What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroo squad

legend

Coach
With so many players ruling themselves out of the tour through injury and poor form, I thought it about time to name a provisional Kangaroo squad of 23(?). I think that's how many they are taking.

Before I name the squad I think it's safe to say Matt Orford and Billy Slater ruled themselves out of contention with both players having shockers today.

Lockyer
Minichello
Tate
Girdler
Tahu
Gower
Kimmorley
Ricketson
Kennedy
Tallis (c)
Webcke
Buderus
Villasanti

Wing
Fitzgibbon
O'Hara
J Monaghan
N Hindmarsh
Kearns
Price
O'Meley
Civoniceva
Hegarty

Special K

Coach
Thats good but isn't Tahu out?

If yes, throw Monaghan onto the wing and Ben Harris or Phil Bailey into his old place.

Frenzy

Juniors
A few notable omissions there legend :) Blokes who haven't got a hope in hell of missing out unless injured as well.

Start with the encumbent team, all who are fit from that side WILL go. Take out the names in red who are already unavailable and consider names in green that are in doubt. The notable omissions are Carlaw and Sing, both encumbents and both Qlders - both will tour, interstate politics will guarantee it.

1 - Lockyer*
2 - Sing*
3 - Tate*
4 - Lyon - Girdler*
5 - Minichiello*
6 - Timmins - Geyer*
7 - Johns - Kimmorley*
8 - Webcke*
9 - Buderus*
10 - Bailey L - Civoniceva*
11 - Tallis*
12 - Carlaw*
13 - Ricketson*

14 - Fletcher - Kennedy*
15 - Wing*
16 - Mason*
17 - Civoniceva - Fitzgibbon*

That's the last test side with who I think are logical replacements. That only leaves 6 to pick, I don't expect many surprises so IMO they will be

18 - Gower (5/8, half, hooker)
19 - Villasanti (prop)
20 - Bailey P (centre, second row)
21 - Kearns (prop)
22 - Flannery (anywhere)
23 - bonus spot for someone out of GF winning team

Remember, you gotta keep the Qlders happy. That's why Flannery over Hegarty - more versatile

:)

That's all IMO - it's not humble either :lol:

legend

Coach
I thought about Carlaw but even the Qld selectors would be hard pressed to pick many of their own after the way the Broncos finished the season.

I think Bailey may get a spot but I don't think the Broncos will have more than four in the starting line up and even that's being generous considering how they finished the year. Geyer is no hope after today. Melbourne sucked badly. They made the Dogs look better than they are but Anderson likes playing favourites.

I just can't see Carlaw getting picked. He did nothing in the Origin series and was quite a disappointment for the whole year.

Frenzy

Juniors
legend said:
I thought about Carlaw but even the Qld selectors would be hard pressed to pick many of their own after the way the Broncos finished the season.

I think Bailey may get a spot but I don't think the Broncos will have more than four in the starting line up and even that's being generous considering how they finished the year. Geyer is no hope after today. Melbourne sucked badly. They made the Dogs look better than they are but Anderson likes playing favourites.

I just can't see Carlaw getting picked. He did nothing in the Origin series and was quite a disappointment for the whole year.

Since when did the Qld selectors care about form? LOL LOL

I've got a dollar that says Carlaw will get in Leg?? :lol:

BTW also refer your last 2 sentences to your third last and apply it to Carlaw as well :)

Alan Shore

First Grade
This would be my train-on squad:

Canberra: Mark McLinden (utility value, he plays 1-7!), Luke Davico, Ian Hindmarsh, Joel Monaghan, Jason Croker, Clinton Schifcofske

Melbourne: Robbie Kearns, Cam Smith, Matt Orford, Matt Geyer.

Matt23

Staff member
Raiders not make it? O'Hara, Davico & Monaghan are definate chances.

theicemandanno

Juniors
Here's my side:

1. Lockyer
2. Minichiello
3. Tate
4. Girdler
5. Lewis (HUUUUGE BOLTER)
6. Wing
7. Gower
8. Webcke
9. Buderus
10. Civoniceva
11. Tallis
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Hindmarsh
15. Kearns
16. Price
17. Villasanti
18. Ricketson
19. Sing
20. Wesser
21. Mason
22. Anasta
23. Monaghan

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Price must be certainty in the starting line up since Bails is out. Lewis must has got to be in their for sure, one raider that has to be there is Ryan O'Hara. If no raiders make the squad and a player from Manly makes it, Ill walk backwards to Melbourne.

Ill be doing the same if Hindmarsh doesnt make it, unless he is injured.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
1. Darren Lockyer
2. Minichello
3. Lyon
4. Taite
5. Tahu
6. Anasta
7. Kimmorley
8. Webcke
9. Burderus
10.Villasanti
11. Tallis
12. Kennedy
13. Rickertson

14. Wing
15. Hindmarsh
16. Mason
17. Civonecevia

18. Kearns
19. Hegarty ( :roll: :roll: )
20. Wesser
21. Gower
22. Fitzgibbon

quick sticks

Juniors
1. Lockyer (vc)
2. Minichello
3. Lyon
4.Devere (goal kicker)
5.Tahu
6.Wing
7. Sherwin
8. Webke
9.Buderus
10.O`Mealy
11 Tallis (c)
12 Hindmarsh
13.Kennedy
14.Gower
15.Simpson
16. Ricketson
17. Civinoceva

Others to go
Price
P Bailey
Girdler
Fizgibbon
Lewis
Hegerty

The Colonel

Immortal
O'Hara and Davico are the only two Raiders - Kearns, Geyer and Orford from the Storm.

1. Lockyer
2. Minichiello
3. Hegarty
4. Girdler
5. El Masri
6. Geyer
7. Gower
8. Webcke
9. Buderus
10. Price
11. Tallis (c)
12. Kennedy
13. Ricketson

Reserves:

Hindmarsh, Wing, Fitzgibbon, O'Meley

Remainder

Orford, O'Hara, Lewis, Simpson, Wesser, Kearns, Mason

JoeD

First Grade
Mason??? can anyone explain what Mason has done to deserve his spot? In the tough games he goes missing big time. The warriors made him look like a fool. He only looks good running at blokes half his size or when someone puts him into a hole.

Having said that I hope he gets picked :lol: :lol: