What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh FREAKING McCrone

mickeylane

Bench
You can only laugh at our misery - this morning Paul Kent reported that statistically Luke Brooks is overated and doesn't figure in the top 10 halfbacks in the NRL - hence doesn't deserve his price tag - Brooks only rates ahead of ... You guessed it MCCRONE, Cullen, Sam Williams, Jack Cogger, Faamanu Brown.. I mean who are the other 4 nobodies? How bad have we got it trying to get into the top 8 w a halfback that's not even rated!!

ALSGI

Bench
You can only laugh at our misery - this morning Paul Kent reported that statistically Luke Brooks is overated and doesn't figure in the top 10 halfbacks in the NRL - hence doesn't deserve his price tag - Brooks only rates ahead of ... You guessed it MCCRONE, Cullen, Sam Williams, Jack Cogger, Faamanu Brown.. I mean who are the other 4 nobodies? How bad have we got it trying to get into the top 8 w a halfback that's not even rated!!
Mickey,
It was probably a simple McError mate.

blacksafake

First Grade
An ex half now better suited to hooker is the norm at the dragons, after all it worked a treat with Fein.lol

blacksafake

First Grade
A bit harsh there Mickey.
Don't you remember not long ago that Williams was going to be our saviour.At least L plate has realised there needed to be an upgrade.:D

thebigredv

First Grade
I was critical of McCrone against Eels and said I would eat my hat if he was picked in round 3. His game almost cost us against the Sharks, and yet no response from McGregor.

I really hope he can get his kicking game together against the Warriors, and be more of an asset to our team than a liability.

I don't agree with his selection, when Mann is waiting in the wings, but when all is said and done, Mary doesn't care what I think, so I just wish Josh the best for this game.

Go Dragons!

loveoursaints

Juniors
I was critical of McCrone against Eels and said I would eat my hat if he was picked in round 3. His game almost cost us against the Sharks, and yet no response from McGregor.

I really hope he can get his kicking game together against the Warriors, and be more of an asset to our team than a liability.

I don't agree with his selection, when Mann is waiting in the wings, but when all is said and done, Mary doesn't care what I think, so I just wish Josh the best for this game.

Go Dragons!
I think as long as McCrone keeps tackling like an extra forward, he will be in the team. Defence does win games....just ask the Tigers

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Mickey,
It was probably a simple McError mate.

It's almost that time again!
I can hardly contain my excitement.
My fingers are buzzing over the keyboard in sheer delight.
The weekend is almost upon us and then we get to converse together, of the joy that is Josh McCrone padding up for another crack at halfback.

Sincerely hope he has a blinder and l get to eat some humble pie.
Somehow, l fear the football gods will allow me to go hungry.

C'om you Dragons!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Timer

Coach
Shame our captain and marquee signing ( cough cough) cant help mcrone to improve. Like changa helped Smithy....
What a dumb post.
Changa was a 1 and Smithy a 7 you dick head.
So on the basis of your comparison your best you ask Duges about it as according to you it's actually his job.
Let me know what night you'll be at training to tell Duges.

Reactions: jak

SaintPauli

Juniors
McCrone is a 50/50 player. 50% good and 50% bad. Unfortunately 50% bad is way too much for a first grader and pitting us at high risk in loosing games due to trivial errors and bad passage of play. Mann deserves a go.

getsmarty

Immortal
McCrone feeling comfortable in Dragons No.7

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

24 Mar 2017, 2 p.m.
r0_0_5184_3375_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

SUITED UP: Dragons halfback Josh McCrone models the Ant-Man strip by ISC that the club will wear in round four against the Warriors. Picture: Robert Peet

HE hasn’t regularly steered an NRL side around the paddock for more than two seasons, but Josh McCrone is starting to feel right at home in the Dragons No.7.

The former Raiders half is closing in on 150 NRL games, but has spent the best part of the last two seasons playing in a utility role, shifting between the halves, hooker and lock.

His endgame however, was always a return to a fulltime halfback role. He’ll play four consecutive games there for the first time since 2014 when the Dragons take on the Warriors on Sunday and feels he’s starting ti find his groove.

“I felt comfortable in my role [against Cronulla],” McCrone said.

“Everyone wants to be starting in the team and I see myself as a half first and foremost. I’ve had enough experience doing it in Canberra with Campo [Terry Campese] there, so I’ve spent most of my career at halfback.

“It’s a bit of a different system to what I’ve played in before but I’m enjoying it. It gives me more opportunity to run as well so it’s good.”

McCrone noticeably took most of the kicking duties against the Sharks as he looks to take as much pressure as possible of skipper Gareth Widdop.

“That right footer in the right side of the field is probably the easiest place to kick so I wanted to take control of that and just let Gaz think about playing his footy,” McCrone said.

“When he can play a bit of ad-lib footy, get the ball in his hands and just run, things happen for him which we saw against Penrith where he scored a couple of tries. If I can take a bit pressure off him… wonderful.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4551498/mccrone-finding-his-niche/?cs=302

watatank

Coach
He is what he is, a backup half that might be (hopefully won't be) needed at hooker at some point during the season.

possm

Coach
A prime example of the mediocrity promoted by Mary. It seems as though 'it's not big thing if you make mistakes or even lose a game'. Just try to do better next week.

The Doc

Juniors
Yeh but does Brooks have nearly 150 games experience?
Apparently that is really important... just ask mary lol

Latest posts