What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordan Pereira - New Signing

ALSGI

Bench
I'm with you ieabread. The forum has been discussing the need for backs and the club has signed one on a short contract.

He's got some size, footwork and a pass and the clubs seems to prefer bigger wingers/centres with a some type of senior experience.

The club doesn't feel the young blokes are ready in the short term, he has been given an opportunity so I hope he delivers on what the club requires.
I hope everyone wants him to be a sucess now he's here.
The negative coments are more frustration at the yo-yo recruitment, lack of junior promotion in the backs despite perfect opportunities and the reapearance of last years footy, repeatedly with no end in sight.

getsmarty

Immortal
This kid will hopefully not read the crap on this forum.

He looks better than useless and it would be nicer to welcome him and wish him well instead of the bagging he has copped from some so far.

Doing so doesn't automatically condone the decision making by the club, which he isn't responsible for...

I also hope he is a raging success.... My only concern is that other clubs seem to be able to grab players with 1st grade experience before the cut off date and we get speculative buys. Not a shot at Jordan but more so at our club's ability to recruit after losing Dugan/Packer.

epDragon62

First Grade
I'm with you ieabread. The forum has been discussing the need for backs and the club has signed one on a short contract.

He's got some size, footwork and a pass and the clubs seems to prefer bigger wingers/centres with a some type of senior experience.

The club doesn't feel the young blokes are ready in the short term, he has been given an opportunity so I hope he delivers on what the club requires.
Did you note his monster left hand fend?

possm

Coach
That is completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand. We're talking about a younger player who has signed to play for Illawarra.

You just proved my point.
Please understand Illawarra is reserve grade and I'd say in 2018, 17 of our first grade squad of 30 will be selected to play first grade and the remaining 13 will play for Illawarra or a minor grade team in local competitions. Some might be injured however, the majority will surely play for Illawarra.

possm

Coach
I hope everyone wants him to be a sucess now he's here.
The negative coments are more frustration at the yo-yo recruitment, lack of junior promotion in the backs despite perfect opportunities and the reapearance of last years footy, repeatedly with no end in sight.
You mean the Millward mess!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Zac Lomax reminds me a lot of Mark Gasnier at the same age. Gasnier played NRL at 19 years of age. I feel that Dufty and Lomax should be trialled in the NRL this year as the team is faltering badly.
Dufty

ieatbread

Juniors

Yeah he looks good but Ive only see qcup highlights.

I don't see what the big issue is with this guys signing.

''Wahwahwah we need a prop so we sign a winger''. How does anyone know we dont already have a prop lined up
Bunch of whingers.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
You can tell from watching the Highlights reel that this guy has a background in Union. The automatic head down cut you in half tackling style is part and parcel of a Rugby Union up-bringing, particularly in the Polynesian countries. YouTube a guy named Brian Lima, nicknamed 'The Chiropractor'.

Although I believe Rugby Union is a boring game, especially the modern joke that is the Wallabies, The All-Blacks, Samoans and Tongan Rugby Union teams have produced players that were carved out of granite and make Shane Webke look soft.

ieatbread

Juniors
If you are referring to Possm's posts, then it's because he has genuine eye sight problems and can only see blue clearly. It was explained in a post of his last year if I remember correctly.
Huh. So he can't see all the other posts in black?

RPG437

Juniors
In case anyone decided to actually use their brains, this is obviously not a signing for first grade.
We've lost KFFL next year and Dodd for this year, Pereira is just coming in for the Illawarra side to solidify our depth.
It's not a Dugan replacement, it's not an "uninspiring signing", it's just for depth. In case anyone had bothered to do any research, all clubs need to have a squad of 30 players next year, so we're obviously building towards that.
Besides, the Pereira announcement was hidden in the Nightingale extension article, so I would say that the club isn't exactly doing somersaults about picking this guy up or claiming he's a world beater.

Some of you need to stop looking for the worst in everything and making assumptions when clearly you have no idea.
Hard to be critical of the red and white brethren - the joint is on the way out.
Illawarra Dragons when NRL pull the financial lifeline. Need to look no further than the Taj - what other entity would allow that debacle

ieatbread

Juniors
People who are visual impaired need to have blue as it make it easier to see.
Try thinking before you open your mouth
No. People who are visual impaired find yellow or white text on a blue background easier to see not the other way around
Blue on white is hard on the eyes and black on white is universally accepted as best for visual impaired people.

Maybe possum can't read what he writes because gee he talks some shit lol

Latest posts