What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kane Evans

betcats

Referee
The Parramatta effect lol. Seriously though he looked like a beast playing under 20s but then struggled in first grade to have an impact which is not unusual for a prop but since then he hasn't shown the heart to work hard and get better.

Guys who come through the juniors physically dominating their peers are always a chance of bombing out once they hit grade imo as a lot of them don't have anything else in to their games other than being stronger or bigger or faster than everyone else, they never had to work that hard to improve etc through the grades and cant adjust to the work ethic required once they hit FG and are no longer bigger, stronger and faster than everyone.

blacksafake

First Grade
The Parramatta effect lol. Seriously though he looked like a beast playing under 20s but then struggled in first grade to have an impact which is not unusual for a prop but since then he hasn't shown the heart to work hard and get better.

Guys who come through the juniors physically dominating their peers are always a chance of bombing out once they hit grade imo as a lot of them don't have anything else in to their games other than being stronger or bigger or faster than everyone else, they never had to work that hard to improve etc through the grades and cant adjust to the work ethic required once they hit FG and are no longer bigger, stronger and faster than everyone.
We already have one of these in Leilua so don't need another.

betcats

Referee
We already have one of these in Leilua so don't need another.

I completely forgot about this kid, he had a big wrap on him a while ago.

Ive seen countless kids like that come through the juniors at Penrith. Vaipuna Tia Kilifi stands out as one of the most dominant junior forwards ive ever seen who just couldn't cut it in first grade. Junior Moors is another one.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Some seem to start off great and disappear off into the wilderness for a few years before something clicks and they kick on like a house on fire or they never return.
Its strange the way an nrl players career ebbs and flows but its just the way it works out for them, i guess.
Probably has a lot to do with life stages off the field, injuries, form and all the rest i suppose.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
In the market for a prop?
Don't mind a little casual racism on the feild?
Have Parra got a deal for you.

But seriously, what has happened to this bloke, he looked like a superstar on the rise, now he can't make first grade at a club that can't win a game.
He may be the next candidate at our "Russell Packer Rehabilitation Camp"
If we sign him, this shit is on you.

possm

Coach
What about a prop rotation of:
Vaughan
Graham
Frizell - would make a great prop running hard and hitting hard
Leilua - I think his reads in defence would improve if he is in the middle third.

Backrow:
Sims
Aitken - he would be very effective closer and hunting with a pack.
De Belin
Host
Sele

Don't laugh, this may just be an awesome pack of forwards.

Frank Facer

First Grade
What about a prop rotation of:
Vaughan
Graham
Frizell - would make a great prop running hard and hitting hard
Leilua - I think his reads in defence would improve if he is in the middle third.

Backrow:
Sims
Aitken - he would be very effective closer and hunting with a pack.
De Belin
Host
Sele

Don't laugh, this may just be an awesome pack of forwards.
I certainly am not laughing at your suggestion Possum, it could work. My biggest concern with that pack is that Aitken is a bit small for an edge backrower.

I think Frizell's future lies in the middle. He is tough and has a big motor. He runs straight and hard like a prop. He also tackles hard too.

I also think Leilua's best chance of becoming a regular first grader is at prop now. He has the size and he does have good ball skills. Some even compared Leilua to Beatson earlier in the year. To my knowledge Beatson started his career in the centres, before moving to the backrow and then ended up at prop. I would like to see Leilua playing prop in the ISP. Bennett's advice to young Haas was to run hard and tackle hard and he will have a job for the next 12 years or so. I would be giving the same simple advice to Leilua. He already has the silky ball skills, he just has to become much more selective with his off loads. Props often take time to mature, Leilua at prop, may be a good investment. From the reports I was reading before this season started, Leilua does look/sound to be doing the right things to make it. He did drop a fair amount of weight. I actually think that Leilua could potentially make a better prop, than any we currently have in ISP. Lawrie could make it? But he is a bit small for a first grade prop.

Last edited:

Latest posts