What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonah Lomu has passed away

African Monkey

First Grade
Pretty shocked and shattered by it all...

Met him a few times... Was incredibly generous with his time.

My favourite Jonah story was from a mate mine who went to Jonah's old school Wesley College...

It was about 1999/2000ish... Jonah was a massive star... My mate was part of a group of Wesley College borders who decided they were going to wag school for the afternoon and go to the local mall in Manukau...

While they were there they saw Jonah who was doing some promo work for one of his sponsors... Jonah had about 50 or 60 people around him getting autographs and photos so the group of boys decided it would be best just to yell and wave to him from a distance.

Jonah then spotted them... Walked away from his promo work... Approached the guys... And gave them a MASSIVE spray about wagging school... He also gave them a massive spray about how they were wearing the uniform and made them all tidy up before he borrowed the sponsors van and took them all back to school and marched them into the principles office to explain themselves... :lol:

My mate has hated the guy ever since... :lol:

RIP big man
:lol: great story

RIP Jonah.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty shocked and shattered by it all...

Met him a few times... Was incredibly generous with his time.

My favourite Jonah story was from a mate mine who went to Jonah's old school Wesley College...

It was about 1999/2000ish... Jonah was a massive star... My mate was part of a group of Wesley College borders who decided they were going to wag school for the afternoon and go to the local mall in Manukau...

While they were there they saw Jonah who was doing some promo work for one of his sponsors... Jonah had about 50 or 60 people around him getting autographs and photos so the group of boys decided it would be best just to yell and wave to him from a distance.

Jonah then spotted them... Walked away from his promo work... Approached the guys... And gave them a MASSIVE spray about wagging school... He also gave them a massive spray about how they were wearing the uniform and made them all tidy up before he borrowed the sponsors van and took them all back to school and marched them into the principles office to explain themselves... :lol:

My mate has hated the guy ever since... :lol:

RIP big man

lol, gee I bet none of them argued with him

hearing he just got back from the WC, at least he got to see the Kiwis win

shiznit

Coach
Heard a funny quip from someone on the radio...

"If Rugby is indeed as they say... the game they play in heaven... then whoever's up there defending on the wing is in for a rude shock..."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
George Gregan: I have a lot of memories of Jonah, most of them painful.