What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jubilee seating set to be approved

R2K

Bench
Jubilee seating set to gain approval

11/02/2005

Kogarah Councillors are expected to grant approval on Monday evening to the Development Application (DA) for the installation of permanent tiered seating to the northern and southern ends of Oki Jubilee Stadium and the replacement of the existing bench seating.

In other news, St.George Rugby League Football Club Ltd is expected to enter into a two-year lease with Kogarah Council for the premisesat 49 English Street (formerly the Kogarah Meals on Wheels Headquarters). It is understood that St.George and local community groups will use the property as a gymnasium.

The lease is subject to the adoption of the Plan of Management for Kogarah Park Community land. The Plan of Management can be viewed at:

http://www.kogarah.nsw.gov.au/asset/1/upload/English_St_PoM_Public_Exhibition.pdf

http://www.r2k.info/

thommo4pm

Coach
any idea on the amount of numbers those stands at either end will hold?
Hopefully it will increase capacity by at least a thousand.

RICHO

Juniors
Just a question...

Have they ever thought of turning OKI into a rectangle shaped ground? Or will it always remain "ovalish"?

I don't think it matters that much Richo.

It is a little oval so it isn't like the SCG where it severely detracts from viewing.

Plus, isn't it used for Athletics Carnivals and alike but some local schools? I guess an oval is more flexible for use as a community facility.

RICHO

Juniors
Yeah fair call. I just didn't know if there was a reason other than the "heritage" thing.

The only problem I have with it is the corner of the in-goal ares is way close to the fence.