What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June player movements

Mario chalmers

Juniors
OUT
Felise
McIlwrick
adding to Suli + Milne (pre June)

IN
Clark
Mbye
Farah
Garner

Individually I've not seen enough of Clark to comment on whether he is an upgrade on Felise but I'm not disappointed JJ was let go. He's had a dozen or so games at NRL level and my impression was that he was never able to stamp his authority at that level. It is a concern that Tatola and Paseka have thrived at other clubs mind you. There was plenty of opportunity for WT to wrap these guys up previously?

McIlwrick is the same boat as Felise for mine. A career backup at best. The challenge for McIllwrick and Felise is that being under-sized for your position makes you somewhat susceptible to getting bumped off. e.g Mcillwrick brushed off for a Papalli try next to the posts last game. The big plus for WT here is that Matt was under contract for 2019 so we don't have to carry him next year either.

Mbye has shown promise at fullback this year in a struggling side. When asked about his signing Warren Smith said something like "Mbye hasnt been at fullback long enough to know whether that is his position and you'd have to question signing him on big money long term in that context." He is NRL quality that's for sure and gets wraps for being a good bloke.

Farah - the game looked past him in his final days at WT but he has looked good for Souths given limited opportunity. On Sunday I am keen to see whether he can pass off the ground out of dummy half. He had incorporated this into his game from the snippets of Souths games I saw him play.

Garner - well deserved upgrade and his addition gives the squad much better balance. There was no point carrying 4 hookers in a 30 man squad. I hope he can share the right edge with Aloiai for the last 10 games and then get himself in the weight room come summer. We've not had a good young backrower since Simon Dwyer and it would be great to see Garner grow into a similar player.

Fordy20

Juniors
If you thought Felise was undersized, Clark is not much of an upgrade. Clark is 6cm taller and weighs about the same. To put that into perspective, Clark is the same height as Taupau. Whether Clark gets a crack where Felise didn't remains to be seen, but I reckon it was always going to be hard to hold onto the guys selected in the NSW Residents side especially when they aren't getting a crack at firsts. Explains why Garner was promoted and while I haven't seen much of Bayley Sironen, he was also selected for Residents too so I expect other clubs to come sniffing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If you thought Felise was undersized, Clark is not much of an upgrade. Clark is 6cm taller and weighs about the same. To put that into perspective, Clark is the same height as Taupau. Whether Clark gets a crack where Felise didn't remains to be seen, but I reckon it was always going to be hard to hold onto the guys selected in the NSW Residents side especially when they aren't getting a crack at firsts. Explains why Garner was promoted and while I haven't seen much of Bayley Sironen, he was also selected for Residents too so I expect other clubs to come sniffing.

Baileys signed with a Souths for next year. He has a go but will never be anything more then depth.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i had 60 movements in june.

i'm a twice-a-day kind of guy.

i also like to overshare..

Latest posts