What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JOIN THE SHARKS IN PERTH

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The world club challange was a great game. It had everything. Then you watch yawnion, that six nations crap and it becomes obvious. The spectators are on drugs.

dimitri

First Grade
Gunna Matter said:
The world club challange was a great game. It had everything. Then you watch yawnion, that six nations crap and it becomes obvious. The spectators are on drugs.

agree 100%

ali

Bench
I'd rather watch AFL than Union, but they are both towards the bottom of the heap.

I think what really pisses league fans off about Union, and not just all the discrimination our sport has copped in places like England, France and South Africa, is the far overstated standing given to International Rugby Union. Just because the game is fairly popular in a few rich countries, it is hyped up as a truelly international sport. Stuff like 4 Billion people to watch the world cup really pisses me off. In reality it was proven only 20 million people watched the world cup final, only 5 times more people than watched the NRL Grand Final. Union is about 1/100th as popular as soccer, one of only a few true world team sports.

The Union World Cup was possibly the best marketed sporting event in the history of sport. It sure got a lot of suckers. No one denies that International League hasn't got much, but as International Union is vastly overstated, International League is often unfairly criticised. The good news is we now have over 30 nations playing in some way or another, and at least 20 of them have domestic competitions. International RL is definately heading in the right direction. :D

dimitri

First Grade
ali said:
I'd rather watch AFL than Union, but they are both towards the bottom of the heap.

I think what really pisses league fans off about Union, and not just all the discrimination our sport has copped in places like England, France and South Africa, is the far overstated standing given to International Rugby Union. Just because the game is fairly popular in a few rich countries, it is hyped up as a truelly international sport. Stuff like 4 Billion people to watch the world cup really pisses me off. In reality it was proven only 20 million people watched the world cup final, only 5 times more people than watched the NRL Grand Final. Union is about 1/100th as popular as soccer, one of only a few true world team sports.

The Union World Cup was possibly the best marketed sporting event in the history of sport. It sure got a lot of suckers. No one denies that International League hasn't got much, but as International Union is vastly overstated, International League is often unfairly criticised. The good news is we now have over 30 nations playing in some way or another, and at least 20 of them have domestic competitions. International RL is definately heading in the right direction. :D

agree 100%

this really pisses me off about union

many more people would care about the cricket world cup - infact most indians would watch the cricket world cup - yet couldnt give a flying f**k about the yawnyawn world cup

whats the population of india again?

Latest posts