What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Elias

Anonymous

Juniors
He's now been accused of shooting someone in the leg.
A Canterbury junior, John Elias played for Newtown, Souths, Balmain, Wests, Easts, French Avignon, Toulouse, Pia and Brisbane Souths.

Arguably the most sacked man in Rugby League, John Elias is up against it again.

Moffo

Referee
Wasnt he involved with a lot of shady people and dealings during the 80s? Im sure i remember him being connected to Danny karem, who was one of the big players up around the cross during the 80s. Apparently Karem had a background in league as well. I do believe he is now either dead or in gaol. Perhaps some of that is still coming to the surface in 2003, there was an smh article linking the guy who was shot (Younan) to Jim Selim of all people!

Former Balmain star Elias charged over Sydney shooting
Former Sydney Rugby League player John Ellias faced court today (Tuesday) charged over a weekend shooting in the city's west.

The 42-year-old victim, Raymond Younan, was shot in the thigh with a pistol at the McDonald's car park in south Strathfield on Saturday.

Elias, 40, was arrested by police in King's Cross on Monday and has been charged with three offences over the shooting.

His lawyer told Sydney's Central Local Court that Ellias would make a bail application at his next appearance on Thursday.

Ellias played first grade football for Balmain, Wests and Easts in the 1980s and early 1990s. He now works as a labourer

And now the article that mentions younan

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/10/1052280449784.html

I dunno, sounds all a little complicated. I just recall John Elias from the articles that were in time magazine a few years ago about the issue. DIdn't he get into strife with gun possession involving Mick beattie as well?? willow?

Cheers,
Moffo

Anonymous

Juniors
Moffo said:
DIdn't he get into strife with gun possession involving Mick beattie as well?? willow?

I think you're right Moffo. It was a while ago now. Mick Beattie got off with a warning but I don't think it was a first offence for Elias... the memory is a bit scratchy as what happened in the end.

Someone else will have to fill in the gaps.

Latest posts