What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan - Val Holmes combination

Crush

Coach
One of the great urban myths of our time
Our coach said while ever he was at our club he would be FB and the recruitment manager ruled that out and said he was a centre only
So who should the player be listening to?
If Mc Innes gets injured and Millward says move Hunt to hooker and we’ll find a cheap halfback somewhere, what should Mc Fookknuckle do?
By the way the reason for this thread is about Dugan’s ability to pass which was never evident here and he played RC here and LC in tests
Our coach is a rank amateur and players suffer due to that.
My point was about Dugan not being willing to re-sign with us because he wanted to play fullback not center at club level. BTW thats complete BS it was all about $$$.
Good luck to him at Sharks. I'm glad he has moved on. Injury prone and inconsistent.
Also, let's see how he goes at center for the sharks. The WC isnt nearly as competitive as the regular NRL season.

Old Timer

Coach
My point was about Dugan not being willing to re-sign with us because he wanted to play fullback not center at club level. BTW thats complete BS it was all about $$$.
Good luck to him at Sharks. I'm glad he has moved on. Injury prone and inconsistent.
Also, let's see how he goes at center for the sharks. The WC isnt nearly as competitive as the regular NRL season.
Crush
Centre, FB left side, right side whatever Dugan is a far better player than we ever got to see at our club
It is undeniable our coaches failed to get the best out of him yet by his own natural ability he was still very good.
People can bag Duges all they like and for whatever reason they like but we missed out by not cashing in on his natural strengths and by not teaching him extra skills.
Dugan is not in his own in experiencing this at our club

Crush

Coach
Crush
Centre, FB left side, right side whatever Dugan is a far better player than we ever got to see at our club
It is undeniable our coaches failed to get the best out of him yet by his own natural ability he was still very good.
People can bag Duges all they like and for whatever reason they like but we missed out by not cashing in on his natural strengths and by not teaching him extra skills.
Dugan is not in his own in experiencing this at our club
True. Our coach has been shithouse, can't deny that.

Saintsified

Bench
Hate McJetSki, however, it was he who suggested to Daley to play Dugan centre for NSW, that he thought Dugan has all the attributes as a centre ...... Meanwhile changed his mind back at the Dragons, he is FB he said.... Doh off to Sharks as a centre.

Mary confuses himself letalone our players.

Dragons22

Juniors
I cannot stand Josh Dugan. Let's be honest, what has made him look so 'Amazing' in his games for Australia is that he played against teams like France, Fiji, Lebanon and Samoa. No disrespect to any of those teams or their players, they tried hard unlike the arrogant moron, but their best isn't up to the standards of the Australian squad. That is why Dugan looks so 'Amazing'. He is a disrespectful twat! Ever since he signed with the Sharks I lost some respect, then he misses the bus, I lose more respect, then I hear he missed the plane to come back from Brisbane and his teammates had to pack his bags for him, more respect lost, then the news about Dumb and Dumber having drinks galore before the most important game of the series? Please. Laurie and Mal pick that disgraceful player all the time and it pisses me off. This club was the only club willing to give him a chance and what does he do to repay them? Nothing! Easily my most currently hated player in the NRL. I hope they give it to him Round 2 and Round 6, if of course he isn't INJURED by then.
Rant over.

giboz71

First Grade
Duges is playing centre with the Australian spine. And he’s played against France, Lebanon, Samoa and Fiji.

I still don’t see a compelling reason he should have played FB for us.

JDHD

Juniors
Dugan is playing outside Morgan and inside Holmes against reserve grade-quality teams who have played maybe three games to build their defensive combinations. I'll wait to see him in action against actual teams (like England - where he got found out several times in the first week of the WC) before I make a decision.

Last edited:

71saintsimon

Juniors
Yes we might finally see the best of Dugan now playing under some real coaches that can coach, stil trying to work out how grandfinal winning coaches des Hasler and Micheal Maguire don't have a job but the mcidiot seems to be stil employed ? Must be some bad night mare hopefully il wake up and it's not true

Life's Good

Coach
I’ll be interested to see how they fare against the Poms. They had a night out against Fiji but that can’t be a yardstick to determine the quality of their combination.

Latest posts