What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just the dragons luck

OzDragon

Coach
Gotta leave Mann at 6. No point changing the halves combo again, too much disruption.

Put Field at FB or on the wing with Nighty at FB or wing.
I wouldn't put Field at FB. Too much of defensive liability because of his small frame. Wing, maybe even DH to give McInnes a rest for the last 20 mins.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Thats a statement to be proud of.........call yourself a supporter .....your an imposter more like it....anyone that wishes one of ours to be out injured ....your pathetic really
we look better without him that's what i was getting at. you're jumping the gun abit mate. million dollar man is injured ohh no :clap:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
won every game we played with nighty at fullback goose. comes back from injury and we lose. hope the greedy flog leaves the club can only hope
we look better without him that's what i was getting at. you're jumping the gun abit mate. million dollar man is injured ohh no :clap:
We look better without him?...comes back from injury and we lose........Mmm pretty well sums up what you know about our game.....comments like million dollar man is injured....very immature ...you obviously havnt been around long.....

possm

Coach
Field will b picked and be the kicker.. Exciting times when the chips are down there's always 1-2 players who jump up and perform - I think Mann will be a 100%better off for his last run and I think if given the opportunity Jai Field will prove a revelation at FB and possibly the demise of Dugan being re signed!
I really hope your right. if this young junior performs well over the next few games, there will be no need to recruit a new fullback and no need to upgrade Dugan's contract. It would be the best outcome for Millward and a challenge for Mary mainly because, if Field does well, the pressure will be on to select Dugan at right centre on his return.

I'm now ready to say sign Packer before the Tigers get hold of him. See how Field goes and if he goes well, sign Lafai, Milne and Mann. Then withdraw the offer to Dugan.

possm

Coach
I wouldn't put Field at FB. Too much of defensive liability because of his small frame. Wing, maybe even DH to give McInnes a rest for the last 20 mins.
How about Nightingale in defence and Field in attack for the first few games. He is now playing against men in reserve grade and has just put in a good one for the junior Kangaroos. He may be ready however, he isn't tested. So let's test him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I dont think Field will get a run TBH but who knows what McGregor will do.
Field was bandaged up yesterday like Lafai last year and yeah he kicked 5 from 9 but thats 56% and he isnt the GK for the Illawarra team.
Young Herbert should be the one IMO. Good defender, smart footballer and has speed and a massive side step.
Nighty will go to f/b, McGregor wont gamble with that but whoever he chooses fir the wing spot will have to defend against Feki, Holmes and Bird.
For that reason abd we nwed simeone to kick goals the Herbert should be the one.

emu62

Juniors
Maybe Lafai will be dusting the cobwebs off his kicking boots,Although to be honest cant remember what he was like

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Aitkin is having hamstring problems hopefully saves Mary from making another fool of himself and select Milne at centre, when are you going to see whats in front of you.grow some balls Mary and take a risk your fans will applaud you

possm

Coach
Yep against the Sharks:
1. Field
2. Nightingale
3. Milne
4. Lafai
5. Macdonald
6. Mann
7. McCrone
8. Packer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Sims
16. Leilua
17. Lawrie / Kerr / Sele / Host

ALSGI

Bench
Yep against the Sharks:
1. Field
2. Nightingale
3. Milne
4. Lafai
5. Macdonald
6. Mann
7. McCrone
8. Packer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Sims
16. Leilua
Looks good possm, I'd like to see this team run out Friday night.
Just need to wait it out for any more injuries this weekend.

getsmarty

Immortal
Yep against the Sharks:
1. Field
2. Nightingale
3. Milne
4. Lafai
5. Macdonald
6. Mann
7. McCrone
8. Packer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Sims
16. Leilua

Won't Happen..Mary will play it safe...Nighty at 1 and Milne Aitken right side.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Yep against the Sharks:
1. Field
2. Nightingale
3. Milne
4. Lafai
5. Macdonald
6. Mann
7. McCrone
8. Packer
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Ah Mau
15. Sims
16. Leilua

I very doubt Field will get the nod for fullback.
Nightingale will be the fullback as he was when Dugan was last out injured.
Reports are that Aitken has recovered from his hamstring complaint and if fit you know McGregor will select him. Milne will be the 17 (again).
The vacant spot will be Nighty's wing. We need a goal kicker, and I wouldn't put to much faith in Lafai being given the job. He hasn't kicked for what 3yrs or more. So, our choices would be Field or Herbert and given Field was bandaged up yesterday, it would be a huge risk IMO so that means Herbert would be the most likely.
It doesn't mean Field wouldn't get a go, even as a rotational basis (ie: this week Herbert, next game Field) with Herbert in the games that Dugan will be out. It would give them both the experience they require.

possm

Coach
If Field is fit enough to play test football, he is fit enough to play fist grade for the Dragons. Can't keep hiding, we have to know who our fullback will be next year and this is the chance we have to test players for fullback.

ALSGI

Bench
I very doubt Field will get the nod for fullback.
Nightingale will be the fullback as he was when Dugan was last out injured.
Reports are that Aitken has recovered from his hamstring complaint and if fit you know McGregor will select him. Milne will be the 17 (again).
The vacant spot will be Nighty's wing. We need a goal kicker, and I wouldn't put to much faith in Lafai being given the job. He hasn't kicked for what 3yrs or more. So, our choices would be Field or Herbert and given Field was bandaged up yesterday, it would be a huge risk IMO so that means Herbert would be the most likely.
It doesn't mean Field wouldn't get a go, even as a rotational basis (ie: this week Herbert, next game Field) with Herbert in the games that Dugan will be out. It would give them both the experience they require.
Yep I think you're right about Nighty at FB and Aitken being named.
I think Field should get the start at wing (although Herbet is a winger) as a kicker and he could rotate with Nighty to FB in attack if that is our long term plans.