What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johnston New Chairman Of St George Illawarra

Walpole

Juniors
Laurie Daley as coach? I thought we were looking for a BETTER coach than we already have.

Johnston is another step in the right direction. As mentioned above, I always thought he was going to come back in for Doust after he recovered from his health problems. Hopefully there's some long standing animosity there and Johno gets rid of the clown.

rasaint

Juniors
I knew Brian and did sprint training with him with a small afternoon group at Centennial Park back in his playing days. He was genuinely very fast particularly over 40 metre dash. A strong trainer who lifted 150 kilos in the bench press.

Parents were highly regarded farmers from Dunedoo. From memory went to Scotts College and got MBA qualifications.

Never a big head, very grounded and personable. Pretty sure he got Chocolate Mundine back from Broncos.

epDragon62

First Grade
So much negativity from all you trolls against a coach and ceo who has gotten us to 3rd place. Never satisfied you bunch.
LOS - I'm delighted to see us where we are, however, do not dismiss that there are many issues for the team yet to be overcome. I am concerned that we will be picked apart by some of the better teams if they play well: Broncos, Storm and Cows particularly worry me.

I hope I'm wrong but I remain unconvinced by Mary's ability to keep us winning.

possm

Coach
Maybe Win wouldn't/couldn't deal with Lockwood & if they really want change it came to this.
I think Doust is the sticking point now Lockwood. Anyway if they get rid of Doust, hire a good coach for next year and make a deal with WIN, the Dragons can start to re-build to former greatness.

Reactions: Qdf

possm

Coach
LOS - I'm delighted to see us where we are, however, do not dismiss that there are many issues for the team yet to be overcome. I am concerned that we will be picked apart by some of the better teams if they play well: Broncos, Storm and Cows particularly worry me.

I'd say the only way to keep us winning is to announce the new coach. Mary knowing this season could be the only highlight of his coaching career on his resume, would do all he can to make this season a success.

Bench
We can only hope
Have to reply to this post. Anything with Bob Dylan gets my attention. There is hope now with Coyne and Johnnston who are legends might have something in line to bring us back to our roots as the best team in the comp

thebigredv

First Grade

Paul McGregor has done so wrong for so long that he will have to do amazing things to start convincing anyone that we are for real. We have fluked it before for a while, but when the decent teams lift their game, we are found out badly.

That's not to say it won't be different this year, but we went to asleep terribly in the last two games, and it just shouldn't be happening, not if we are a great team.

I'll counter that by saying I am pleased and grateful for the performances on the whole so far.

possm

Coach
Have to reply to this post. Anything with Bob Dylan gets my attention. There is hope now with Coyne and Johnnston who are legends might have something in line to bring us back to our roots as the best team in the comp
More than just Dragon legends, these two are qualified businessmen who don't need to be there, They are there for the right reasons; to improve the Club.

Just sit back and watch things start to move with these two involved. For a start Coyne for Doust has to be a good move, then the WIN deal will make the Club financial viable; paying off the Club's debt to the NRL and ensuring the Illawarra entity will be able to pay it's way. More than anything, the Club will have business people involved who are capable of bringing third party sponsors to the Club and overtime upgrading sponsor income, improving marketing and putting the interests of fans to the fore.

Carlton

Juniors
More than just Dragon legends, these two are qualified businessmen who don't need to be there, They are there for the right reasons; to improve the Club.

Just sit back and watch things start to move with these two involved. For a start Coyne for Doust has to be a good move, then the WIN deal will make the Club financial viable; paying off the Club's debt to the NRL and ensuring the Illawarra entity will be able to pay it's way. More than anything, the Club will have business people involved who are capable of bringing third party sponsors to the Club and overtime upgrading sponsor income, improving marketing and putting the interests of fans to the fore.

Possm, have you seen the deal with WIN? How do you know it will be good for us? Hasn't Bruce Gordon already been involved for years? Why haven't all the benefits of WIN already eventuated in that case?

Latest posts