What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Hodges goes AWOL & wants to join Broncos!

PJ

First Grade
I'm betting it will be d) none of the above.
The situations are competely different.
F&*k what the rest of you say, my sycophants at 9 and the SMH agree so I must be right.

Is that what you wanted me to say Mr Politis???

carcharias

Immortal
this one goes out to all the lonely hearts. 1 , 2 and a 1 , 2, 3 , 4

C Em/B Am F F F# GII
I used to wake up in the morning
G
I used to feel so bad
C Em/B Am F F F# GII
I got so sick of having sleepless nights
G
I went and told my dad
Am G F Em
He said, "Son now here's some little something,"
Am G
And stuck them on my wall
C Em/B Am
Now my nights ain't quite so lonely, in fact I
F F F# GII
I don't feel bad at all
G7
I don't feel bad at all

C Em/B Am G F Em D G
Pictures of Lily made my life so wonderful
C Em/B Am G F Em D E
Pictures of Lily helped me sleep at night
A C#m/Ab F#m E D C#m B E
Pictures of Lily solved my childhood problem
A C#m/Ab F#m A D E
Pictures of Lily helped me feel alright

E E E D E
Pictures of Lily
E E E D E
Lily, oh Lily
A A A G A
Lily, oh Lily
A A A G A
Pictures of Lily!

D5 D5 D5 C5 D5
D5 D5 D5 C5 D5
G5 G5 G5 F5 G5
G

Then one day things weren't quite so fine
I fell in love with Lily
I asked my dad where Lily I could find
He said, "Son, now don't be silly.
She's been dead since 1929."
Oh how I cried that night
If only I'd been born in Lily's time
It would have been alright
It would have been alright

Pictures of Lily made my life so wonderful
Pictures of Lily helped me sleep at night

A C#m/Ab F#m A D C#m B E
For me and Lily are together in my dreams

A C#m/Ab F#m A D
And I ask you, hey, mister, have you ever seen

E E E D E
Pictures of Lily?

thankyou and goodnight ( throw towel and guitar pick to the crowd )

Pictures of Lily
By the Who
Written by Pete Townshend, 1967

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Seriously, Bennett must have one all mighty smile on his face (in private of course).
A few broncos players I would imagine are :lol: too

Hodges will be hanging around in Brisbane, i would expect him to appear up here, as he does sometimes play touch football with his relatives in a competition up here on wednesday nights, they had the bye tonite, next week, would most probably either be down there watching or having a run

In the Telegraph today:

Apparently some punter overheard Hodges talking to Bennett and co at the Wallaby bar the other night, talking about breaking his contract and leaving the details to "the men upstairs", Politis aint happy, says he wont be breaking his contract at all...ironic that the Roosters were the beneficiary (well they seemed to think so anyway) of Chris Walker breaking his contract with the Bunnies and now it's all fury about Hodges.

Oh well I hate em all.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
One thing I have learnt living in QLD, they love the place.
As far as contracts go, I personally would not sign an employment contract that did not have a two week/month type notice for resigning which is always the same for the employer. I have however signed a contract that forbids me to work for the competition for a certain amount of time. Is it a job?
He would not be the first QLDer go home. He will probably get over it and play his contract out, but when these QLDer's want home badly............ask Tallis ;-)

carcharias

Immortal
Is that guitar talk Carcharias
yes mate , the those strange letters above the lyrics are the chords. Lily was poor justins girlfriends name.
Its actually are pretty well known song but these days the who or more to the point Pete Townsend is known for being busted checking out bad internet stuff.
Timmy Rogers from one of Austrlia's greatest Rock outfits ( You Am I ) has pretty much made a living out of impersonating Mr Townsends stage act..oh the windmill is there a greater rock guitar move ????

carinashark

First Grade
Sure thing Hoges will be sleged heaps this season! Should be interesting to see if he can take it?
Carinashark

DJDL

Bench
Timmy Rogers from one of Austrlia's greatest Rock outfits ( You Am I ) has pretty much made a living out of impersonating Mr Townsends stage act..oh the windmill is there a greater rock guitar move ????

That's cool. Jimi Hendrix stole the "playing behind your head" idea from T-Bone Walker, who was doing it in the 30's.

I had no idea you played guitar Carcharias. But what is GII?? Or do you mean Gadd9?

I don't know the song very well, but it's a nice chord progression

ShireShark said:
In the Telegraph today:

Apparently some punter overheard Hodges talking to Bennett and co at the Wallaby bar the other night, talking about breaking his contract and leaving the details to "the men upstairs", Politis aint happy, says he wont be breaking his contract at all...ironic that the Roosters were the beneficiary (well they seemed to think so anyway) of Chris Walker breaking his contract with the Bunnies and now it's all fury about Hodges.

Oh well I hate em all.

It's a completely different situation but you're too dumb to differentuate the two circumstances. Hodges will still be a Rooster this year and next year and the year after that...... It will be fun watching him tear your crap team apart again this season. He made mincemeat of Peachey last year. We were in fits of laughter when Easts ran riot at Shark Park in 03. :lol:

carcharias

Immortal
I had no idea you played guitar Carcharias. But what is GII??

Yeah I've been playing in bands around the area since the late 80's when I was too young to drink in the pubs we played in. That song I just copied and pasted out of a guitar tab site . GII is just a way of saying Barr chord on the 3rd fret instead of the open chord . I dont think it is G eleven its like 2 eye's ( II ) to indicate played as a barr.
do you play?
Funny story about The Who : their drummer "Keith Moon" played with a crazy manical aggresion , he was out of control never kept the beat in terms of 4 4 style. Anywayz the rest of the band in the recording studio would turn down the guitars and play just the drums through the mixing desk and have bets to see who could figure out what song he was playing.
Rumour has it that Animal from the muppets was based on Keith.

It's a completely different situation but you're too dumb to differentuate the two circumstances

No, it seems both wanted out of their club and would do anything to break their contracts. Funny that gutter scum like yourself is calling an intellectual giant like myself "too dumb".

He made mincemeat of Peachey last year
As I recall, Peachey absolutely hammered him in one tackle in 2002 and Hodges spat the dummy, sledging Peach who has done more for league than Hodges ever will.

Latest posts