What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan - Val Holmes combination

mickeylane

Bench
Watching the past few World Cup games I can't help noticing how dangerous the Josh Dugan and Valentine Holmes combination looks on the left side of the Australian attack. Translate this combo to club football and add Moylan chiming in and you would have to think that the Sharks attack will be scary to say the least.. Dugan looks such a different player w Australia - more powerful, quicker, better passing, better decisions.. Wtf!

Next years comp is going to be another level compared to this year..

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Pretty impressive. Dugan can certainly pass right to left. Who knows where they'll play in the Sharks line-up but last night it was a lethal combination

Old Timer

Coach
Well we should give s stuff because a player who was at our club and was so badly maligned is playing super football elsewhere and we continue to stick our heads in the sand
The skill set didn’t just suddenly appear and oh guess what he is playing on the left side if the paddock
Can’t belueve Meninga was that lucky to guess where to play him and how to use him
To top it off people still predicting our coach to take us top 8
If he hasn’t got a clue with test quality players then we are no chance.

watatank

Coach
Dugan can pass. Either he was told not to or didn’t bother or was just a ball hog.
Either way, they’re Sharks players so I sure as hell don’t care.

Like most players, Dugan is better passing the ball right to left. He also has more space to work with as the Australian team is that much better than everyone. Also the decision making aspect of passing has been taken out, all he has to think about is getting the ball to Holmes. Dugan is also happy to play anywhere for rep teams and no one there cares if he plays fullback or centre and we couldn't manage to convince Dugan he's a centre.

Life's Good

Coach
Like most players, Dugan is better passing the ball right to left. He also has more space to work with as the Australian team is that much better than everyone. Also the decision making aspect of passing has been taken out, all he has to think about is getting the ball to Holmes. Dugan is also happy to play anywhere for rep teams and no one there cares if he plays fullback or centre and we couldn't manage to convince Dugan he's a centre.
Probably been posted already but Duges was with us at the wrong time. Poor coaching has contributed to a few players leaving or stagnating.
Whilst he was occasionally high maintenance I never questioned his commitment to us (except for missing the team bus vs. Penrith).

dragon thomo

Juniors
The problem is we have a coach that is not up to scratch, and as I said before McGregor would not get us to the finals even if we signed all of the Storm team.
The other thing is the competition the aussies are playing against in the world cup is not as intense as the nrl, even Sharon Woods looks a world beater.

red rocket

Juniors
Aitken should also be playing on the left you would see a different side of play by him was devastating as a Junior playing left side corridor and can pass right to left and has a natural right hand palm slowing to beat a man on the outside nothing comes natural to him on the right side corridor but who am I to judge I am only an old Brocken down first grade bush captain coach and Mary played centre for Australia

Old Timer

Coach
This is a big up yours to Mcgregor.
No idea how to coach and being shown up massively on how to coach star players. But who cares now,he is a shark and we are sadly stuck with Mary.
My stomach is churning with the thought of it.
Not only don’t we have established centres we have even less back up
Dugan is a huge loss all round and will kill it at the Sharks
Evidently Mc Fookknuckle thinks centres and wingers don’t count when you have the power game and considers them as as additional back rowers only.

Crush

Coach
Not only don’t we have established centres we have even less back up
Dugan is a huge loss all round and will kill it at the Sharks
Evidently Mc Fookknuckle thinks centres and wingers don’t count when you have the power game and considers them as as additional back rowers only.
I think they tried to make Dugan a center at dragons but he refused to play center so he went to sharks......to play center.

Old Timer

Coach
I think they tried to make Dugan a center at dragons but he refused to play center so he went to sharks......to play center.
One of the great urban myths of our time
Our coach said while ever he was at our club he would be FB and the recruitment manager ruled that out and said he was a centre only
So who should the player be listening to?
If Mc Innes gets injured and Millward says move Hunt to hooker and we’ll find a cheap halfback somewhere, what should Mc Fookknuckle do?
By the way the reason for this thread is about Dugan’s ability to pass which was never evident here and he played RC here and LC in tests
Our coach is a rank amateur and players suffer due to that.