Josh FREAKING McCrone

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Rob Dragon, Mar 19, 2017.

1. possm

possm First Grade

It should be so easy; Mann for McCrone and Havili on the bench.

Dragsters, Gareth67 and Smurf like this.
  2. mickeylane

mickeylane Juniors

You can only laugh at our misery - this morning Paul Kent reported that statistically Luke Brooks is overated and doesn't figure in the top 10 halfbacks in the NRL - hence doesn't deserve his price tag - Brooks only rates ahead of ... You guessed it MCCRONE, Cullen, Sam Williams, Jack Cogger, Faamanu Brown.. I mean who are the other 4 nobodies? How bad have we got it trying to get into the top 8 w a halfback that's not even rated!!

Old Kogarah Boy 1, Gareth67 and ALSGI like this.
  3. ALSGI

ALSGI Juniors

Mickey,
    It was probably a simple McError mate.

Old Kogarah Boy 1 and Gareth67 like this.
  4. Crush

Crush Juniors

We are playing first grade with a has been reserve grade halfback. I would prefer JDB at half....and that is saying something.

Gareth67 and OurRedV like this.
  5. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

An ex half now better suited to hooker is the norm at the dragons, after all it worked a treat with Fein.lol

6. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

A bit harsh there Mickey.
    Don't you remember not long ago that Williams was going to be our saviour.At least L plate has realised there needed to be an upgrade.:D

7. Dragsters

Dragsters Juniors

Correction, a has been reserve grade bench hooker...

Crush likes this.
  8. possm

possm First Grade

Mary be brave, start with Mann and McCrone on the bench. If things don't go well, bring on McCrone.

9. loveoursaints

loveoursaints Juniors

Shame our captain and marquee signing ( cough cough) cant help mcrone to improve. Like changa helped Smithy....

10. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

I was critical of McCrone against Eels and said I would eat my hat if he was picked in round 3. His game almost cost us against the Sharks, and yet no response from McGregor.

I really hope he can get his kicking game together against the Warriors, and be more of an asset to our team than a liability.

I don't agree with his selection, when Mann is waiting in the wings, but when all is said and done, Mary doesn't care what I think, so I just wish Josh the best for this game.

Go Dragons!

11. loveoursaints

loveoursaints Juniors

I think as long as McCrone keeps tackling like an extra forward, he will be in the team. Defence does win games....just ask the Tigers

12. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

It's almost that time again!
    I can hardly contain my excitement.
    My fingers are buzzing over the keyboard in sheer delight.
    The weekend is almost upon us and then we get to converse together, of the joy that is Josh McCrone padding up for another crack at halfback.

Sincerely hope he has a blinder and l get to eat some humble pie.
    Somehow, l fear the football gods will allow me to go hungry.

C'om you Dragons!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSGI likes this.
  13. Old Timer

Old Timer Bench

What a dumb post.
    Changa was a 1 and Smithy a 7 you dick head.
    So on the basis of your comparison your best you ask Duges about it as according to you it's actually his job.
    Let me know what night you'll be at training to tell Duges.

jak likes this.
  14. SaintPauli

SaintPauli Juniors

McCrone is a 50/50 player. 50% good and 50% bad. Unfortunately 50% bad is way too much for a first grader and pitting us at high risk in loosing games due to trivial errors and bad passage of play. Mann deserves a go.

Country Dragon likes this.
  15. getsmarty

getsmarty First Grade

McCrone feeling comfortable in Dragons No.7

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

24 Mar 2017, 2 p.m.
    [​IMG]

SUITED UP: Dragons halfback Josh McCrone models the Ant-Man strip by ISC that the club will wear in round four against the Warriors. Picture: Robert Peet

HE hasn’t regularly steered an NRL side around the paddock for more than two seasons, but Josh McCrone is starting to feel right at home in the Dragons No.7.

The former Raiders half is closing in on 150 NRL games, but has spent the best part of the last two seasons playing in a utility role, shifting between the halves, hooker and lock.

His endgame however, was always a return to a fulltime halfback role. He’ll play four consecutive games there for the first time since 2014 when the Dragons take on the Warriors on Sunday and feels he’s starting ti find his groove.

“I felt comfortable in my role [against Cronulla],” McCrone said.

“Everyone wants to be starting in the team and I see myself as a half first and foremost. I’ve had enough experience doing it in Canberra with Campo [Terry Campese] there, so I’ve spent most of my career at halfback.

“It’s a bit of a different system to what I’ve played in before but I’m enjoying it. It gives me more opportunity to run as well so it’s good.”

McCrone noticeably took most of the kicking duties against the Sharks as he looks to take as much pressure as possible of skipper Gareth Widdop.

“That right footer in the right side of the field is probably the easiest place to kick so I wanted to take control of that and just let Gaz think about playing his footy,” McCrone said.

“When he can play a bit of ad-lib footy, get the ball in his hands and just run, things happen for him which we saw against Penrith where he scored a couple of tries. If I can take a bit pressure off him… wonderful.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4551498/mccrone-finding-his-niche/?cs=302

16. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 Juniors

Wow, he's saying he felt comfortable with his game against the Narks...... hate to see him have a shocker!

17. watatank

watatank Coach

He is what he is, a backup half that might be (hopefully won't be) needed at hooker at some point during the season.

18. possm

possm First Grade

A prime example of the mediocrity promoted by Mary. It seems as though 'it's not big thing if you make mistakes or even lose a game'. Just try to do better next week.

getsmarty and Dragsters like this.
  19. BennyV

BennyV Coach

The problem is that while it's what he is, it's not what he is!

He is a backup half, at best.
    He's being used as a first string half, holding back other, potentially more talented options with more upside.

20. The Doc

The Doc Juniors

Yeh but does Brooks have nearly 150 games experience?
    Apparently that is really important... just ask mary lol