What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Cartwright is a spastic

MacDougall

First Grade
He has Henare Wells and Anthony Don playing for Burleigh Bears who scored 6 and 3 tries respectively, the second consecutive hat-trick Don has scored since being dropped, and STILL picks Zillman at fullback. Both of these guys run rings around him not to mention James Roberts and David Mead. He is rolling out a halves combo of Brad Takairangi and Maurice Blair? I know you have injuries by that is a shocking halves combo. Bird is a better six than Takairangi and Ryley Jacks isn't a schmuck, he could handle the step up.

Your coach is the reason your team is losing matches and he has to go. If Wells and Don keep scoring tries for Burleigh they won't last long before another team offers them some dosh to play elsewhere ala the Storm snagging Koroibete from us.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Don is a good honest player, and I agree probably better than Zillman. However, there is no way he runs rings around any of Mead, Gordon, or Roberts. I've never seen Wells play, so can't comment.

By the by, who did the Beas thump heavily enough for two players to score 9 tries between them?

MacDougall

First Grade
Don is a good honest player, and I agree probably better than Zillman. However, there is no way he runs rings around any of Mead, Gordon, or Roberts. I've never seen Wells play, so can't comment.

By the by, who did the Beas thump heavily enough for two players to score 9 tries between them?

Nah you misunderstand me. I mean to say that Roberts and Mead are even better than those two and are playing in less important positions.

And yeah Sunny Coast 60-6.

ek999

First Grade
He has Henare Wells and Anthony Don playing for Burleigh Bears who scored 6 and 3 tries respectively, the second consecutive hat-trick Don has scored since being dropped, and STILL picks Zillman at fullback. Both of these guys run rings around him not to mention James Roberts and David Mead. He is rolling out a halves combo of Brad Takairangi and Maurice Blair? I know you have injuries by that is a shocking halves combo. Bird is a better six than Takairangi and Ryley Jacks isn't a schmuck, he could handle the step up.

Your coach is the reason your team is losing matches and he has to go. If Wells and Don keep scoring tries for Burleigh they won't last long before another team offers them some dosh to play elsewhere ala the Storm snagging Koroibete from us.

I am 100% confident in predicting Mortimer to play in the halves. And lol @ Sunshine Coast, hopefully the new partnership with the Dogs will turn them around

Zillman is and always has been a protected species at our club. The fact that he does not play due to injury for 2 months then step straight back into the starting side without having to play any QCup is proof of this. When Mead got shoved back out to the wing there were many disgruntled fans, but the reason for it was something along the lines of - "he needs to improve his positional play". Really? Zillman has been far worse, always caught out of position and maybe if Mead was given more time back there he could improve on it as well. One thing is for sure - we looked like a better team with Mead at the back. Also agree on Don - again many confused fans wondering wtf, why was he dropped when he'd been one of our best.

gUt

Coach
zillman isn't a BAD player but Mead is a class above and getting better

Green River Eel

Juniors
I find it very uncool and ignorant when people refer to others as a spastic as a put down, it just shows a complete lack of class, and i can promise you that if you had a kid or family member with a handicap or mental issues you wouldnt be calling others spastics as a put down, i'd go as far to say a decent and good human being wouldnt use that word as a put down, i hope you dont have kids, pull your head in champ.

ranga

Juniors
I find it very uncool and ignorant when people refer to others as a spastic as a put down, it just shows a complete lack of class, and i can promise you that if you had a kid or family member with a handicap or mental issues you wouldnt be calling others spastics as a put down, i'd go as far to say a decent and good human being wouldnt use that word as a put down, i hope you dont have kids, pull your head in champ.

To true ,have your opinion on a bloke but dont go using such an offensive word to describe any human ,do you also have a white pointed hat at home with KKK on it?

Titanic

First Grade
The title is inappropriate when used incorrectly but in this it is not.

Mead > Zillman and the coach's constant favouritism for the "Total package" proves that Zillman has inherited the photo's of Cartwright with a goat that Henderson had.

We have a back line to compete with:

1. Mead 2. Gordon 3. Tighe 4. Roberts 5. Don 6. Blair 7. Mortimer and use Takairangi from the bench.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
John Cartwrong got his reputation as a wunderkind coach when assistant coach under Ricky Stuart at the roosters.

Enough said.

Johns Magic

Referee

Agreed, but the OP has always been a total f**kwit so it's not really that unexpected.

BTW this is such an original thread...I'm glad this guy came along with this unique thought...after it's already been posted 10+ times

Last edited:
Cartwright is the foundation coach. Pretty ordinary thread. No respect. And the use of the word spastic is very very outdated and offensive.

MacDougall

First Grade
Agreed, but the OP has always been a total f**kwit so it's not really that unexpected.

BTW this is such an original thread...I'm glad this guy came along with this unique thought...after it's already been posted 10+ times

Sorry if I've offended you at some point.

MacDougall

First Grade
Lol at all the white knights having a crack about me calling a coach a spastic on a footy forum. You've ALL called people worse I guarantee it. If you are such awesome blokes that stand up for justice for the downtrodden show me your deeds you bunch of cockheads.