What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordan Pereira - New Signing

Uplifting

Juniors
Nice to get a bit of an insight into one of our members here.

I watched the video on Jordan. He sounds like a young (24yr) man that can't believe he's been given this great opportunity. Like all our emerging players I hope he does incredibly well and is given the opportunities that he earns along the way.

JDHD

Juniors
Nice to get a bit of an insight into one of our members here.

I watched the video on Jordan. He sounds like a young (24yr) man that can't believe he's been given this great opportunity. Like all our emerging players I hope he does incredibly well and is given the opportunities that he earns along the way.

At the very least, he's been paid to leave Queensland to the beautiful sea side town of Wollongong where the beaches are gorgeous and the meth is readily accessible. There are a lot of reasons why we were prepared to surrender Queensland to the Japanese in WW2.

Maxwell

Juniors
Always strange when a club signs a young player immediately and only for 18 months - especially when we have similar young players in the same development stage!

Nonetheless heres highlight reel of the young nuggety winger...he seems strong not too quick which is a worry ..see what you think - is he something special?

Mate not knocking him, could be good. but I say have a look at a winger in Penrith' s ISP cup team , a bloke Sivo or sito or something like that a Fijian and is about 6 ft 4 inches 100kg and has only played about 6 or 7 games of league , he will be another Semi or a Vunavale . Mark my words.

Drakon

Juniors
Mate not knocking him, could be good. but I say have a look at a winger in Penrith' s ISP cup team , a bloke Sivo or sito or something like that a Fijian and is about 6 ft 4 inches 100kg and has only played about 6 or 7 games of league , he will be another Semi or a Vunavale . Mark my words.
His name is Maiko Sivo. Looks like he scores a few!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Played his first game with Illawarra last weekend.
Played 80 mins
11 runs for 103m (40 post contact metres)
1 line break and 1 kick (30m)
14 tackles 1 missed
Not too bad seeing he's been here 5 mins.
Be interesting to see him on Fox tomorrow

getsmarty

Immortal
Pereira not buying into Jarryd Hayne conjecture
Dragons Den
r0_0_2348_2996_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

OUCH: Jarryd Hayne cops an accidental foot in the face from Jordan Pereira in round 22 last season. Picture: AAP

DRAGONS flyer Jordan Pereira admits he’s nervous about the prospect of Jarryd Hayne linking with the club – but it’s got nothing to do with competition for spots.

It’s more to do with the accidental boot he planted on Hayne’s face in the Dragons round-22 clash with the Eels last season that required one of the more creative strapping efforts of 2018.

“If he did come down here I just hope he’s not angry that I kicked him the face,” Pereira said.

“Whatever club he goes to I just hope he doesn’t hate me because it was an accident. That’s my only concern, that he doesn’t hate me as a bloke.”

Currently without a club for 2019, Hayne has been linked to St George Illawarra who are battling depleted outside back stocks following the departure of Nene Macdonald and the retirement of Jason Nightingale.

Media reports have suggested the club could look to move on current No. 1 Matt Dufty to accommodate Hayne, but Pereira hasn’t given much weight to the conjecture.

r0_0_2443_3071_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

SECOND BEST: Jarryd Hayne after colliding with Jordan Pereira's foot last season. Picture: AAP

“So many things pop up and right now everything seems like rubbish, I don’t pay attention to any of it,” Pereira said.

“He’s one of my best mates, I love Dufty, I don't want to see him leave. I look at whatever I see as a thumbnail, and I disregard it.

“There’s not too may [outside backs] left. Nene’s left, Gyspy [Nightingale] left, Patty [Herbert] left, Reuben [Garrick] left.

“That’s four [outside backs] that have gone so we’re down a few. We’ve lost more than we’ve gained so I’m sure there’ll be someone turn up at some stage.

“I’m not sure who we’re going to get but if it hasn’t come from the Dragons, it’s not my concern, I just don’t believe it.”

Pereira has little to worry about on the contract front having penned a two-year contract extension after a string of impressive performances in his side’s final nine games of 2018.

It included two finals appearances, and the 25-year-old admits he’s still left pinching himself having only joined the club the day before the transfer deadline in 2017.

“Sometimes I go back and watch those games that I played and think ‘wow, that’s me’,” Pereira said.

“It is still pretty hard to believe and sometimes I have to refresh my memory by watching some footage.

“I thought I was going to have to dust off the old steel caps midway through last year. I thought I was going to have to go back to work.

“My manager wasn’t sure what was going to happen, there weren’t any offers from other clubs.

“I was probably at the bottom of the hierarchy and got one little taste due to some unfortunate injuries.

“Sometimes that’s how you get opportunities and whatever you make of that is in your own hands. I just tried to take it with both of them.”

The cavalcade of outside men who’ve headed for the exit door leaves Pereira one of the last men standing, but he’s far from complacent about holding onto his spot next season.

“I’ve put the pressure on myself that nothing’s going to be given, it’s all got to be earned,” he said.

“2019’s all a clean slate and everything’s up for grabs.

“I’m just going to approach the preseason like I did last year, work my hardest, and make sure I earn that spot.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5760149/pereira-not-buying-into-hayne-conjecture/?cs=3713

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

possm

Coach
Not a chance, he's obviously the main player directing the run of play.
A chip and chase and Bob's your uncle!

I played halfback most of my career however, I did get a turn on the wing when our right winger was injured scoring a try. Much easier out there on the wing as long as I kept away from the sideline. Just one step or swerve and lots of acceleration and Bob's your uncle - over in the corner - no problems.

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I played halfback most of my career however, I did get a turn on the wing when our right winger go injured scoring a try. Much easier out there on the wing as long as I kept away from the sideline. Just one step or swerve and lots of acceleration and Bob's your uncle - over in the corner - no problems.

So how much money do you want possm.

Latest posts