What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken Sutcliffe announces retirement

Ken Sutcliffe is bowing out in December, having announced his retirement.

I've always been fond of his sports work. Always seemed a pleasant fellow who let the sports people do their own talking. Little hyperbole, facts and enough info without bombarding you, or shouting at you.

For mine, up there with Richie Benaud, Max Walker, Bill and Tony as a "Voice of Channel 9".

Lemon Squash

First Grade
15 years too late

Quality bloke, but honestly bog average on tv, especially in today's day and age

Incorrect

Coach
Seems like a really nice fella, but I tend to agree with Lemon Squash.... offers no real insight in to any sport that he presents. Kind of fumbles/mumbles his way through these days and seems to try too hard to bring humour in to the conversation... I sometimes watch channel 9 news during the week and his exchanges with Peter Overton are often cringeworthy - both know F-All about sport and try to bring a casual "aussie larrikin" vibe to the table but they're both dorks to be honest. Overton especially - you can tell that bloke is allergic to testosterone, but I digress....

But good luck to Sutcliffe - managed to carve out a decent career in TV sports coverage without seemingly knowing a whole lot about any of it...

Brutus

Referee
Boring as batshit and wasn't an expert on any sport. Some of his post-match presentation work for Origins and Grand Finals was shit ordinary.

Wests is Best

Juniors
Say what you like about Ken Sutcliffe, but if Kerry sent Kenny for the intro or the wrap up of a sporting event you could guarantee it was something worth watching. For that reason alone I liked having Ken Sutcliffe on my TV

Dodgy

Juniors
As someone who likes motorsport. He was good hosting the Australian GP coverage with Jackie Stewart.