What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Jackson MOTM

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Putting aside the lunacy of picking the MOTM 20min before the end of the game, I don't think Jackson was even the best player for the Blues.

49min for 67 metres and 26 tackles is hardly awe-inspiring stuff. Tedesco, Maloney and Woods all had a greater impact on the game for NSW...

Jason Maher

Immortal
He was fantastic in his first stint, and then for some unknown reason Daley kept him off for half an hour. Daley is a pleb tier coach and needs to f**k off yesterday.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, I thought McGuire too.

Jackson went good, but I don't get all the hype around him to be honest. He seems to be a toiler that gets superstar treatment. But then again, Sterling knows more than me.

King hit

Coach
I seriously wonder who decides these awards. Jackson had a good game but he wasn't the best on the ground. There have been a lot of poor mom decisions so this is nothing new. Fifita was by far the best in the grand final last year and at least 5 Cowboys were better than JT in 2015. Even the king got mom awards that were undeserving.

Bronco18

Juniors
McGuire or Napa for mine.

Sure NSW made errors but if anyone deserves credit for turning up the intesntiy for QLD it goes to those two who led the line.

King hit

Coach
He got the winning try and played very well but I think they got the CCM right for once.

Cronulla wouldn't have won without him. Made 40 tackles, 20 carries, ran for over 200 meters, busted 10+ tackles and scored the most important try in the history of the Cronulla club. Clear winner for mine.

TheFrog

Coach
Cronulla wouldn't have won without him. Made 40 tackles, 20 carries, ran for over 200 meters, busted 10+ tackles and scored the most important try in the history of the Cronulla club. Clear winner for mine.
Fair enough, I wouldn't have complained if he'd won it.

carcharias

Immortal
He got the winning try and played very well but I think they got the CCM right for once.

Yeah nah.

If you cannot see the thing is rigged after (Fifita's GF efforts ) then you can't be helped.
It was the classic front towers GF MOM display.
There was no way they would give it to him....regardless of his performance.

Even Luke Lewis looked dumbfounded when his name was as called out.