What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan officially signs a 4 year deal with the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

getsmarty

Immortal
Saints also refused to subside his medication for his chronic illness. Should never had let him slip through, which saints have a bad habit of.

As for Dugan, I don't care what the tattooed play-doe man does

I think the club has learnt from the Bird Fiasco, hence the current re-signings of many of our youngsters. You have to balance that out and give them a pathway to the top grade. Duges is 27 and will be 28 next year. The club was reported to be offering him a 3 year deal. I.M.H.O we paid overs for him on his previous contract and that would probably have a lot to do with the Broncos and what they offered him + Third Party. His current deal is allegedly less than is last deal. His manager was reportedly chasing 1 mill from us and Millward wouldn't budge and no one else allegedly offered him that amount. Therefore millward was correct in his valuation. We offered I believe 3 years and Sharks 4 for allegedly similar money. We allegedly pulled our offer on Wed so Sharks were possibly the last man standing.

The club is in a tough situation. You give dugan 4 years and then you risk losing Field/Marsters/Dufty etc. You cannot keep everyone happy. I wish Duges all the best and good on him for looking after his family same as Packer did.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
I thought i read during the week that the new agreement was to be set at 26 players + 900k for 2nd tier players. I could be very wrong but if so then we have what 4 spots left? So if Mann, Lafai and say Milne are re-signed (not saying they will) that leaves 1 spot to which Millward had already stated he will look at a forward.
Again all speculation until the finally release the cap details.
But i doubt Walker and co would sign on as a 2nd tier player.

Time will tell what happens and if we bring someone in. I can't say too much but have heard from 2 separate sources that things are being looked at roster wise.

giboz71

First Grade
Well we'll finally get to see what Duges can do now he's playing with a great team.

Still don't think he achieved all he could at the Raiders or the Dragons and the knock was always on poor coaching and poor players around him that failed to use him properly.

There will be no more excuses now he's playing for the Premiers.

getsmarty

Immortal
Well we'll finally get to see what Duges can do now he's playing with a great team.

Still don't think he achieved all he could at the Raiders or the Dragons and the knock was always on poor coaching and poor players around him that failed to use him properly.

There will be no more excuses now he's playing for the Premiers.

100% correct but we also have a great side next year.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Geez I haven't been in this sewer for years and it's great to see it still reaks of the foul * stained stench. It's great to see that your best player has joined us for 2018. Will ensure that we get the three peat 2016/2017/2018

Arrrhhh life is great. At least you have Ben Hunt lololololololololololo.

Geez that Doust knows talent lolololol.

Enjoy bitches

f**k off wanker

giboz71

First Grade
100% correct but we also have a great side next year.

Absolutely.

Hence I wanted him to stay and be our right centre. He could have been devastating with Hunt and Widdop feeding him.

Hopefully, Aitken can fix his defence and make that right centre spot his. That's really our only weakness next year.

getsmarty

Immortal
Absolutely.

Hence I wanted him to stay and be our right centre. He could have been devastating with Hunt and Widdop feeding him.

Hopefully, Aitken can fix his defence and make that right centre spot his. That's really our only weakness next year.

To be honest I think Duges is a Fullback who can play centre. There is more to the whole contract saga but the horse has bolted and the club has other plans.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Morris is a very special winger. Already has tons of steel and a great step. He is definitely one for the future.

He is built like steve not the twins.
But he is super quick.
He is very young .
Dylan can still play under 20's for 2 more years

possm

Coach
I thought i read during the week that the new agreement was to be set at 26 players + 900k for 2nd tier players. I could be very wrong but if so then we have what 4 spots left? So if Mann, Lafai and say Milne are re-signed (not saying they will) that leaves 1 spot to which Millward had already stated he will look at a forward.
Your sums might be correct if we did not let other fringe players go. I know Mose is going but don't know who else will be on their way apart from Dugan and Packer.

getsmarty

Immortal

No you probably are right. Haven't kept up with that side of things.