What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos V Frogs

saddog

Juniors
The Ilawarra Mercury reports today that Geoff Carr says its almost certain that a test V France will take place as part of the trip to England for the Tri series

gret news for the international game, lest hope they frogs get thier best team on the paddock and give it a shake

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yes this is good news for not only Australian Rugby League but International as well, its been a long time since we've played the frogs, 1994 when the Aussies beat France 74-0 in Beziers, which was Mal Meninga's last test match. No wonder we hardly play France, they always get smashed. But their side now is heaps different to 1994, hopefully it wont be a thrashing.

Australia beat French Selection team, 34-10, but only won in the last 20 minutes. So I guess the French has improved.

I wish I was around when the French used to always beat Australia with the likes of Puig Abert. My grandfather used to tell me it was like Darren Lockyer and Hazem El Masri combined (for his goal kicking that is).

hgfds

Juniors
There was a report a while back that the match would be in bordeaux and the last test for the roos there was 1963 ,surely the french rugby league would gain more money playing this in the south and would perform better with a passionate crowd behind them.

Great news, but I thought it was a given that they would play France. Hopefully the'll make a decision on where and when soon and avoid the usual last minute arrangements that often change. It looks crap when we publish an itinary with venue TBA or TBC all over it.
Bordeaux would be ambitious. In 1963 it would have been a good RL city, but not any more and while not that far from the heartlands it would make more sense to play it in a stronghold like Perpignan or Carcassonne. If they want ti to be in a big city, why not Toulouse? It's in the heartlands of the game, has its own pro team and has great facilities etc.
I thought what they'd do was have the Roos and Kiwis play these 'tour games' in between TriSeries fixtures. Eg. If GB and NZ are playing in Huddersfield on a Saturday, the Roos would travel to France or Wales or wherever for a tour match on the Friday or Sunday and be back to play GB the following Saturday in the North, while the Kiwis make the trip for a tour match. This would give each team (Aust and NZ) two tour matches during the TriSeries.
As for Gb it would be good if they coul fit in a trip to France too.

Incidentally, when is the Med Cup on? Coz this would interfere with France like last year.

Great news, but I thought it was a given that they would play France. Hopefully the'll make a decision on where and when soon and avoid the usual last minute arrangements that often change. It looks crap when we publish an itinary with venue TBA or TBC all over it.
Bordeaux would be ambitious. In 1963 it would have been a good RL city, but not any more and while not that far from the heartlands it would make more sense to play it in a stronghold like Perpignan or Carcassonne. If they want ti to be in a big city, why not Toulouse? It's in the heartlands of the game, has its own pro team and has great facilities etc.
I thought what they'd do was have the Roos and Kiwis play these 'tour games' in between TriSeries fixtures. Eg. If GB and NZ are playing in Huddersfield on a Saturday, the Roos would travel to France or Wales or wherever for a tour match on the Friday or Sunday and be back to play GB the following Saturday in the North, while the Kiwis make the trip for a tour match. This would give each team (Aust and NZ) two tour matches during the TriSeries.
As for Gb it would be good if they coul fit in a trip to France too.

Incidentally, when is the Med Cup on? Coz this would interfere with France like last year.

yakstorm

First Grade
Oct 16 - Aus v NZ
Oct 23 - Aus v NZ
Oct 30 - Aus v GB
November 6 - GB v NZ
Nov 13 - Aus v GB / NZ v France
Nov 20 Aus v France / GB v NZ

Nov 27 - FINAL @ Manchester

Latest posts