What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan Told To Shop Himself Around - Not happy with the Dragons.

chiefy1

Juniors
ST GEORGE Illawarra star Josh Dugan is reportedly unhappy with a Dragons pay offer and is set to shop around for another NRL club or even switch to rugby union in France.
According to the Nine Network, Dugan — off contract at the end of the 2017 season — is disillusioned and disappointed with the Dragons’ offer of around $100,000 less per year.
The club have reportedly told the Australian and NSW State of Origin representative to find out his worth on the open market.
On Friday night, Nine said Dugan had instructed his manager to find out what he would be worth in French rugby.
Josh Dugan in action for the Dragons. Picture. Phil HillyardSource:News Corp Australia
It is not known if the reduced Dragons offer to Dugan is linked with the multi- million dollar acquisition of Brisbane and Queensland halfback Ben Hunt from next year.

Bench
I hope it works out for him, but I doubt whether he will get what he thinks he is worth.
I do hope that everything works out for him.
This situation is only going to worse across all teams. Tigers fullback is going to be paid a lot of money. But he is worth every penny he gets.

John moz

Juniors
We need to build this team we have the pack for nextyear now keep dugan and build the backs with hunt and dugan also field aiken milne md .Then bring in hasler and bring on 2018 .

mickeylane

Bench
Reality is that DUGAN is only worth the $650k a year no more.

I think u let go of DUGAN along w WIDDOP and free up another $1.3M and u go for a Jack Bird or even throw a $900k at Moses for the 5/8 role just to ensure u have a world class 7,6 combination as I'm certain that Dufty or Mann or Field are adequate replacements at Fullback and funnily enough all 3 can play in the halves!!

the way the modern game is being played where the fullback is a ball player the above players are more suited than DUGAN to the ball playing fullback.. Love DUGAN to death but he just doesn't do enough for us in attack like these Fullbacks do for their respective clubs Brett Stuart, Tedesco, TuiVasa Sheck, Slater, Barber..

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Way to go team. Piss off one of our better performers by making a sub standard offer. A bloke who has been our best performing back since he joined. A bloke who probably saves 12 points a game. A bloke who had his best representative season ever in Australian colours.

I dunno. Sounds like club management believing too much in their own cleverness. They will end up stuffing things up even further.

thebigredv

First Grade
Here's a headline:

Dragons Fans Unhappy with Lacklustre Team and Losing Culture

Win some games for us Josh and then you can get some more money.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Dugan should be happy with 650k and a future as center. I can't see any NRL club paying more. French Rugby maybe. We can't loose our talented young attacking juniors for paying Dugan overs. We need a fullback with speed, passing and short kick skills.

rasaint

Juniors
Josh got his golden deal 3 years ago and despite all the hype generated by some on the forum he settled into being a good performer, tackles well and occasionally makes a long run but rounded up quickly due to lack of top end speed.

Good luck to any other chub who wants to fork out plus $600k a season. I doubt it will happen.

Turk

Juniors
Bye Dugan. Widdop if you dont step up then you can go aswell. We should make Jack Bird a offer he cant refuse, bring the kid home.