural rather then being real scripted.

But don't get me wrong I have my limits the Thursday night footy show where its little bit of footy and bad comedy I will head to the remote and turn it off.

stryker

First Grade
such a dick. I suppose you dont drink alcohol ? Ask a doctor which of the 2 is worse. If you think ecstasy is performance enhancing you know nothing.
Yep alcohol is worse than an illegal drug that burns holes in your brain. Its not about performance enhancing, those were other drugs Johns took that were covered up.

nrlnrl

First Grade
That's why its his best moment. A simple criticism but a true one.

Hasn't got a lot else to say unfortunately.

Cronk will take his place when he retires. If Fox don't sign him first.
Cronk signed with Fox League last year.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Yep alcohol is worse than an illegal drug that burns holes in your brain. Its not about performance enhancing, those were other drugs Johns took that were covered up.
read, its the greatest gift of all , the ability to become intelligent.

nickdragons90

Juniors
I think joey johns is good. Very insightful at times during the games he calls. I like when he breaks down various plays and explains what's happening. He can get in the dribble with other commentators at times. Overall I think he is quite good.

Knightmare

Coach
First, let me say I can't cop Joey (or Freddie) when they're dribbling their schoolboy humour but when they talk seriously about footy they're right up there with the best.

I heard Joey commentating on the Cowboys game last night and he was on fire dissecting little moments from one view live that I need 5 super slo-mos with detailed explanations to see.

Watched the game again today with Kevin Walters in that role, no comparison. And before everyone piles on the Qld-bashing bandwagon, Walters is not nearly as bad as most of the NSWANKERS doing the same job, just Joey is so much better than the vast majority when he takes it seriously.

Keep it up Joey and leave the dribbling to others.

Yes, but can he identify when a team needs to dictate terms?

Fangs

Coach

It elevates the achievements of Andrew Johns IMO.

Was still comming down during most games and still won two premierships.

stryker

First Grade
Im sure Joey has some insightful things to say on RL. He was a good player. The problem is, his achievements were exagerated and he is so awkward (due to some form of brain damage from substances abuses) in front of the cameras that I just dont care what he has to say.

mozza91

Coach
Im sure Joey has some insightful things to say on RL. He was a good player. The problem is, his achievements were exagerated and he is so awkward (due to some form of brain damage from substances abuses) in front of the cameras that I just dont care what he has to say.
Yeah he pales in comparison to a charisma juggernaut like Darren Lockyer.

Vozzy

Juniors
One thing I like about Vautin is he is not afraid to tell us when a players has done a shit play or something.

I think he said on Friday. "Cracking down on play the balls bulldogs are in trouble Aaron Woods hasn't touched the ball with his foot for 4 years. "

Things like that show he watches the games with detail and when a guest was on the footy show he was not afraid to straight out go "you guys were ordinary on the weekend do you do tackling practice."

stryker

First Grade
One thing I like about Vautin is he is not afraid to tell us when a players has done a shit play or something.

I think he said on Friday. "Cracking down on play the balls bulldogs are in trouble Aaron Woods hasn't touched the ball with his foot for 4 years. "

Things like that show he watches the games with detail and when a guest was on the footy show he was not afraid to straight out go "you guys were ordinary on the weekend do you do tackling practice."
Yeah he does. I like his comments after an origin. You can see the tears welling up in the eyes of Gould and Johns as Fatty explains for the 20th time why they lost whilst favourites lol.

Incorrect

Coach
I still reckon Joey's post origin blow up after game 2 last year might have been motivated by him having thrown 10 or 20 grand on the blues to win that game. There was more to it than being a blues fan I reckon!!

Latest posts