What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just the dragons luck

giboz71

First Grade
When exactly did Field jump ahead of Dufty as our backup fullback to Dugan ?. .

Field isn't ready to be FB this year, but has indicated that's where he sees his future.

And at the beginning of the year, most expected Widdop wouldn't be re-signed and that eventually Field would take over to partner Hunt. But that has gone out the window now with Widdop extending.

I think Field is more likely to make the jump to FG (moreso than Dufty at this stage, given he got the bench utility at the beginning of the year), and if so, FB is really his only option. And explains why Millward keeps insisting Duges play centre long term.

BennyV

Referee
Fair enough I suppose. Thought a regular kicker was important however, two points gained against possible four points.
I'm not saying it's right - I personally think that Herbert to the wing is both the best long term solution and the best option for this season, as he's actually a better player and ready for this.

However, given that we are 2 weeks on the trot and down 2 important players, I fully expect Mary to slip into old habits and base selection purely on first grade experience.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I'm not saying it's right - I personally think that Herbert to the wing is both the best long term solution and the best option for this season, as he's actually a better player and ready for this.

However, given that we are 2 weeks on the trot and down 2 important players, I fully expect Mary to slip into old habits and base selection purely on first grade experience.

Not questioning you BennyV. I enjoy reading your posts, no offence offered.

I am chopping at the bit to see how the young blokes go especially when their able to handle top grade to improve their game.

ALSGI

Bench
There are so many different options for Friday with Widdop and Duges out. No regular goal kickers I think is most telling.

We can't even assume Mann will be At 6 again although I hope he is.

If KFFL comes in it shows Mary has no vision and we gain little in his selection, but who knows?

So this week we're missing our FB (and kicker). Dufty's been playing as FB for Illawarra and I'd like to see him get a start but he doesn't provide a kicker.

If Milne starts it would have to be as 5 on Lafai's side and Nighty goes to FB, but we still haven't gained a regular kicker. Aitken to 5 and Milne to 3?? Still no regular kicker.

Given Field's few minutes in FG and on the bench I reckon he'll be starting as 5, mainly to kick. If this hapens I'd like to see him rotate with Nighty in attack.

I'd also like to see Herbet get a crack on the Wing (if Nighty goes to FB) as a kicker but I can't see Mary trusting a junior in the starting line up.

Bloody hell it's anybody's guess.

Imagine another injury early in the game to one of our 1-7, or 9.

Drakon

Juniors
Drakon
I think if he brings up anyonw it should be herbert.
He has been solid all year.
Consistant and is a option for kicker.
I think nighty to fb
Herbert to the wing
Imo
I'd like to see Herbert get a chance too. I think he derives it. He played well in the test against Australia.

Nighty to F/B is a given. It'll be Herbert, Milne or KFFL on the wing if he is fit again.