What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior Kangaroos v Junior Kiwis 2014

Son of Minto

Bench
I guess they'll line up something like this?

1 Nikorima
2 Manulelua
3 Heleta
4 Milne
5 Peni
6 Martin
7 Docker-Clay
8 Lisone
9 Cherrington
10 Fonua-Blake
11 Tapine
12 Tuimavave-Gerard
13 Asofa-Solomona

14 Levi
15 Liolevave
16 Aloiai
17 Katoa
18 Uele

Aus team had one change and it seems Waqa Blake has withdrawn. Out of curiosity, who would Waqa Blake and Jack Ahearn be eligible for if they were to play SOO?

Nrl.com has Val Holmes in the Roos side for Nene Macdonald now.

And D&E, they are eligible for NSW.

How do you know? and guess Val Holmes was genuinely overlooked, it's funny because Waqa Blake didn't make the NSW U20's side this year and Jack Ahearn missed out on the NSW U20's last year yet both ended up making the Junior Kangaroos.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting that Lamar liolevave played for the australian schoolboys this year and the junior kiwis this year...I guess that happens a bit though.

Interesting that Lamar liolevave played for the australian schoolboys this year and the junior kiwis this year...I guess that happens a bit though.

Its logical, only reason it wouldn't be happening more is because most 18 year old's wouldn't be good enough to make the 20's. I think DWZ and Aiddin Fonua Blake played for Aus school boys last year but in the Junior Kiwis this year.

Last edited:

Tucantango

Juniors
How do you know? and guess Val Holmes was genuinely overlooked, it's funny because Waqa Blake didn't make the NSW U20's side this year and Jack Ahearn missed out on the NSW U20's last year yet both ended up making the Junior Kangaroos.

Waqa Blake was chosen for higher NSW honours this year when he was selected for the NSW Cup Resident's side.

Tucantango

Juniors
Is that really a higher honour though? Which competition is tougher, NYC or NSW cup?

The NRL clubs obviously think the NSW/QLD cups are tougher competitions! Would there be any other reason why so many clubs (in more recent times) are taking their rising stars out of U/20's and putting them into the respective NSW/QLD Cup sides?

Last edited:

Son of Minto

Bench
Did Cam Munster get on the field? Would have been a much better option in the starting side over Gutherson, Matterson or Hutchison.

Last edited:

supermums

Juniors
I agree with you son of Minto what a waste sitting on the bench especially when the fullback was having such an off night I also think Hastings should have been one of the halves at least he directs the play and can kick goals....and Jack Bird wasted in centres tonight should have been 13 only my opinion and also easy to judge once game over.....But

isaiah

Bench
Junior Roos team

1 Clint Gutherson (Sea Eagles)
2 Nene Macdonald (Roosters)
3 Waqa Blake (Panthers)
4 Euan Aitken (Dragons)
5 Jake Mamo (Knights)
6 Drew Hutchison (Dragons)
7 Ryan Matterson (Eels)
8 Matthew Lodge (Tigers)
9 Cameron McInnes (Rabbitohs)
10 Joe Ofahengaue (Broncos)
11 Patrick Mago (Raiders)
12 Tevita Pangai (Raiders)
13 Kelepi Tanginoa (Eels)

14 Jack Bird (Dragons)
15 Willis Meehan (Roosters)
16 Cameron Munster (Storm)
17 Andy Saunders (Panthers)
18 Jackson Hastings (Roosters)

Coach Kelly Egan (Bulldogs)
what changes were made to this squad before the game? brett grienke was added for one of the centres, so bird started in the centres?

Latest posts