What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos vs Kiwis Test Match

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Didn't work because we couldn't hold onto the ball....oh and it seemed like they were playing with two extra backs!

Shorty

Staff member
i
Cmon on Shorty, what were the multiple other cheap shots? Just out of interest. Not saying there wasn't any but I can't remember them so refresh my memory...
I'm really not going to waste my time trying to reason with an over obsessed Kiwi fanboy, your level of bias is of Bunniesman proportions.
Anyone would realise they're shot if they're the only ones on one side of the argument...but hey omgKiwisworldCHAMPS.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Why has it become a common insult, on the front row forums, to label someone with a difference of opinion as you as either on the same level as Bunniesman or an AFL troll?

Blake

Juniors
The Kiwis' performances (as per) before a tournament are an embarrassment. People moan about playing for their country, choose your allegiances etc but if the Kiwis continue to be that unenthusiastic for the jumper then they will continue to struggle to form long-term allegiances with players who may be on the cusp of deciding what team to represent.

Someone was saying in another thread that Brad Thorn was a glory hunter because he played for both Australia and New Zealand - well what the hell do you call these Kiwis who appear to on the day decide when to 'show up'.

i don't care that they haven't had the build up that Australia has, they are professional players (well they get paid like them) and must perform as such. Kevin Locke was the only one who in a team getting a pounding that played the whole game like it was still 0-0.

Blow your guts out spitting and shouting during the haka lads but that's about passionate as you look these days. Once it's over the opposition know the real game is about to begin and all you've succeeded in doing is setting yourself up for a massive fail after shouting and stamping your feet. Sooner or later people begin to recognise passion for the hot air and bluster that it really is.

Winning the world cup final in my books means sfa unless you can perform with consistency and pride and that means stepping up when that steps looks impossible to make.

Shorty

Staff member
Why has it become a common insult, on the front row forums, to label someone with a difference of opinion as you as either on the same level as Bunniesman or an AFL troll?
This guy doesn't have a different opinion, it's pretty much the same opinion for everything without any sort of impartial judgment.
Most of the Kiwis on this site are actually really intelligent, but you know there's a couple in every fanbase I suppose...but hey they're still annoying!

I can't speak for the AFL troll part, but usually they're pretty obvious.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Lol she gets angry because how dare I talk up the current four nations and world champ (not going to get much better opportunity to do so) and say that Darren Lockyer isn't a far superior player to Benji Marshall. You actually have nothing but get angry just because I don't like to fap over QLD players and Lockyer and go on about how great they are.

Shouldn't you be watching Roller Derby or something anyway?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
The Kiwis' performances (as per) before a tournament are an embarrassment. People moan about playing for their country, choose your allegiances etc but if the Kiwis continue to be that unenthusiastic for the jumper then they will continue to struggle to form long-term allegiances with players who may be on the cusp of deciding what team to represent.

Someone was saying in another thread that Brad Thorn was a glory hunter because he played for both Australia and New Zealand - well what the hell do you call these Kiwis who appear to on the day decide when to 'show up'.

i don't care that they haven't had the build up that Australia has, they are professional players (well they get paid like them) and must perform as such. Kevin Locke was the only one who in a team getting a pounding that played the whole game like it was still 0-0.

Blow your guts out spitting and shouting during the haka lads but that's about passionate as you look these days. Once it's over the opposition know the real game is about to begin and all you've succeeded in doing is setting yourself up for a massive fail after shouting and stamping your feet. Sooner or later people begin to recognise passion for the hot air and bluster that it really is.

Winning the world cup final in my books means sfa unless you can perform with consistency and pride and that means stepping up when that steps looks impossible to make.

Settle down. It was one match, they played shit and they are playing against a very good team. It happens. Look at recent ANZAC test and they have performed alright in those one of tests, there are always going to be bad performances and they get magnified when you are playing a very good team. It takes time to put together a team to beat a team like Australia who have some great individual players and while I think a near full strength Kiwi team can defitnitley compete with Australia in test matches like that when we are missing players it's going to widen the gap more because while we do have some depth these days it's still not comparable to Australias. I don't think it has anything to do with a lack of 'passion' at all.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Lol she gets angry because how dare I talk up the current four nations and world champ (not going to get much better opportunity to do so) and say that Darren Lockyer isn't a far superior player to Benji Marshall. You actually have nothing but get angry just because I don't like to fap over QLD players and Lockyer and go on about how great they are.

You are only as good as your last game and based on that, you have very little to talk up

It was the weakest performance from a Kiwis side since the bad old days pre '05 where your boys got 50+ put on them regularly.

Paint it up as "just a 1 off test" and make excuses like "the Australian side gets to play together all the time" blah blah blah but if you really cant see the big failings in your national side then you have your head buried very deep indeed.

Good luck in the 4N mate, the Kiwis have a lot of work ahead of them

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Look at the post above, it's not making excuses it's just the way it is. Have I been talking us up in the last week? No, before the squad was named and before Matai, Johnson and Vatuvei I was for sure. I still think we will go alright but not that overly confident anymore and would agree that Australia are rightfully favourites. All I really want atm is for us to beat England!

Shorty

Staff member
Oh sweetie, your posts are simply annoying and predictable, I'd never get angry about anything like that:lol:
Um...LOL is that supposed to be some sort of insult? That's pathetic, try harder next time.

Please don't call me 'hun'.
Um..Lockyer a NUMBER of times, Thurston a NUMBER of times, high shots in particular were in abundance.

OK baby cakes (btw lol @ you calling Eddie 'sweetie' you hypocrite).

It seems like you're a lil confused over what a cheap shot actually is.

A cheap shot is a photo of you on a Saturday night.

lol j/k ;-)

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Oh sweetie, your posts are simply annoying and predictable, I'd never get angry about anything like that:lol:
Um...LOL is that supposed to be some sort of insult? That's pathetic, try harder next time.

Please don't call me 'sweetie' hun.

Nah it was a question, you a roller derby fan? Genuinely wondering.

Shorty

Staff member
OK baby cakes (btw lol @ you calling Eddie 'sweetie' you hypocrite).
Ok you got me:lol:
It seems like you're a lil confused over what a cheap shot actually is.

A cheap shot is a photo of you on a Saturday night.

lol j/k ;-)
That's almost as bad as Eddie's:roll:

But seriously, if Australia had played that bad against the Kiwis I'd have been filthy.
World Champions is yesterday's news.
Kiwi defence is extremely questionable and while it will improve it's still going to be pretty bad.
Aus is beatable, but it'll be because they're lazy and take their foot off the pedal.

And Eddie, no I don't really like Roller Derby, most of those chicks are just fat anyhow.

Latest posts